NEWS

Pathfinder Kingmaker

• 9 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« on: <10-09-18/1522:12> »
So I picked up the new Pathfinder Kingmaker game, its not a bad game for the price!

I uses Paizo's Pathfinder rules for gameplay and is very much in the style of Bioware's Neverwinter Nights game from 2001. I have only spent about 30 hours on the game so far, and from what I have seen, its a massive game!  All the base character classes are there, along with a couple of the prestige classes. Character creation is complex, with a massive amount of feats, equipment and options available.

On the down sides:

I has bugs. I have not found any game breaking bugs yet, just small things that are annoying - but they are patching the game constantly (since I got the game, there has been 3 major patches, fixing the bigger issues found).

The game includes so many details, and the documentation that comes with  the game and the tool tips really don't help much - you need to have a least a baseline idea of the pathfinder game system to understand how to build a good character.

Too much equipment! Silly I know to complain about this :P But there is over 50 different weapons in this game! And that doessn't include armor, magic items, spells, or a host of other things I am forgetting :D there just seems to be so much that you can get paralyzed by choice :D

SO... If you are looking for a new game, and like the old isomorphic view style and in depth rules to a game (and know the Pathfinder system) then I recommend you give this one a go!
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-09-18/1538:37> »
I had to dig offsite to find system requirements.

It requires a 64 bit processor.  That shouldn't be a problem for most people...  But I figure I might save the time / trouble for those that it will cause a hiccup for.

https://pathfinderkingmaker.gamepedia.com/System_requirements

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-09-18/2026:06> »
Thanks for the heads-up guys. I remember the KS for this, but have pretty much sworn off campaigns for software these days. I check it out on Steam and get it on my wishlist.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <10-09-18/2136:53> »
I did the beta for this game, and I love it. It's really everything you ever wanted out of the Kingmaker campaign, but without table top constraints.  Some mechanics like the traveling/camping take a little getting used to at first, and the inventory management takes some adjustment. 
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-16-18/1234:20> »
Since I last posted, the game has had over 20 gigs of updates that have fixed, broken, and fixed numerous small complaints people have had. Only about 10 hours into the game on a single character (cause I like to try out the classes...) and so far its been great.

Marcus is right about about the inventory. There is no "auto-sort" option - which annoys me to no end as I like my inventory clean.

The travel/camp mechanics you can pick up really quickly through exploring the interface a bit. The built in "game guide" does a super poor job of explaining it sadly.

So far, the most game breaking thing I have found is some cut scenes don't work - which stops some quests from progressing. But many of these have been fixed as of the patch today (They claim).

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #5 on: <10-16-18/1600:15> »
No auto sort?  Top of the inventory screen there are icons to look at only certain types of items.  Right of that is a drop down to sort by x.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-16-18/1921:16> »
Found it....

Cross that complaint off the list, add another for the totorial not pointing to that :P

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #7 on: <10-16-18/2022:24> »
Unless it was changed in the main release it was discussed in the beta-inventory instruction in the first fort I think or at-least the search function was discussed. I swear next month when i really go down to 50% travel i'll get started on my actual play through of the game.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <10-19-18/0925:19> »
Unless it was changed in the main release it was discussed in the beta-inventory instruction in the first fort I think or at-least the search function was discussed. I swear next month when i really go down to 50% travel i'll get started on my actual play through of the game.

Considering the bug density you might want to wait even longer.
They are working on a big patch now but based on their many hotfixes until now that one will likely create as much new bugs as it closes.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-20-18/1321:44> »
Good info and advice. I'm thinking I will likely pick this up around the Steam Christmas sale.