Shadowrun Play > Homebrew PACKs

New SR5 PACKS

<< < (4/6) > >>

Senko:
I'll try, what I meant is that if you termed this a bolt hole (a place to run too, sleep off your wounds and re-equip) it would work under the bolt hole rules i.e. only pay when in use. On the other hand if you define it as a place to store your stuff mechanically its pretty much identical (same qualities e.g. not a home, same gear, same function) however since its defined as a place to store stuff you have to pay ongoing costs. Either way how you make it remains identical but depending on the term used to idenify it you either apply the don't pay except when using bolt hole rule or you don't.

The Wyrm Ouroboros:
Because it comes with a contact as well as gear that's already set up for you, and because it is not a place that is going to be used by someone else in need of a place to hide out and gear to grab, it is not an official 'Safehouse' - as I've said before.  That the place and the gear is to remain available at a moment's notice, the contact intended to be unknown to anyone else you know (and who perhaps knows you only by the ID included in the PACK), the lifestyle represented thereby requires ongoing maintenance at 500¥/month - hence the very specific purchase of 3 months Squatter lifestyle prepaid, representing a small U-Stor-It compartment, or alternately the contact's back room, basement, garage, or whatever.

I honestly never figured this thing could generate so much controversy.

Herr Brackhaus:
It's the internet, Wyrm. Did you really expect any different? :)

Senko:
Sorry bolthole not safehouse they're two different things. A safe house as you said is somewhere you can send someone to keep them safe, a bolt hole is a hidden place just for you to hide in as per this bit on 216 . . .

Bolt holes and safehouses are common parts of a shadowrunner’s life. I’ve covered this before, but let’s sum up briefly: Bolt holes are prearranged, cash-only paid spaces that you crawl into when the shit hits the fan. Bolt holes are usually set up in advance and then left to sit in whatever dark, unseen place they inhabit. A bolt hole isn’t some vacation home in the Bahamas—it’s more likely a cargo crate with food rations, a chemical toilet, and nothing but time on your hands to contemplate your sins and what to do next. A few people may share a bolt hole, but they might kill each other if they stay confined too long. A safehouse is much like what you see in the trids. A little out-of-the way home used on a temporary basis to keep people safe as they are moved out of the city/country or just until business is taken care of. Corporations and governments use them for witness protection or to offer them to shadowrunners to babysit assets. A safehouse is generally a step up from a bolt hole. In that they tend to be controlled by some House Master/ Madame who maintains whatever operating façade the safe house has constructed.

Probably just how I see things making it an issue but to me what you have there is more of a bolthole than a safehouse and thus would come under the bolt hole rules. Admitedly what you have here is even less suitable for anything except storing gear so it may be justfiable not having any costs attached to it but bolt hole describes it better to me than safe house hence the only pay when using it.

The Wyrm Ouroboros:
Then yes, a thousand would be fine, as it would fulfill 'bolt hole' technicalities, and you can sock 500¥ more into the 'pocket cash' available.  Or buy another gun, or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version