NEWS

Run & Gun preview issues

• 60 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #15 on: <02-22-14/2101:13> »
Doesn't match with the description of the Social Limit modifiers, where visibility matters and the status helps impress others.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #16 on: <02-23-14/1126:31> »
After reading it several times I think the stacking bonus several times the only thing I can see is that second skin is a Zoe line allowing it to stack with other Zoe products. could be absolutely wrong on that.

Or the same maker comment in the Custom Fit (Stack) description made it past editors and was a leftover from an earlier playtest document or something of that nature.

All three scenarios seem plausible to me: Catalyst didn't make it clear that second skin is part of the Zoe line, they didn't catch that second skin would not benefit from Custom Fit (stack) or they left in text from a previous edit.

In any case I think it should be like any part of the game make a ruling and go with it. If you take out that entire line in the parentheses the description makes much more since to me given the other listings in the preview. and that is what I would do for the house rules of my game. when you have a custom fit (stack) piece of armor you go to your tailor or armorer and have him custom fit the piece to fit over or under that specific piece of gear. when you do that you gain the stacking bonus for that piece of gear.

For mission games I hope that when the book is released it is fixed or we get a faster response for an errata for this.

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <02-23-14/1322:47> »
I like that you can't just custom-combine everything, it helps fight munchkining. "I'm using my Argentum Coat with my Hunter Clothes." Yeahno.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <02-23-14/1411:03> »
Page XX! is back!  White Wolf fans rejoice!

I'm assuming there's no difference between Newest Model and Newest Model 1.

Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #19 on: <02-23-14/1412:13> »
I like that you can't just custom-combine everything, it helps fight munchkining. "I'm using my Argentum Coat with my Hunter Clothes." Yeahno.
True, I can see that. Do we know for certain that the stack bonus does not use the strength limit like helmets and shields?

Just curious,
Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #20 on: <02-23-14/1413:16> »
Nope, that's just me finding it logical given the text. When the book gets out and we know the exact phrasing we can ask for official clarification I guess.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <02-23-14/1611:14> »
I figure that with Second Skin they just haven't decided what to stack it with yet.  As far as the social limit thing goes you still wear the appearance of clothes on the astral plane if you want to so it could be argued they are still visible so the bonus could still apply.   8)

Anyone else bothered about the possibility of glow in the dark armor?  It just seems to me to be a really bad idea. 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #22 on: <02-23-14/1831:54> »
What do you mean, haven't decided yet? It's Zoë, and that means that following the definition of stacking, it can be custom-fit to combine with another outfit of Zoë.

Lickintoad

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <02-23-14/2128:57> »
That needs to be made more clear.  As it stands currently, each of Zoe's lines is its own manufacturer.  The tables have the name of the line on them instead of the name of the manufacturer.  However, all of the Ares Victory stuff is properly formatted.

When I read it, the little blurb on Zoe actually told read like Zoe no longer existed, and it had been subsumed into Armante.  Thus, I figured that paragraph basically said, "Zoe's not around anymore.  So if you're looking for their stuff, you'll be disappointed."

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <02-23-14/2235:32> »
Cross-posting here just in case.

Is Social Limit intended to potentially affect Astral limit? It seems odd that wearing the right clothing makes you better at magic.

Proposed change would be to modify this line from the Social Limit description:
"Some pieces of armor raise the Social Limit of the wearer."
to
"Some pieces of armor raise the Social Limit of the wearer for the purpose of Social tests only."

I would think that Astral Limit and Social Limit are different values. They might use the same things to calculate, but
they are not the same thing, hence why they have different names.

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <02-23-14/2302:15> »
I would think that Astral Limit and Social Limit are different values. They might use the same things to calculate, but

Per RAW, Astral Limit is the higher of Mental or Social Limit with no exclusions or restrictions (so any bonus to Social Limit likely effectively gives a bonus to Astral Limit).

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <02-23-14/2307:30> »

Per RAW, Astral Limit is the higher of Mental or Social Limit with no exclusions or restrictions (so any bonus to Social Limit likely effectively gives a bonus to Astral Limit).

Of course, the bonus only applies if you can see the clothes, so...can you see someone's clothes in the Astral?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #27 on: <02-24-14/0045:15> »
Of course, the bonus only applies if you can see the clothes, so...can you see someone's clothes in the Astral?

First, there's no reason to assume the bonus only applies if you can see the clothes.  Second, you cannot see someone's clothes in the Astral Plane the way we see them here.  You see the person's aura, and it extends past their clothing.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <02-24-14/0136:39> »
I just read that You need this ....Armand guy as a connection to get lightly used suits !? as a kind of prerequisite !?
So if my Char is based in the ADL or doesn't no this gay he can never get any used suits ??

with a mildly disturbed Dance
Medicineman
« Last Edit: <02-24-14/0138:14> by Medicineman »
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <02-24-14/0216:28> »
I just read that You need this ....Armand guy as a connection to get lightly used suits !? as a kind of prerequisite !?
So if my Char is based in the ADL or doesn't no this gay he can never get any used suits ??

with a mildly disturbed Dance
Medicineman

It probably wouldn't be too much to ask your local fixer to get in contact with this guy (if his reputation does in fact proceed him).

I am both amused yet slightly confused at the thought of an Used Armored Clothing store for runners, if Lightly Worn is supposed to be in the same vein as Used Cyberware. Personally I see no problem springing for a brand new set of threads, but ok.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"