NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #75 on: <11-21-14/1246:29> »
I suppose I should put this out here as well.

I'll be traveling for Thanksgiving, so from Tuesday to next Saturday, I'll have limited internet access. I'm sure I can find a way to post occasionally, but I probably won't be as active as I normally am.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #76 on: <11-21-14/1304:32> »
I'm traveling for the holiday week as well.  I'll keep an eye on email Sunday through Saturday, but will be limited.  That said, I'm an email addict so I'll still be fairly present.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #77 on: <11-21-14/1311:27> »
Given how much corps slaves work -- 10-12 hour days 6 days a week -- I'm not convinced that these houses will be occupied at any time on Friday.  That said, I'd like for Ace to make a knowledge check to see if there any corporate holidays at the weekend in question that may tip him off to an influx of eager skiiers. 

Knowledge Check (business + Megacorp): 9d6t5 3

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <11-21-14/1707:04> »
@Zweiblumen
- You hack into the van and get 3 marks, no problem.
- What action are you using for the delayed order? Judging from the dice pool you went with "Jump into Rigged Device", but Crumpled doesn't have a control rig. 
- Given Doc's non-existent driving skills, using Control Device to pilot the Rover back to the cliff will be problematic at best, especially on wintry roads.
- You can program the Rover to follow GridGuide back to the cliff, but "if you try to do anything GridGuide doesn’t think is wise or safe, the system is going to drag you down."
- One possibility is to let the Rover's Pilot + GridGuide get you back to the cliff and then use a Control Device action to override GridGuide and make the leap.
- Complications include the facts that: wireless will have to stay on, the distance between you and the Rover will create Noise, GridGuide may record the last known location of the Rover.

I'm open to other interpretations/approaches on this.

Search for sensors/cameras:
- You find hidden cameras and sensors within 100 meters on the road to your right (Lupine Drive). Further investigation suggests that this road leads to a corporate-owned development - "Mountain Valley", paradoxically - and is protected accordingly with passive (and possibly active) security measures. These sensors seem designed to track traffic down that road. As you have not yet turned, you are likely outside of their concern.
- Neither you nor the Agent find any hidden cameras or sensors on the road to the left (Stillwater Drive).
- You find traffic and weather cameras/sensors (not hidden) owned by the city about 500 meters ahead of your current position. You are well outside of their range.

I'm going to to let you post this information ICly however you see fit. (Since karma awards are based on RP and participation, I'm often going to pass along information this way so that players can make it their own via their IC posts, e.g. with personas and marks and the like.)

@rednblack
- Today, Friday, February 1st, is National Freedom Day in the UCAS. It originally observed the signing of the 13th Amendment of US (pre-UCAS) Constitution. It is sometimes observed in the UCAS but not by the corporations nor the Pueblo Corporate Council.
- Tomorrow, Saturday, February 2nd, is Groundhog's Day. This is not a corporate holiday; no additional weekend traffic is expected to accompany it.
- That said, there's no reason to be rich if you don't get to enjoy it sometimes. It's entirely possible that some of the corporate higher-ups - the types that would own houses like these - will be working remotely on a Friday or Saturday, or entertaining clients at their homes, or taking a vacation day. This is high-season for Aspen, and if these houses are ever going to be occupied it is going to be now.

@Poindexter
- Let me know what you have planned for the Rover. You have lots of toys.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #79 on: <11-21-14/1727:55> »
@Poindexter
- Let me know what you have planned for the Rover. You have lots of toys.

These are complicated toys, here. I'm on it though.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #80 on: <11-21-14/1733:00> »
@Tecumseh, exactly the info I was after. Thanks. As far as Ace would guess, they've got probably until 10-11 am before the first planes come in and this place comes to life it sounds like.

ETA: Ace's Percpetion Check on the team's six.

Perception Check: 7d6t5 1

Well, if a tank rolls up on them, he'll see it coming.  Maybe.
« Last Edit: <11-21-14/1839:56> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <11-21-14/1922:27> »
Ace sees snow. Lots of snow. Thermographically, the snow is cold. There's some trees out there too, he's pretty sure.

You can have 3 extra dice for the "actively looking" bonus.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #82 on: <11-21-14/1936:28> »
Ace sees snow. Lots of snow. Thermographically, the snow is cold. There's some trees out there too, he's pretty sure.

You can have 3 extra dice for the "actively looking" bonus.

Yes, I do.  That's better.

Perception Check makeup: 3d6t5 2
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <11-21-14/1955:03> »
Ok, before i can decide how much explosive to use, i need to know how much dmg this rover can take.
What sorta roll is that?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #84 on: <11-21-14/2000:00> »
Ok, before i can decide how much explosive to use, i need to know how much dmg this rover can take.
What sorta roll is that?

Edit: Scratch that, found it.

Quote from: Run & Gun; page 186
For a car bomb to be effective, it needs to be able to destroy the body of the vehicle in which it is hidden (typically the trunk, on/near the engine block, or planted on the undercarriage) and still have enough power to cause damage to the surrounding area. Review the Vehicle Damage Threshold table for the type of vehicle being used. The Damage Value given is the average DV necessary to destroy a standard vehicle using an explosive device.

The Vehicle Damage Threshold is located on page 179 of Run & Gun. I believe a Rover counts as a Van.

Not sure if the Demolitions skill is necessary to arrive at the amount, or simply to make the charges and stuff. I can't seem to find a test necessary to find out the above information. I hope I didn't do something bad ...

As a side note, it is possible to reduce the armor of the chassis, and Chino probably could do it if you asked him in IC.
« Last Edit: <11-21-14/2008:00> by 8-bit »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <11-21-14/2009:30> »
The more I think about it, the more I realize we dont really have to destroy the rover. We just have to burn all the evidence out of it. They're GONNA find this rover no matter how tiny the bits we blow it into are, I just wanna make sure their CSI boys dont have any fun bits of blood, hair, and whatnot to play with when they do, right?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <11-21-14/2022:02> »
Yes, generally speaking, this is true. Sam has enough experience with demolitions (rating 4) that he should be able to improvise something if he finds the right components. One option might be gas and something aerosolize/vaporize it before combustion, but first you would need the spare fuel.

A fire spirit would be another approach, but Ohanzee's the wrong tradition for it. I suppose you could do the "Spirit of Man with Innate Spell: Fireball" trick again.

8-bit

« Reply #87 on: <11-21-14/2057:01> »
Well, Chino is all sorts of screwed up. This should be fun  :)

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #88 on: <11-22-14/0052:45> »
WOAH!  Nice post 8-bit!  (Really, Hack? I like Doc better ;) )

Sorry for the delays today, got busy at work.  Posting the start of the results IC now.  As for my plans with the car, I really thought I could tell the dog-brain to take the road and then drive off the cliff.  I know GG wouldn't let me, but thought the dog-brain would.  If I'm wrong, gotta find some way to invite marks for Chino.  I never got a response about wether we saved that commlink or not.  If so, that'll have the marks on it I need.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #89 on: <11-22-14/0146:50> »
WOAH!  Nice post 8-bit!  (Really, Hack? I like Doc better ;) )

Without getting into to much detail; lets just say that the simchip was an ... unsettling experience. Like I said; fun!