NEWS

First 5e Adept - Feedback Welcome

• 16 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #15 on: <02-07-19/2354:26> »
...yeah, sneaking is augmented by the Catlike quality (and cats are sneaky)

I also agree, the martial Arts are pretty weak for the cost.  My Adept KK has Wudang Sword which gives her two very useful techniques: Iajutsu and Riposte.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #16 on: <02-08-19/0027:17> »
Attributes
Body: 5
Agility: 6
Reaction: 4
Strength: 5
Willpower: 3
Logic: 2
Intuition: 4
Charisma: 3
Edge: 3
Magic: 6
Essence: 6

Contacts
Yosef Sunnovich ("Uncle Joe"), Bratva Boss (Con: 6; Loy: 2)
Boris Sunnovich ("Cousin Boris"), Bratva Boss (Con: 4; Loy: 6)
"Doctor Nick," Street Doc (Con: 3; Loy: 1)
"Winchester," Fixer (Con: 6; Loy: 3)

Qualities
Positive
Bilingual
Catlike
Mentor Spirit (Cat)
Natural Athlete
Sharpshooter
Negative
Allergy (Uncommon, Mild; Dogs)
Creature Comfort, Middle
Did You Call Me Dumb?
Phobia (Uncommon, Moderate; Barghests)

Adept Powers
Combat Sense 2
Danger Sense 2
Enh. Accuracy (Pistols)
Improved Ability (Pistols) 3
Improved Reflexes 2
Light Body 2 (Mentor Spirit)
Nimble Fingers

Active Skills
Pistols (Heavy) 6
Gymnastics (Parkour) 6
Unarmed Combat (Gun Kata) 6
Pilot Ground Craft 2
Perception 4 (from Magic B)
Con 2*
Impersonation 2*
Performance 2*
Etiquette 3
Throwing Weapons 2

* Skill Group

So a couple things.
1.  If you still wanted to play "Bullseye" then my suggestion would be to take the adept power that gives you a single spell.   And take Fling.  It does wonders for my Mystic Adept.

2.  I would look at dropping STR by 2 or by 1 & CHA by 1 in order to boost Reaction/Intuition to 5 each.  Your going to want as much dodge as possible.

3.  Your not the Face, so I wouldn't bother with those skill points.   Dump the 2 Skill Group Points into Athletics so you can Run & Swim both of which are useful for an infiltrator.
Finally as an Infiltrator you can NOT go wrong with Sneak-6 (Urban+2) for a full 7 points (8 dice).

I'd probably dump all 28 skill points into 4 maxed skills, starting with a single good ranged skill like Automatics so you can use Fling for stealthy insertions & Automatics/Longarms for when the big guns are needed.
Then pick up Perception & Stealth also at maxed points.
Finally if you have to take a Social skill, you can't go wrong with CON (FastTalk) to get past security or get away from security & with max points it won't hurt so much that you only have 2-3 in CHA.

I like most the Positive Qualities.

I might drop a couple of the smaller point Powers that you have to boost Reflexes to 3 & Agility Boost-1

The Parkor stuff is fine for a broad daylight wall scaling quick, but for most shadowruns your going to have a whole team & that means either a Mage with Levitation or some Climbing Gear, so I wouldn't invest so much into leaping through a 2nd story window w/o assistance.  I don't see it as being that common a need.  But that's just me.