NEWS

GenCon 2012 Releases

• 67 Replies

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-02-12/1407:11> »
If I had to guess, no pictures can be taken now as everything is waiting to get shipped to/picked up for the convention. Once the booth is assembled, however, I'll see about getting some pics.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <08-02-12/1842:45> »
One of the things I regret about not being able to attend GenCon ... getting my hands on new books.

Snaryl

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <08-02-12/2111:02> »
Will CGL have similar goodies at PAX Prime? I know you're planning to do a Q&A Session with Harebrained Schemes, but I'd love to be able to get some swag!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-03-12/0749:53> »
Thanks Peter - much appreciated!!

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <08-03-12/1048:44> »
Will CGL have similar goodies at PAX Prime?

Given that it's CGL's first time at PAX Prime I can't say for sure. But I'm told the plan is to bring swag that doesn't get sold/distributed at GenCon to PAX Prime.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #20 on: <08-04-12/1608:13> »
Will CGL have similar goodies at PAX Prime?

Given that it's CGL's first time at PAX Prime I can't say for sure. But I'm told the plan is to bring swag that doesn't get sold/distributed at GenCon to PAX Prime.
Any goodies coming to Dragon*Con?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <08-04-12/1811:12> »
Bull was kind enough to post some further info in a similar thread over on RPG.net:

I got the go ahead to post titles, and can give a little info on one product:

Besides Clutch of Dragons, Sprawl Sites: North America, Shadowrun 2050, and the Weapons Cards: Guns, we also have:

Runners Black Book 2074
Gear Cards: Drones and Vehicles
Elven Blood

The first two you're free to speculate on, but I can't give more details.

The last though... Elven Blood is a compilation of 5 Convention Mission adventures that can be run as a mini-campaign. They start off in Seattle where the runners get mixed up in a power struggle with the Ancients, and then moves down to Portland in the Tir. Here's the Back Cover Copy for the set:

BLOOD WILL OUT

Shadowrunners have a lot of rules, and each and every one of them can be overruled by the proper amount of nuyen. So when shadowrunners talk about “never trusting an elf,” that’s more of a bargaining position than anything else.

Luckily for them, some elves have plenty of scratch they can use as a persuasive tool. And for the tasks they have in front of them, they’re going to need it. There’s money waiting for runners if they’re willing to venture into elven territory and take on a host of odd jobs. Jobs like: Tracking down reagents from cranky critters. Messing around in the affairs of Tír royalty. Dealing with a number of different punks and thugs, none of whom like you. And intervening in a leadership challenge of the most powerful elven street gang there is.

Elven Blood is a compilation of five different Missions that have been written to premiere at summer conventions. They can, however, be played by anyone. Whether you’re playing at a con, in a game store, or in the comfort of your own home, Elven Blood has an adventure for you. Taking you from the mean streets of Seattle to the wild lands of Tír Tairngire, Elven Blood offers exciting and inventive adventures for all Shadowrun fans.
Elven Blood is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.
For now Elven Blood will be a limited print run at the convention, testing the waters to see how these do as a print product. We will have the adventures available in PDF though once convention season is over (since we're actively running these adventures at the cons).

Bull

Now to compile the list for my shopping ninja 8)

AJC

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <08-04-12/1850:04> »
Ancient Pawns (The Seattle component of Elven Blood) is very popular at the cons. Critias outdid himself on that one. He wrote all of Elven Blood, and if you thought AP was fun, wait until you get to run in Critias' Tír.

YOU NEED TO GET ELVEN BLOOD.

You will get to spend at least twenty hours just having tons of fun at the table.
« Last Edit: <08-04-12/1915:05> by James Meiers »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #23 on: <08-04-12/1927:54> »
*happy dances*

It's released, it's released, it's releeeeeeeased...

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #24 on: <08-04-12/1942:01> »
I'm bringing a pin to Gen Con to pop your ego if it swells any.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <08-04-12/2144:08> »
Elven Blood is definitely on the list; also very pleased to see that it will be available in PDF.

AJC

Wolfman

• Newb
  • I'm in your commlink, stealing your paydata
« Reply #26 on: <08-05-12/0140:23> »
hey Bull... any chance we can get our hands on some of those nifty "Custom Dices" ?
I'm from Québec city and unable to go to the 'Con...
I'm willing to pay for those... 'Would be helluva great engagement gift for my fiance... and I :P

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <08-05-12/0342:45> »
Last year, they had the Hong Kong Cavalier's pins(the Hong Kong Urban Brawl team, and a nice Buckaroo Banzai homage).
I am wondering if there are going to be anythings like that this year?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #28 on: <08-05-12/0708:34> »
Wolfman:  That's not really my department.  I know that in years past, sometimes they put extra dice stock on the battleshop, but frequently these sell out.

If you can find someone going to the con, maybe you can make a deal to have them pick some up and send them to you.  (I'd offer, but I have a bazillion things going on as it is.  I'll be lucky if I remember everthing I need to do for myself, let alone other folks, sorry).

Also, just to tease, here's the cover to Elven Blood:

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <08-05-12/0959:27> »
Oooooooooooooo!!!!

Very nice! Who is the artist?