NEWS

Camera use

• 20 Replies

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <03-06-19/2310:44> »
It was also a team of four; how many people work on a movie studio set? They also didn’t attempt an Extended Test...
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <03-06-19/2314:23> »
It was also a team of four; how many people work on a movie studio set?
Counterpoint: teamwork still limits bonus dice to skill rank, so you can only get so far with that.

They also didn’t attempt an Extended Test...
An extended test, which would reduce the dicepool every time interval? Not helping your case.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <03-06-19/2318:06> »
A limit of 14, though? I invite you to find anyone with 14 dice in perception, let alone anyone who could reliably achieve 14 hits on a perception test with teamwork and situational modifiers.

Perception isn't the skill that'd be used with the professional media-grade cameras.  Artisan (arguably, Performance) would be.

Again it's not gear that's meant for shadowruns.  Unless the shadowrun involves a trideo production facility and the runners must operate the cameras for some reason.  But hey for that shadowrun, there's rules for the cameras!
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <03-06-19/2322:14> »
What? You wouldn't put a smartcam on a larger spy drone as a way of getting a higher sensor rating while circumventing the prohibitive drone modification rules? And you had the guts to try to make a rigger/decker build with that attitude! Shame on you.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <03-06-19/2325:19> »
What? You wouldn't put a smartcam on a larger spy drone as a way of getting a higher sensor rating while circumventing the prohibitive drone modification rules? And you had the guts to try to make a rigger/decker build with that attitude! Shame on you.

If I were doing a paparazzi drone rigger (and actually I kind of am percolating that idea tbh) I'd consider it.

But as said upthread, existing gear/augmentations using image link is all you need for regular use.   And it doesn't cost much to buy 6 sensor rating on a drone; as you've said that's normally plenty enough of a limit and when it isn't, you have pre-edge.
« Last Edit: <03-06-19/2337:38> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #20 on: <03-08-19/2230:34> »
A limit of 14, though? I invite you to find anyone with 14 dice in perception, let alone anyone who could reliably achieve 14 hits on a perception test with teamwork and situational modifiers.

Special Forces Anti-Terrorism Taskforce Members. (AKA Corporate anti-runner hit teams.)

You are discounting the teamwork factor of any skill.... And nothing says that a group can't all co-operate to look for or find something. (a Perception test).
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.