• 47 Replies

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« on: <05-23-18/1436:33> »
What is this?
« Last Edit: <05-23-18/1438:10> by Xenon »

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #1 on: <05-23-18/1506:09> »
Seems to be the "exciting news" teased yesterday.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <05-23-18/1850:32> »
This is the first Shadowrun project CGL has put up on Kickstarter, correct?
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-23-18/1904:01> »
Yes.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-23-18/1929:35> »
Actually, no...they did The Duke back in 2012.

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <05-23-18/2037:15> »

...I said first Shadowrun project, not a CGL project in general.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

DarkSpade

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <05-24-18/1105:01> »
And yet, the big announcement on the front page is still Anarchy is available for preorder.  ???

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <05-24-18/1232:15> »
I hope they treat it will all the love and care and attention they have shown to Crossfire....

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <05-25-18/1556:45> »

...I said first Shadowrun project, not a CGL project in general.

Apologies...missed that.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <05-27-18/1358:35> »
Without breaking the NDA, I can tell you that this game already was real fun to play in playtesting, and they made several changes during and after that make it even better. As they mentioned at one point, when they switched from 'first place all, then execute all' to 'execute most actions immediately', that was a really wicked change.

As for the comparison to Crossfire, the game can easily stand without expansions with plenty of replayability. The Final Missions all are different, which also impacts what people will mostly fight for on their way there. The Extra Locations will also really help, since you can add 1 and replace some for a big difference in the way you play the game.

Of course I would like a bit more info about some things, but already it's looking great and I went straight for the Mr. Johnson pledge when I found out about both 5-6 players and Co-op. 8)

Now the Add-Ons are a bit out of my wallet's reach right now, since I got a big expense going on named Wedding+Honeymoon, but if you really love metal dice or metal nuyen coins, they sure sound awesome! I'm considering getting some extra normal dice instead, for use in normal games. (A nice addition to my Q-Workshop dice! ;D)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-27-18/1550:34> »
Those metal dice are quite interesting...hoping we see the actual layouts in near future.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #11 on: <05-27-18/1605:42> »
I'm curious what kind of Deluxe content they'll add as stretch goals once the $120k is reached. Until then it's simply new stuff for the game, period (so including all retail boxes).

They're talking right now about the coins, noting that unfortunately if they were to go for cheaper versions, it'd either damage quality or put the profit margin at risk. So understandably they're sticking to the normal MRSP.

Edit: Btw, they put the Kickstarter in the site's blog, but not on the banner.
« Last Edit: <05-27-18/1609:35> by Michael Chandra »

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #12 on: <05-27-18/1656:53> »
Would an extra set of dice be needed though? Looking at the initial picture there’s only two Face dice (with stretch there’s three).
With the original amount of dice can you play the game without constant rerolling?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #13 on: <05-27-18/1718:26> »
Oh I wouldn't want them for this, I'd want them for normal sessions. =P Adding a bunch of hit/glitch dice would be nice for Mini-Runs (Miniature-sessions).

Anyway, there's a limit to how much I can share without violating the NDA, but what I can (probably) tell is: In playtesting, yes sometimes we had too few dice, but that was before they tuned the game to wrap up faster (quicker Missions, just 4 Stages for a Final Mission*, less cards), and of course Veteran Dice helps (5+ dice become 2 less and a success). I'd consider it very rare now to get that high that you need to roll more than it gives you. So yeah, you don't need extra dice, but it's Shadowrun. It's not about needing. It's about wanting.

And yeah, there's only a few Face dice, but you only need that many, really. Faces are mostly just for giving benefits, not much significance in missions and very hard to come by compared to other dice. Their main benefit in Missions tends to be hoping to score a hit you can cancel an injury with.

* In the kickstarter, on the main page they show a 6-Stage Final Mission, while in the Rulebook you see a 4-Stage Final Mission. The 6-Stage is pre-nerf and the image will be updated in the future. You can imagine that 6 vs 4 Stages really makes a big difference.

DarkSpade

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <05-27-18/2145:54> »

Edit: Btw, they put the Kickstarter in the site's blog, but not on the banner.

That's good.  Don't want the announcement too easy to find right?

Would an extra set of dice be needed though? Looking at the initial picture there’s only two Face dice (with stretch there’s three).
With the original amount of dice can you play the game without constant rerolling?

I've never played a game with custom dice where I didn't wish I had a second set.   It's usually an auto buy for me even as I'm buying the game for the first time.   Even if one set will cover all your rolls, it's still handy to have a set on each side of the table.