• 96 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <01-31-18/1235:43> »
Pinged Jason earlier this week and he passed along some info:

Upcoming Releases
Dark Terrors - print release upcoming

SR5 Core Rulebook - reprint w/ errata (hardcover)

Toxic Alleys - stand alone adventure that has loose ties to the Denver adventures and Dark Terrors (to help bring some chaos to DeeCee)

Pipeline
Street Lethal (advanced combat book): more weapons, including some future tech, info on corp security and unconventional fighting forces, and new maneuvers for tactical combat

Kill Code (advanced Matrix book: all the stuff slated for the technomancer ebook--complex forms, streams, alternate TM builds, and more--as well as decker gear and qualities, a guide to running the Matrix, and other useful stuff for Matrix-based shadowrunning

Better than Bad ("hooding" book): focused on how to run with a conscience, and provide info on Pretoria in Azania

I also asked him re the potential for elf / dwarf books, but nothing approved or in process, at the moment.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #1 on: <01-31-18/1314:18> »
Wow, finally something for TMs has a title at least.  Here's hoping it actually gives most of the book to TMs and doesn't reveal that "all the stuff slated" ends up being "well they only got around to a few things scrawled on a napkin".  Any word on if it will include Paragons?

I'm excited for Street Lethal though, it sounds like it could have a lot of fun junk in it.  And Better Than Bad is probably gonna be the kind of thing that inspires me to want to start an entirely new campaign.
« Last Edit: <01-31-18/1316:55> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <01-31-18/1424:47> »
Indeed!

I'm also happy to see another print run of the core rulebook, especially given that it will have the errata Patrick and team have been working on for some time now. Jason also indicated that there will be variant covers that they'd be sharing with us at some point...always like to see new pictures. ;D

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <01-31-18/1433:28> »
 Thanks AJCarrington for this update! It's awesome to have some visibility on the coming books :)

And thanks for the info on the elf/dwarf book. I had understood, it was a "done deal", so it's good to know, it is only planned for now. But if it does happen and it is as good as the Complete Trog, it will be great!

(PS: If you happen to have any update on the Shadows of Morrocco  & 10 AI books that has been announced for a quite while, that'll be nice to have too :) ).

&#24525;

« Reply #4 on: <01-31-18/1755:01> »
I think those two are just dead in the water.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-31-18/1858:25> »
I’ve not heard anything about them (or other e-releases, for that matter), but will let you know if/when I do.

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #6 on: <02-01-18/1617:38> »
Any chance we'll see HV weapon rules or cyber zombies in street lethal?
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <02-01-18/1748:08> »
Shadows of Morocco is the next ebook scheduled to be out. That being said, no ETA.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-01-18/2002:00> »
Thanks for the update!

@Prime Mover - not sure, will see what I can find out

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <02-01-18/2052:45> »
Thanks AJCarrington for this update! It's awesome to have some visibility on the coming books :)

And thanks for the info on the elf/dwarf book. I had understood, it was a "done deal", so it's good to know, it is only planned for now. But if it does happen and it is as good as the Complete Trog, it will be great!

(PS: If you happen to have any update on the Shadows of Morrocco  & 10 AI books that has been announced for a quite while, that'll be nice to have too :) ).

10 AIs was finished a few years back, but was held off for timing reasons. Then we got a new edition, so the rules had to be redone. In holding again.HOPEfully, I'll be able to update it with KillCode as a shoulder-rubbing release. Lots of plotlines tied up in that lil' book. Mind you, I need to go update it again sometime, to take Things into account...

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #10 on: <02-01-18/2115:08> »
I feel like Charlie Brown kicking the football, waiting for the TM book. :)

« Last Edit: <02-01-18/2119:55> by TonyK »
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

&#24525;

« Reply #11 on: <02-02-18/0232:38> »
Spot on reference +1

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #12 on: <02-02-18/1301:45> »
Sadly, Charlie Brown is more likely to actually kick that ball than we are to get the rewrite TMs need. At this rate, it'll probably be a chapter that is 75% fluff and has two new echoes and a handful of complex forms that do nothing to address the painfully obvious major structural problems facing TMs since they decided to get nostalgic with the Matrix.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-02-18/1359:47> »
While I don't have any insider info on the changes/updates for TMs, it is quite likely that the people doing the writing behind the are aware of the issues and will be trying to address.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <02-02-18/1818:51> »
While I don't have any insider info on the changes/updates for TMs, it is quite likely that the people doing the writing behind the are aware of the issues and will be trying to address.
Nope. Sorry. They've been living in a cave. On Mars. With their eyes closed and their fingers in their ears.