NEWS

Fleshing Out More of the Sixth World

• 65 Replies

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #15 on: <12-17-10/1222:13> »
I liked what 3ed did with the "Target" series of sourcebooks and Shadows of North America covered a some also, but what about the CAS, I mean other than maybe Atlanta, New Orleans and i thing either Austin or Houston, you dont hear didly squat about the south.
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #16 on: <12-18-10/0052:26> »
We don't hear diddly about much else other than Seattle, and now Hong Kong (Runner's Havens et al).

But I agree with Chaemera, no one is forcing you to run in Seattle, etc. To make things easier, my last SR game was set in my hometown of Toledo, Ohio. I figured that the players would find it easier to aclimate to the game if they had some familiarity with their surroundings. It was a blast turning the Glass City into another sprawl complete with a corporate presence, unique gangs, sports teams, local government, military presence (yes there is a local military presence here), and other characters of interest. Not to mention mapping out itsown unique Sixth World "history". I still get giggles that I turned the most affluent and in my opinion "snobby" neighborhood in town into a blasted-out, free-fire zone.

Now that I'm getting into SR4, Im taking my old notes and updating for future use.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Head Hunter

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <12-18-10/0423:38> »
Has anyone heard of running in Alaska? *blink* Made me curious..

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #18 on: <12-18-10/0431:46> »
It's "Athabaskan Council" turf now.

Head Hunter

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <12-18-10/0439:32> »
It's "Athabaskan Council" turf now.

Ah.. *Noted* Thanks for the information. (:

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #20 on: <12-18-10/1612:20> »
yeah if its in anything its most recent would be in Shadows of North America, but you'll more than likely be limited to whatever is in the NAN book
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Bradd

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <01-02-11/2226:41> »
There's been a lot of shakeup on the West Coast since the CalFree sourcebook. An update would be nice.

zhivik

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <01-06-11/0450:54> »
Another thing you may consider is a book on secret organisations (or rather such with hidden agenda), as they seem to have an important role in the Sixth World. Prime candidates for more details would be the Draco Foundation, the Atlantean Foundation, the Apep Consortium. Besides, you may not stop here, as the Vatican seems to be an interesting outfit to know more about, as well as many others, I guess. There are already excellent books on organised crime (Vice), corporations (Corporate Guide) and the drug underworld (Ghost Cartels), and it looks like Spy Games will address at least some of the intelligence outfits out there. Thus, I think that adding a secret organisations book will only contribute to fleshing out the world even more. Besides, who wouldn't like a good global conspiracy?  :)

Other than that, I've really loved the Shadows of series from third edition, so an update will be very much appreciated. What I miss the most is the everyday juicy bits that shadowrunners used to exchange about life in a certain country/city. Actually, the humour in it was the best part, I hope it's kept there.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #23 on: <01-06-11/0844:35> »
There's been a lot of shakeup on the West Coast since the CalFree sourcebook. An update would be nice.
There's a lot of info on LA in Corporate Enclaves detailing the changes that happened in the City of Angels.

Warlordtheft

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <01-06-11/1234:37> »
Another thing you may consider is a book on secret organisations (or rather such with hidden agenda), as they seem to have an important role in the Sixth World. Prime candidates for more details would be the Draco Foundation, the Atlantean Foundation, the Apep Consortium. Besides, you may not stop here, as the Vatican seems to be an interesting outfit to know more about, as well as many others, I guess. There are already excellent books on organised crime (Vice), corporations (Corporate Guide) and the drug underworld (Ghost Cartels), and it looks like Spy Games will address at least some of the intelligence outfits out there. Thus, I think that adding a secret organisations book will only contribute to fleshing out the world even more. Besides, who wouldn't like a good global conspiracy?  :)

Other than that, I've really loved the Shadows of series from third edition, so an update will be very much appreciated. What I miss the most is the everyday juicy bits that shadowrunners used to exchange about life in a certain country/city. Actually, the humour in it was the best part, I hope it's kept there.

Some of that was the Loose Alliances book (one of my favorites of all time, cause it covered mid-tier groups like Apep and the Atlantean Foundation iirc-AFB). The threats books are also a good read for secret societies/agendas. I think Catalyst has them for sale as PDFs. Updated information would be nice though.  ;)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <01-06-11/2306:23> »
I would like to see details on the changes in Tir Tairngire, what with the old Council of Princes being thrown out.  Since several of those Princes were IEs . . .

my original SR character was from Athabaskan Council - it's been nearly 20 years, and I'm still 'discovering' parts of his background.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #26 on: <01-06-11/2319:57> »
I would like to see details on the changes in Tir Tairngire, what with the old Council of Princes being thrown out.  Since several of those Princes were IEs . . .
Lemme wrap up a proposal or two.  I'd love to tackle this, been kicking ideas around for quite a while, I've just gotta find the time and a way to fit it into the production schedule.   ;D

Starglyte

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <01-22-11/2304:37> »
I would love to see a book detailing the Portland sprawl in Tir Tairngire. I was bummed out when I heard that the Awakened Haunts was shelved.  Miami would be a great sprawl to do if a new book on piracy comes out.

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <01-23-11/0008:58> »
Lemme wrap up a proposal or two.  I'd love to tackle this, been kicking ideas around for quite a while, I've just gotta find the time and a way to fit it into the production schedule.   ;D

O.o

Yay!!!  Let me know how this pans out.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <01-25-11/1234:33> »
There are three of us who independently developed the same general idea involving the Tir. While Critias is putting together his idea though, I am writing a book proposal which could possibly involve Portland. Though I doubt it would focus as much on magic as Awakened Haunts probably would/could have since it's a slightly different focus.