Wired Reflexes 2
Muscle Toner 2 (used)
Platelet Factories (used)
Mnemonic Enhancer 1
Smart Link

--Skill Groups--
Stealth 1

-- Skills --
Automatics (SMG) 6          Dice Pool  Ares Weapon 18(20) Non Ares 16(18)
Heavy Weapons (Launcher) 1      Dice Pool Ares Weapon 13(15) Non Ares 11(13)
Pistols (Semi Auto) 2         Dice Pool Ares Weapon 14(16) Non Ares 12(14)
Unarmed (Striking) 1         Dice Pool  10(12)
Etiquette (Street) 1         Dice Pool 4 (6)
Perception (Sight) 1         Dice Pool 5 (Hearing 8 )(Sight 10)
Pilot Ground Craft 1         Dice Pool Non Ares Vehicle 8
Gymnastics            Dice Pool 10

Disguise             Dice Pool 5
Palming             Dice Pool 10
Sneaking            Dice Pool 10

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
Bosnian N
English (Speaking) 1         Dice Pool 6( 8 )
Arabic (Speaking) 1          Dice Pool 6( 8 )

Sports (Desert Wars) 2         Dice Pool 7(9)
Gang ID (Sarajevo) 2         Dice Pool 7(9)
Safehouses (Sarajevo) 1      Dice Pool 6( 8 )

-- Gear --
ares sigma (gas vent3 / Sling)         1600
Ares Light Fire 75                1,250¥
Ares Alpha (Gas vent / Shock Pad / Sling)      2,650¥
Shock gloves                550
Fake Sin 3 10,000
Licence 3 (ares sigma/cyber/shock hand/Bounty Hunter)    3200
10x Thermal smoke grenades             360
Transys Avalon w/ sim mod             5,100¥
Subvocal mic                50¥
Earbuds (Audio enhancement 3)          1650
Glasses (Vison Mag/Vuision Enhancement 3)       2150
Ares Globetrotter Jacket            1300
Helmet                  100
   Trodes                70
   Ultrasound Sensor             100
   Image Link             25
   Bio Monitor             300
Respirator 6               300
Trauma patch                500
3x Stim patch 6                450
C-N Jackrabbit                10,000
Extra Secure Low lifestlye 1 month       2400
200x smg rounds             400
130x Assult Rifle Rounds          260
30x APDS light pistol rounds          360
3x spare clips for SMG 15
2x spare clips AR 10
1x spare clip Pistol 5
1x long haul 50

Remaining Money - 415 + (3d6 x 60) nuyen

-- Contacts --
Mustafa Softić (Fixer) - Connection 4, Loyalty 1
Crazy Hassan (Arms Dealer)- Connection 3, Loyalty 1

-- Story--
As a child he witness an Ares Firewatch team extract a high level executive after a "minor misunderstanding" with one of the larger local gangs. He looked on in awe at these angels of grace and death that had literaly came from on high. If he were one of them, everything would change. No one would mess with him again. So He hit the shadows because he knows that on the street you learn faster or you die. Someday Ares will come asking him to be in Fairewatch, hes sure of it. The only question is will his natural ability keep him alive till his experence catches up...

--Goals--
Oh man do i need to get his skills out of the toliet. I would also like to get his log and str to 3, both to even him out, and get his limits up. Beyond that i would like a pain editor and maybe a reflex recorder for Automatics. I also like the idea of upgrading Platelet Factories to free up a scrape of essence and I like Mnemonic Enhancers
« Last Edit: <10-03-14/1017:53> by Imveros »
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #1 on: <10-02-14/2048:10> »
Well, seeing as this is for Sarajevo, I'm going to mention that I'm not sure if you need fake SINs and/or licenses.  It's a feral city that's been in located in the middle of a warzone that's been hot for decades.  As per the book, the grid's near non-existent, and with law enforcement provided by UN peacekeepers and a mercenary group.  People do everything armed and/or armored.  We'd need to speak to the Weaver of Words in regards to that.

Also, I'm only counting 12 points spent out among skills, currently.  That's not including Pilot Groundcraft or Gymnastics (which you didn't put a level by).  Are the parenthesis specialties? 

Finally, while Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers do stack with each other when using the Wireless functionality, that still takes you past the +4 Augmented maximum on your Reaction attribute.  You might as well bust down the Reaction enhancers by a level and save the nuyen and Essence. 

Out of curiosity, how is the incompetence in biotech supposed to impact your character?  No first aid or the ability to install/create 'ware?
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-02-14/2136:30> »
SR core P 455
Wireless: Reaction enhancers are compatible with a
wireless wired reflexes system, and the total bonus Reaction
from the two augmentations can be above +4 if
both systems have wireless activated.

yes i have 6 specializations to bring me to 18 points

I figured the SINs would be even more useful in a lawless place. Less people expect you to have them so they add an aspect of respectability when dealing with the law man. On the flip side. That's also why i have two forbidden guns figuring that no fucks will be given 95% of the time! 

incompetence in biotech was supposed to represent his training priority. He will be an untouchable angel of death. Why waste valuable automatics training time on such egg headed pursuits? I also needed 5 more BP and didnt know what else to take  :-[
« Last Edit: <10-02-14/2139:20> by Imveros »
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #3 on: <10-02-14/2332:06> »
Incompetent [Outdoors] is usually what I suggest if someone is looking for a worthwhile skill group to take. The skills don't necessarily comes up that often, but when they do, you actually feel like you earned those 5 points.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #4 on: <10-02-14/2335:25> »
Finally, while Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers do stack with each other when using the Wireless functionality, that still takes you past the +4 Augmented maximum on your Reaction attribute.  You might as well bust down the Reaction enhancers by a level and save the nuyen and Essence.

Not at my books at the moment,  but Reaction Enhancers and Wired Reflexes do allow you to go past the +4 limit if they are both wireless.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #5 on: <10-03-14/0048:45> »
I stand corrected, thankee sais. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-03-14/1020:43> »
Incompetent [Outdoors] is usually what I suggest if someone is looking for a worthwhile skill group to take. The skills don't necessarily comes up that often, but when they do, you actually feel like you earned those 5 points.

I like that idea. It fits better with my doesn't want to make time for silly stuff attitude. Why learn survival when i have all this great tech to do that for me. It also seems stupid for a man wanting to be a high end solder not knowing the tiniest thing about first aid. I also think my GM will get his evil laugh on at some point in the future. Thanks for the tip

norskface

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <10-03-14/1353:06> »
Hey, how stealthy is your character going to be?

Im just javing my hands on some kind of ninja type with bows or crossbows... But also Stealth and gymnastics high.

Im a little concerened, that we are overlapping quite much, since I cant make much individual stuff with only Skills C because I need my 50k for some Muscle Replacements. (I worry in game I woned see them for long time, if I dont purchase them on Charactergen.)

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-03-14/2113:10> »
he will throw 8 dice for stealth so he isn't that stealthy. Also his personality is not stealth oriented in the slightest. He is more shock and awe. Kick the door down, launch grenades, and play slow motion rock and roll music. Just focus on the stealth and B&E aspects and we shal be fine!

WordWeaver

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <10-03-14/2335:30> »
I put some info on legality and SINs in the original thread so everyone could reference it.  Basically, you don't need them and you won't often be asked for them but they can be useful when dealing with foreigners and corporate types who have different expectations.  Not a critical purchase but if you buy it I will make it worthwhile.  Kind of a motto I try to live by.  I especially dig the bounty hunter license.

So, the character looks pretty solid.  Pointed, to be sure.  I mean, them's a lot of dice for shooting, but it's legit by the system and leaves plenty of room for growth outside of his focus area.  As long as I see karma investment outside of getting better at killing folks, I'm good with it.  The runs you all will initially be venturing out on won't be as difficult as a full-on runner might see, so I wouldn't sweat limits this early.

Whatever you choose to do with your incompetent, I will make it bothersome for you.  Just make sure you don't put it on something that you actually want to be decent at as we progress.

I could do with a little more detail on what he's been doing since he decided to start running.  How'd he get his gear and cyberware?  What runs has he seen so far?  Don't give me a novel or anything, especially not this early in the process, but I'll take any story hooks that I can weave in as I attempt to make the game as character focused as possible.

I like the goals section, especially for this type of game.  I think I'll ask everyone to work that up. 

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <10-12-14/0126:05> »
Remade him slighty to fill the wheel man gap in our group. I also figured that an addition 1d6 of iniative only helped get me the 3rd pass in rare situations so going from wired 2 down to wired 1 frees up alot of extra cash i used to buy a party bus for the team, the ware to use it properly, and a few treats for myself. Let me know what you guys think of my "New And Improved Emir"

Emir Demirović Street Scum Gunman

-- Priorities --
Metatype D (Elf)
Attributes C (16)
Magic E (Mundane)
Skills E (18)
Resources B (¥275,000)

-- Karma Expenditure --
50 Total
-3 Agile Defender
-3 Brand Loyalty Manufacturer (Ares)
-25 Edge 1 to 3
-7 ¥
-3 Contacts
-5 STEALTH group
-2 Heavy Weapons
-2 Gymnastics

0 Left

-- Attributes --
Body 3
Agility 7 (9)
Reaction 3 ( 7 )
Strength 2
Willpower 3
Logic 2
Intuition 4
Charisma 3
Edge 3
Essence 0.825

Initiative - 11 + 2d6
Physical Condition Monitor - 10
Stun Condition Monitor - 10
Physical Limit - 5
Mental Limit - 4 (5)
Social Limit - 4

-- Qualities --
Positive:
Agile Defender
Brand Loyalty Manufacturer (Ares)
Homeground (The Transporter) (Bosnian (Muslim) Quarter)

Negative:
Common Moderate Allergy (seafood)
Weak Immune System

--Augmentations--
Reaction Enhancers 3 (used)
Wired Reflexes 1 (Alpha)
Control Rig 1
Muscle Toner 2 (used)
Platelet Factories (used)
Mnemonic Enhancer 1
Shock Hand
Smart Link

--Skill Groups--
Stealth 1

-- Skills --
Automatics (SMG) 6          Dice Pool  Ares Weapon 18(20) Non Ares 16(18)
Pistols (Semi Auto) 2         Dice Pool Ares Weapon 14(16) Non Ares 12(14)
Pilot Ground Craft 1 (Wheeled)        Dice Pool Ares Vehicle 10(12) Non Ares 8(10)
Unarmed (Striking) 1         Dice Pool  10(12)
Etiquette (Street) 1         Dice Pool 4 (6)
Perception (Sight) 1         Dice Pool 5 (Hearing 8 )(Sight 10)
Heavy Weapons  1      Dice Pool Ares Weapon 12 Non Ares 10
Gymnastics            Dice Pool 10

Disguise             Dice Pool 5
Palming             Dice Pool 10
Sneaking            Dice Pool 10

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
Bosnian N
English (Speaking) 1         Dice Pool 6( 8 )
Arabic (Speaking) 1          Dice Pool 6( 8 )
Sports (Desert Wars) 2         Dice Pool 7(9)
Gang ID (Sarajevo) 2         Dice Pool 7(9)
Safehouses (Sarajevo) 1      Dice Pool 6( 8 )

-- Gear --
ares sigma (gas vent3 / Sling)         1600
Ares Light Fire 75                1,250¥
Ares Alpha (Gas vent / Shock Pad / Sling)      2,650¥
Fake Sin 4 10,000
Licence 4 (ares sigma/cyber/shock hand/Ares Roadmaster/Bounty Hunter)   4,000
10x Thermal smoke grenades             360
Transys Avalon w/ sim mod             5,100¥
Subvocal mic                50¥
Earbuds (Audio enhancement 3)          1650
Glasses (Vison Mag/Vuision Enhancement 3)       2150
Ares Globetrotter Jacket            1300
   Custom Protection (Insulation 4)
   Holster
   non conductivity 5    1250
   Fire Resistance 4      1000
Helmet                  100
   Respirator 6               300
   Ultrasound Sensor             100
   Image Link             25
   Bio Monitor             300
Trauma patch                500
3x Stim patch 6                450
Ares Roadmaster      52,000
   Rigger interface    1000
Extra Secure Low lifestlye 1 month       2400
200x smg rounds             400
130x Assult Rifle Rounds          260
30x APDS light pistol rounds          360
3x spare clips for SMG 15
2x spare clips AR 10
1x spare clip Pistol 5
1x long haul 50

Remaining Money - 85 + (3d6 x 60) nuyen

-- Contacts --
Mustafa Softić (Fixer) - Connection 4, Loyalty 1
Crazy Hassan (Arms Dealer)- Connection 3, Loyalty 1
Scrapheap (Mechanic) - Connection 1, Loyalty 2

-- Story--
As a child he witness an Ares Firewatch team extract a high level executive after a "minor misunderstanding" with one of the larger local gangs. He looked on in awe at these angels of grace and death that had literaly came from on high. If he were one of them, everything would change. No one would mess with him again. So He hit the shadows because he knows that on the street you learn faster or you die. Someday Ares will come asking him to be in Fairewatch, hes sure of it. The only question is will his natural ability keep him alive till his experence catches up...

--Goals--
Oh man do i need to get his skills out of the toliet. I would also like to get his log and str to 3, both to even him out, and get his limits up. Beyond that i would like a pain editor and maybe a reflex recorder for Automatics. I also like the idea of upgrading Platelet Factories to free up a scrape of essence and I like Mnemonic Enhancers
« Last Edit: <10-20-14/0011:30> by Imveros »

8-bit

« Reply #11 on: <10-12-14/0155:06> »
You don't really need a Control Rig to drive a vehicle. Especially with such a low rating one, and low rating skills. 90% of situations you should be fine with manual driving, and if you really want to be a monster at driving, you need to really specialize in it. Dropping that gives you a lot of money. I would also suggest maybe dropping the Used Muscle Toner for Alphaware Muscle Replacement 2. That gives you an extra 2 Strength, and leaves you with 0.725 Essence, so not a huge hit, and gives you 31,000 extra nuyen to spend. Chameleon Coating + Spoof Chips + Morphing License Plate will cost 37,500 nuyen. If you can afford it somehow, great, if not, you have an extra 31,000 to spend. It's up to you what you want to do with it. Here are some suggestions.

- Cybereyes: Rating 4 w/ everything within availability is only 36,000 nuyen at Standard Grade. 27,000 at Used Grade. Rating 3 w/ only Vision Enhancement 2 is 28,000 at Standard, 21,000 at Used.
- Damage Compensators: You can get Rating 4 for only 8,000 nuyen, but 0.4 Essence.
- Sleep Regulator: 14,000 nuyen only, but granted it is pretty niche and optional
- Upgrade to Standard/Alpha Grade on stuff you can: No numbers here, but can definitely save you some Essence for further augmentations down the road.

I'm sure there are other options too, but that's my take on it.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <10-12-14/0207:55> »
you are right, the control rig isn't the greatest thing ever right now, but it is something i can grow into. As it is a street scum game I have to look at the long term. I will get those skill numbers off and be popping wheelies with my tank in no time. Not really interested in the Chameleon coating spoof chips ext. They are super pricy and not really his style. Not to mention the fact that the Roadmaster is not a subtle thing regardless of the paint job :/

Thanks for all the options though! This runner was initially based off of the initiative build you gave me for my troll whip user!

8-bit

« Reply #13 on: <10-12-14/0222:03> »
Yeah, I kind of noticed. I'm glad that it was helpful for you. In terms of actual skills and everything else, I think the build looks fine. If you want to keep the control rig to be able to grow into it later, then I think it's a fantastic choice. Just note that it will take a lot of your karma to get the skills up for it to be really worth it in the long run, but if that's what you're looking for, then it fits perfectly. The build itself is good; I don't really see anything that needs changing.

Actually, maybe a couple things I would change. Either change Etiquette to Con (+2 Fast Talk), or maybe drop Edge down to 2 and get the Acting skill group. I really think that would be beneficial, especially in the long run, as those skills can be core to a professional Shadowrunner. After all, if you aren't going to be good at your job, why would your reputation increase and why would people hire you? The extra 10 karma can go into contacts, as you should bump some of them up. That allows you to get a 1/6 Mechanic, a 4/3 Fixer, and a 3/4 Arms Dealer (or variants thereof). That will leave you with 1 Karma left, so maybe into money and get 2 Renraku Sensei Commlinks as "burner" links. You don't want your Transys Avalon being compromised by data trails being linked back to it through calls and search history.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <10-12-14/2329:40> »
Hopefully i will get a lot of karma to make that come true. *crosses fingers*

As the $ starts to flow in i was hoping to get a few fly spys for recon and to make sure the escape routes stay clear. Then move into higher level recon. Seems to be the way to go because i can still use perception for that and its still useful in the meat world. Any other tips for recon and surprise prevention? I guess an RCC would be a good investment to get a fly spy web going and keep their noise levels down. We will be running in a high noise environment. Beyond that I've never tried to make a rigger before. Seemed like it would be fun