[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #330 on: <12-10-14/0344:27> »
Rolls for Katsina's IC:

Assensing the group, looking for the presence: 5 hits

Consequences of destroying the obelisk: 2 hits
Edge rerolling misses: 3 hits, now 5 hits total. Edge is now 2.

Malevolence, what are you specifically looking for when you assense Doc?

For future reference, I am going to apply the "specifically looking" bonus for Perception and Assensing when there's something you're specifically trying to see/notice/investigate. If you're just generally assensing/perceiving - which already implies a degree of effort, otherwise you get the Distracted penalty - then it will just be a straight Intuition+Assensing/Perception roll.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #331 on: <12-10-14/1148:57> »
An inorganic presence in his body. Aside from the cyber we already know about.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #332 on: <12-10-14/1207:01> »
No luck. Do you want to Edge?

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #333 on: <12-10-14/1258:20> »
No luck. Do you want to Edge?
I should. Ohanzee is pretty freaked out. I'll do in about 45 minutes when I have access to a proper computer.

ETA my crappy Edge reroll:
Edge Reroll for Assensing Doc: 6d6t5 1
So, 5 hits total. And I now have one Edge left.
« Last Edit: <12-10-14/1408:45> by Malevolence »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #334 on: <12-11-14/0054:57> »
Quiet day today. I presume people are waiting for Ohanzee to summarize the situation and lead the way forward.

Mal, Ohanzee now sees what Chino (and Katsina) saw on the astral.

For the record, I am just now seeing the Edge reroll. If you edit a post the forum doesn't alert me, so if you want to post something new it is often better to make a new post rather than edit a previous post.

8-bit

« Reply #335 on: <12-11-14/0143:22> »
Well, I've been in a conference all day, so that's why I've been somewhat radio silent.

I don't think Chino has much to respond to, at the moment, so I haven't posted anything yet tonight.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #336 on: <12-11-14/0200:58> »
Sorry, been dealing with getting various vehicles to various repair shops and insurance (car for maintenance, and somone knocked over my motorcycle Monday night so that's been a PITA).  And trying to get work done as well.  That said, I'm kind of waiting for Mal and PD to respond.  All Doc would like to do research/repair/heal.
« Last Edit: <12-11-14/0225:10> by Zweiblumen »
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #337 on: <12-11-14/0205:54> »
I'll get a quick IC posted, nothing fancy. I'll only be able to post at night again tomorrow, so if stuff picks up and you need to move it along a bit without me, then Chino would likely try to work with Doc to look for suitable vehicles to carjack.

Also, I assume the pot of coffee is gone; how many beers are left in this place? I know it was kind of a bachelor's heaven, but we have got to be running low.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #338 on: <12-11-14/0328:30> »
IC up and old IC edited to reflect that Ohanzee finally sees the problem.

I'm not familiar (as a player, though I assume that Ohanzee is) with politics, etc, around the Denver area. So I don't know what options are good for getting out of Dodge.

Also, we discussed disguising Ace as a corper so that he could move freely around town without arousing suspicion, but we never really indicated what he would do while moving around town. All I can think of is supplies, though I might need to edit the IC to have Ace and Katsina take Chino instead so that they can scope out a car to steal. Let me know what makes the most sense, maybe in IC if it makes more sense that way.

I never got an IC vote from Sam, but it seems safe that he's voting "boom", so hopefully he's okay with waiting until evening for a second vote before doing that. That was also a good reason to send hi away from the artifact with Ace and Kat, just to reduce the temptation to jump the gun.

Lastly, though I haven't mentioned it in IC yet, since seeing the infection, and it's lower concentration in Ace and Kat, Ohanzee is strongly suspecting that the infection predates the acquisition of the artifact and might have even been part of the impetus for taking it. Would it be possible to do a memory test to try to remember APB's aura to see if she was affected by it and how much? Would assensing her corpse provide any such information?

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #339 on: <12-11-14/1039:09> »
When it's time to roll out, I vote we steal that sweet RV next door and use that. Will definite fit all of us and the artifact if we don't blow it up. A little conspicuous but who'd think to look for a bunch of shadow runners in an RV?

I'll get some matrix search/ repair/ medicine rolls up shortly.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #340 on: <12-11-14/1108:28> »
When it's time to roll out, I vote we steal that sweet RV next door and use that. Will definite fit all of us and the artifact if we don't blow it up. A little conspicuous but who'd think to look for a bunch of shadow runners in an RV?

I'll get some matrix search/ repair/ medicine rolls up shortly.

Ace will be recommending just that thing.  What to do with the old blue hairs though???
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #341 on: <12-11-14/1309:44> »
@8-bit
The house is reasonably well-stocked with provisions. Presumably the owner keeps the freezer and pantry full in case the house gets snowed-in by a storm. There are plenty of frozen foods and dry goods, although the refrigerator itself is relatively empty. (Ohanzee used the eggs for brunch. The rest of the fridge is pretty barren except for non-perishables like condiments and jam, probably because the owner knew he was going to be gone for two weeks.)

There is plenty of beer. It's kind of watery by ork and troll standards, but anyone who's been infected will find the beer especially appealing. There's also wine that the group hasn't gotten into yet.

The pot of coffee is gone but there's lots more to make a second pot. It's delicious and incredibly expensive. Evidently it's good to be rich.

@Malevolence
The idea was that Ace and Katsina (and entourage) could go into town to continue the investigation (Ace's mission, Gloria Winters, etc.) and to get anything the team needs. Going into town is by no means necessary if the group decides to go a different direction. Complications include a lack of transportation into town and the fact that you'll need to broadcast SINs. Walking is possible (about a mile) but hardly befitting a corper. Of course, you don't have to pose as corper.

As for APB's aura, the presence is so subtle that it is supremely difficult to see it in people sitting directly in front of you. Trying to remember if APB's aura was infected won't be possible. Assensing her corpse might work, provided the presence was not destroyed by: 1) APB's death, 2) APB's immolation, or 3) being outside for ten hours in sub-zero temperatures.

Catching up on the new IC posts now.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #342 on: <12-11-14/1412:40> »
With the 5-10 min Doc would have spent in the kitchen, I'm assuming unless the drek really hits the oscilating air mover I'll get a total of 30 min to spend on Ohanzee.
Medical Roll for Ohanzee Logic(9) + Medicine(6) - Wounds(1) = 14: 14d6t5 5 (limit 10)

That gives you 5 more dice to use to heal unless you over exert yourself.  That'll give you 11 dice, you should be able to fully heal today.

I'll hold off on repairing my deck and looking to myself until after we've decided who's going where for the day.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #343 on: <12-11-14/1939:15> »
Okay Mal, now you've gotten me confused.  I've a pretty aggressive IC post written that I'm gonna hold of on commiting to until we've worked things out here.

Timeline regarding Doc's conversation:
1) Ohanzee asks for input
2) Doc puts out a suggestion
3) Folks agree to that
4) Ohanzee directs Doc to go out and look for cars
5) Doc says that's kinda counter-productive for him (in a dickish way)
6) Ohanzee says Doc is being an ass for suggesting that he not go look for cars
7) Ohanzee says cars aren't a priorty, and lists getting info second only to staying alive.

Do I have that right?  I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes fall into the RIH crowd, but I went over the posts several times.  If that's the way things went, Doc will still go along, but BOY is he going to be pissed.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #344 on: <12-11-14/1940:53> »
im a little confused as to whats going down with that whole bit as well.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english