NEWS

New GM Questions

• 2 Replies

Khelbiros

• Newb
« on: <09-22-18/0440:22> »
We're giving Shadowrun Anarchy a go and a ran a successful game last night. Everyone had fun (despite the rules being spread out all over the place in the book). However, we've got some questions:

a) Rigging - should there be full stats for Doberman drones?
If so, where is the stat block?
If not, how does this work exactly?
Are there stats for vehicles, including condition monitor tracks?
Does the rigger spend their turn commanding the drone, or does it act independently?

b) Conjuring - what is the difficulty of summoning a spirit?
Does the mage have to spend their turn controlling the spirit, or does the spirit act independently (essentially giving the mage up to 3 actions?)

c) Multiple Actions in combat - are these at the full dice pool? Does the target get their full defence?

d) How does moving work in combat? Can you move one zone and also get one action?

e) Technomagic - Can you use the Tasking ability for generic hacking as well? Same with the other summoning rules, does the technomancer have to spend their turn controlling their sprite, or does it act independently (giving the technomancer two actions?)

Thanks for your help!

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-22-18/2305:38> »
Here is how I understand it. It by no means has to play the same way at your table!

A) Drones in Anarchy are more of a weapon extension of the Rigger. They use the Rigger's stats except for their Armor and their weapon damage. It is like a machine gun that walks around independant of the Rigger. It has +1 movement and +1 attack as in the Rigger can go one direction and the drone can go in another and then shoot a dude.

Vehicles really only have Armor and Durability. Some people use durability as a CM, some don't. There is a third, unspoken stat that is expressed by the modifiers to hit the vehicle (pg. 48). I personally make it easier to hit some vehicles than other, faster vehicles.

B) Some GMs use Average 8 for summoning Average spirits. Some make it harder or easier depending on the environment. Like Hard 10 to summon a earth spirit on the docks, or Easy 6 to summon a fire spirit during a building fire, etc. I go 8 for an average spirit and 12 for a greater.

The spirit acts on its own during the mage's turn. Some have the GM control the spirit, some think that spirits as listed are overly powerful. I tend to drop their stats.

C) Dice pools do not generally go down for multiple attacks or multiple defence tests. You could apply a modifier for being distracted.

D) You get one movement during your Narration. The book is not clear if you get a Movement and an Action or if your Movement is your Action. In my experience, it works best if you give everyone one movement and one action. Double Time it gets you two movements.

E) Tasking is for threading complex forms and for compiling sprites. Hacking is still used to hack. Sprites get their own actions on the Narration of the TM.

Hope that helps.

Shameless Plug: www.surprisethreat.com for the house rules, rule interpretations, and advice that I use for my games.
Shadowrun: Anarchy Resources (GM Screens, Character Sheets, New NPCs, House Rules) at: www.surprisethreat.com

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-24-18/1848:33> »
B) Spirits are very powerful in Anarchy. I find that even a normal spirit is comparable to a Prime Runner, and Greater Spirits are even more potent. There are no in-game restrictions, like Drain in SR5, so there's no mechanic to stop a player from summoning over and over again until the dice work out, or summoning and resummoning spirits to use as cannon fodder.

Many tables house rule this with any number of approaches. Personally, I downgraded each level of spirit and made them relatively difficult to summon (8 lesser, 12 normal, 16 greater).

D) I've played it that everyone gets 1 Movement + 1 Attack Action and would strongly recommend the same. This works well for narrative gameplay - i.e. the action is much more fluid, and doesn't get bogged down with static attacks - and is practically a must for close combat characters who want to make charging attacks.