NEWS

Tangled Currents - Jeremiah

• 566 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <07-17-16/1057:00> »
No but I have trodes in my hat  and a mic, nearly as good He says giving his com code.  I'm not that familiar with drones can I link up to their feeds?  I can use that adjust our route on the fly without having to just follow you.  I'm a little behind on the tech scene, I been asleep for the last 6 months or so.

Spokane indicates he is ready to go whenever Steve is.

And thanks again.  Your people have been about the nicest I've met since coming out of my coma.  I might have to hang with you guys. The er...Amazons is it?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <07-17-16/1112:05> »
Steve nods.  "I can give you a download feed from the drones, but you will not be able to control them.  Here....................and there you are."  A section of your HUD now includes two views of the street racing by below you.  The sensation is a bid disconcerting at first but by some instinct, you realize that you can place the views where you want in your vision so as to not interfere with your eyes so much.  It will still take some getting used to, though.  While you are doing this and trying to adapt to the new vision sense, you hear Steve laugh.  "Yeah, we're pretty nice once you get to know us and get past the strange names.  And all of us aren't lezzies, you know.  If we get through this, I imagine Mike will allow you to hang with us for a bit.  Shall we get started?  The street looks clear for at least a few blocks ahead.  The Clowns will need to get over losing their boss and that should allow us to blitz through their neighborhood."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <07-17-16/1234:18> »
I've heard stranger things that reversing traditional gender linked names, did make me wonder why though.  Ready when you are.

Spokane and Co. head out at a fast clip.  Spokane maintains his alert posture keeping one eye on the surroundings and another on the feed to make adjustments as needed.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <07-17-16/1321:13> »
The woman laughs.  "It is really Stephanie, but Mike has us use masculine names as part of some tradition started years ago.  But you can use my real name when we are away from the neighborhood, if you like."

The first portion of the next leg is without incident as the drones allow you to see potential blocks and skirt them.  Eventually, though, the good luck runs out.  Steve's drones indicate that the road ahead is blocked by a group of about fifteen KE officers doing an ID check of everyone in the street.  She stops her bike about two blocks ahead of the moving patrol and looks at you.  "These guys are smart.  The only way past is to reverse direction and take a thirty minute detour.  Your call."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <07-17-16/1732:22> »
My real name is Jeremiah, but I go by Spokane with everyone, its a nickname I grew up with, its as much my name as Jeremiah is.  Call me whatever you want.  Lets go around.  Im sure my papers will check out but I dont want to be forced to hurt cops.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <07-17-16/2032:28> »
Steve overlays an alternate route on the Grid Guide and sends it to you as she calls back the drones to help survey the new route.  This will add a bit of time, but will get you past the KE ID check.  After this delay, you have very little trouble getting through the next few neighborhoods.  There is a toll of 25Y per bike at one, and a small delay of a few minutes while one inventive ganger is charging kisses from women who want to pass his check point.  Steve laughs and pays the toll and you move on.

Simon indicates that he needs to use the bathroom and is a bit hungry.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <07-17-16/2159:12> »
Sure thing big man.  You want anything in particular?  How about you Steve, hungry? 

At the stop Spokane checks out the bathroom before the kid goes in then fishes out the card from the woman at the stuffer shack and leaves her a short update.  You seemed like the worrying type so I wanted to assure you that the kid and I are fine.  It's taking longer than we expected but we are safe, so stop worrying.

Order whatever, my treat.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <07-18-16/0217:59> »
Simon is hopping from one foot to the other and back by the time you give your OK for the bathroom.  Steve laughs a bit but smiles.  "Would you like to check out the women's room, too?"  The three of you order food and take seats to eat it.  You get a response message back almost immediately.  >>Hey, thanks for letting me know.  I was worried a bit.  Say, the offer to have you swing by to tell me what happened is still open.  Give it a thought, OK?<<

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <07-18-16/0912:12> »
Spokane replies to Steve in all seriousness I'll check it if you'd like

While they are eating and Spokane reads his text he laughs and says Why is it that women only hit on you when...oh...right. The smile turns into a wistful expression but he brightens almost immediately and smiles at Steve Since I've been out of the loop for so long you think you could catch me up on the tech scene sometime Steve?  I've always been interested in the stuff and my lack of knowledge has become rather uncomfortably apparent on this job.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <07-18-16/1001:48> »
Steve laughs.  "That must be some message to get that response from you.  If I was a betting person, I would say that whoever that is is probably hitting on you because you are one of the good guys.  Life these days is pretty tough unless you are one of the AAA suits, so you tend to take your pleasures where and when you can.  To that girl, you might be a passing fancy that she thinks can brighten her day, which can be a very good thing, even if it is just one day, or night.  And I am not sure what you mean with that question, Spokane.  What do you want to know about the tech scene, as you call it?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <07-18-16/1055:30> »
I'm a good guy?  I try to be a nice guy but my job is to do violence.  I mean I try to make sure that violence is directed at worse people and I do my best to protect those that need it, but does that make me a good guy?  He chuckles I don't know if simply not being a psycopath makes you a good guy necessarily, but thank you I appreciate you thinking so.

As for the tech stuff I mean just the basic stuff about computers, drones, AR tips and tricks.  I'm not asking you to teach me to be a badass hacker or anything but I'd like to at least know the basics.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <07-18-16/1118:58> »
"Yeah, I heard about the violence part.  But that as...er, guy has had it coming for a very long time.  But look at things from her perspective.  Did she see you do any violence?  Were you polite?  I do not know where or when you met her, or under what circumstances, but if that is all she has to work with, you sound like a pretty nice guy to me.  And I have had a couple of hours of exposure to you and would also consider you a nice guy.  As for being a hacker, yeah, that would take a long time.  Even as much as you are asking might require some extensive time, certainly more than we have at a Stuffer Shack booth."  She looks at you and smirks.  "It might even need some night schooling.  Hey, don't judge.  I told you up front that just because I wear the jacket does not automatically make me a lezzie.  I am at least bi and happen to have a soft spot for nice guys taking kids home to their fathers."

Simon looks up from his burger and fries.  "Are you talking about me?  And I have heard far worse words than asshole."

Steve looks at the kid then laughs.  "Okay then.  The guy was an asshole and deserved far worse than what you gave him, Spokane."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <07-18-16/1248:34> »
Jeremiah laughsSure, I get what you are saying. It's better for the world if some people get shot and I don't feel bad for shooting that guy.  I didn't take pleasure in it and I wouldn't have done it if he hadn't given me a reason to.  my philosophy is pretty basic.  I do right by those who do right by me and make sure those who do me or innocents wrong can't do it again.  To the best of my ability.

Yeah the computer stuff I didn't mean now I mean when I have downtime and stuff,,,and I wouldn't mind a reason to see more of you.  I don't know why exactly but you remind me of something I can't quite put my finger on...it's... intriguing.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <07-18-16/2347:25> »
The girl laughs as she finishes her burger and stands.  "I hope it is not some guy named Steve, because I might be disappointed.  I have been told I have some guy traits, but I think my chest indicates I am not a guy.  Shall we get moving?  I have placed my drones out and it looks like clear street for at least a couple of miles."

Simon finishes his food and stands, too.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <07-19-16/0351:58> »
Spokane smirks, No it's not a guy, not a person even.  It's just tickling something in the back of my brain, like a feeling or a memory.  I'll tell you when I figure it out.

Yeah I'm ready.  Let's move out.
  Jeremiah puts the helmet back on Simon and helps him onto the bike, checks to make sure that Steve is ready then heads out.  Once again keeping an eye on the feeds and another eye out for hidden threats.