NEWS

Run & Gun preview issues

• 60 Replies

Twilight

• Newb
« on: <02-21-14/2020:17> »
This seemed like the best forum for this but, if not, feel free to move it...

I realize this is just a preview but I thought I'd note the issues I see with it so someone can note them to be resolved before final release...
  • Zoe is listed as a manufacturer but has no armor/clothing listed that you can buy.
  • Second Skin has Custom Fit (Stack) but there doesn't appear to be any other clothing/armor available from the same manufacturer (so, per the Stack rules, you can't actually stack it).
  • If Second Skin breaks the general Stack rule and can be used with other lines of clothing/armor then Form-Fitting Body Armor definitely should as well - it has always been designed to wear under other clothing/armor but is listed as "Custom Fit" (not Stack)

That's all I've noticed so far...

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-21-14/2055:00> »
They've changed form-fitting on purpose so that it isn't the end all be-all of armor like it used to be. But I'm sure people will pick up Second Skin instead, if their strength attribute allows for it.

A few other errors I noticed:

Under the description for Concealability, it says "no matter what the dice pool says you can hide an assault cannon in assless chaps." This should be changed to "no matter what the dice pool says, you can't hide an assault cannon in assless chaps."

Also, the Ace of Diamonds is listed as having +2 Concealability. I assume this is meant to be -2, since I don't see how making all your gear more noticeable is a feature.

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-21-14/2320:38> »
One thing I noticed that may be a mistake, is the detail descriptions.

Concealability, towards the end says "Keep a little bit of realism in
mind—no matter what the dice pool says you can hide an assault
cannon inside assless chaps."

I would imagine that you "can't" hide an assault cannon inside those assless chaps.
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-21-14/2328:51> »
One thing I noticed that may be a mistake, is the detail descriptions.

Concealability, towards the end says "Keep a little bit of realism in
mind—no matter what the dice pool says you can hide an assault
cannon inside assless chaps."

I would imagine that you "can't" hide an assault cannon inside those assless chaps.

Sure ya can. Just keester that thing. :P
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-21-14/2331:36> »
Sure ya can. Just keester that thing. :P

:o
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <02-21-14/2341:49> »
"What's wrong with Mungo."  "He lost a bet."  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <02-22-14/0150:28> »
So far this is a highly amusing read... Along with a great way of layering armor bonuses without it getting stupid.

Funniest thing so far is Kane taking about Slamm-O mom's boobies :)

Quick edit: wanted to add that the light intro fiction is brilliant, showcasing different armor mods and there tactical effects... Also funny as hell:)
« Last Edit: <02-22-14/0157:51> by Frankie the Fomori »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-22-14/0200:58> »
Along with a great way of layering armor bonuses without it getting stupid.

It wasn't 'stupid' before unless you count that one had to find every possible thing that could layer in order to actually have decent armor because everything short of security or military grade armor was nigh-worthless in protection without doing so.
« Last Edit: <02-22-14/0204:25> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <02-22-14/0254:36> »
Taking my commit and going to the correct topic now... Sorry issue team :(

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <02-22-14/0457:14> »
They've changed form-fitting on purpose so that it isn't the end all be-all of armor like it used to be. But I'm sure people will pick up Second Skin instead, if their strength attribute allows for it.
See, that's what I'm confused about. Is Second Skin supposed to stack with anything you want, or is the rest of the line simply missing? And furthermore, does Stacking Armor count as Armor Accessory, because in that case it's pretty much useless to most people, or does it simply raise the Armor value? Since it's not listed as Armor Accessory, I do not think it counts for the Strength-limitation.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

iForkyou

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <02-22-14/0815:23> »
    • Zoe is listed as a manufacturer but has no armor/clothing listed that you can buy.

That is wrong. Both the executive and the heritage Line are designed and manufactured by Zoé and there are stats listed for both. It is a small problem though, that there is not a good header indicating that they both belonging to the Zoé label.
    Edit: The moonsilver line and the second skin line is from Zoé aswell. Stats are listed, but again it is hard to know that it is made by Zoé if you don't know the old arsenals.[/list]
    « Last Edit: <02-22-14/0818:12> by iForkyou »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
    • Prime Runner
    • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
    « Reply #11 on: <02-22-14/1112:22> »
    See, that's what I'm confused about. Is Second Skin supposed to stack with anything you want, or is the rest of the line simply missing?  And furthermore, does Stacking Armor count as Armor Accessory, because in that case it's pretty much useless to most people, or does it simply raise the Armor value? Since it's not listed as Armor Accessory, I do not think it counts for the Strength-limitation.

I'm curious about this as well.  If it's Stacked, then you use the second number.  But to Stack it requires that the armor be part of the same line.  Since there's nothing else listed, it's really confusing.  It'll be interesting to see if the tables change before release.  IMO, they need to be broken out into manufacturer and (if necessary) by line of armor that stacks.  Or the armor needs to have more clear-cut definitions of what it stacks with.  Perhaps there's a section further along in the book that takes out all the fluff and just gets into the rules.
    Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
    • Prime Runner
    • Question-slicing ninja
    « Reply #12 on: <02-22-14/1124:05> »
    Not the same line, the same maker. I assume that in the full book it will be more clear on first sight what all is Zoë.
    How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

martinchaen

« Reply #13 on: <02-22-14/1942:26> »
    Cross-posting here just in case.

Is Social Limit intended to potentially affect Astral limit? It seems odd that wearing the right clothing makes you better at magic.

Proposed change would be to modify this line from the Social Limit description:
    "Some pieces of armor raise the Social Limit of the wearer."
    to
    "Some pieces of armor raise the Social Limit of the wearer for the purpose of Social tests only."

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
    • Prime Runner
    • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
    « Reply #14 on: <02-22-14/2021:21> »
    Maybe the bonus to Social limit comes from the confidence of wearing a snazzy outfit.  That could affect your abilities in the Astral.
    Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.