NEWS

Sprawl ganger?

• 18 Replies

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« on: <02-28-14/1557:46> »
Has anyone heard any updates on the game? This was one of my groups most anticipated products.

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-28-14/1958:13> »
Very little recently...there were some articles in the Ravage USA magazine last summer, but not much since then.

Gardensnake

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-22-15/0146:14> »
Is this project dead? We've had no new info or updates in quite a while.

Thanks,

William

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #3 on: <07-22-15/0217:22> »
Last I heard it's stuck in the logistics of the miniature side of things.  It's...been a while, yeah, but that's still the most recent word I've got. 

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-22-15/0733:37> »
I spoke to Jason on this a while back...believe that there are two series of figures being developed...but not much more info at this time. I did recently see pre-orders pop up for a Sprawl Gangers rule book, so things might be rumbling a little behind the scenes. Will see if I can dig any news up (might be thing in works for GenCon).

Gardensnake

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-22-15/1215:54> »
Thanks for the replies Critias and AJCarrington. I look forward to any future updates either of you can give us.

William

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <06-06-16/1258:48> »
Is there any word on this game?  With Gen Con coming up hopefully we'll find out if it is still hoped for or just totally shelved.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <06-06-16/1319:57> »
No word that I'm aware of unfortunately. IIRC, I think that they've got a lot of the rules and such sorted...the challenge was around the miniatures. Hopefully we'll see some word soon. There are some promo minis being done for the Valiant card game...hoping that is a sign that they're sorting through some of the production issues.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #8 on: <06-06-16/1717:41> »
No word that I'm aware of unfortunately. IIRC, I think that they've got a lot of the rules and such sorted...the challenge was around the miniatures. Hopefully we'll see some word soon. There are some promo minis being done for the Valiant card game...hoping that is a sign that they're sorting through some of the production issues.
Yeah, we've had rules for -- literally -- years.  The hang-up was always the miniature side of things. 

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <06-06-16/1720:47> »
Those were some great molds they were showing off.  Wish someone could turn them into reality. 

Backed shadowrun online/chronicles at $120 to make sure I got their minis, but they haven't surfaced. 

Missed backing shadowrun Hong Kong for minis, and they actually happened... Look great too.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <06-06-16/2015:07> »
I hear ya. I'm actually cautiously optimistic re the SR Online minis...they're grin done by Prodos/Arkon who do nice work (though they've had other issues). The HK minis are really nice...their scale came as a real surprise to me, but they look great on display ;)

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <06-06-16/2222:39> »
Most of the issues at Prodos were with how a gaming company works with a major licensor. Once all sides understood what it would take to get product to market and not just fulfill a KS realistic timelines were created.

That said their new design and production processes are something that CGL should look at for Sprawl Gangers (and Battletech). They are offering greater design flexibility at lower production costs due to a new material they have developed.

The Family models in Space Crusade show off amazing design and production abilities and the adult models are very nice as well if you don't mind even more skin on your gaming table.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <06-07-16/0215:55> »
On the plus side, my Mercs: Recon stuff showed up while I was at work today, so, now I have a big ol' box full of Shadowrun-ish models.

But no tabletop game to use 'em for. D'oh!

wraith

• Chummer
  • just another ghost in the machine
« Reply #13 on: <08-09-17/0121:16> »
Bumping this to see if anyone has more info.  My usual sources all still have the rulebook up as a pre-order, but it's been radio silence since 2014 as far as I can find.

&#24525;

« Reply #14 on: <08-09-17/0211:05> »
I feel that the answer is self-evident.