NEWS

Sprawl Gangers???

• 26 Replies

Kid Zero

• Newb
« on: <03-01-14/0820:33> »
I don't think there has been a developers diary since October. We have seen all kinds of info, including a new board for Crossfire, but nothing on Gangers, which is concerning. I am greatly looking forward to this, and...nothing. Can we get some kind of update???

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-01-14/0922:32> »
CGL rarely posts here...you'd be better off asking this question via FB of email, as much as we'd all like to know.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-01-14/0940:27> »
Can we get some kind of update???

It's in progress, no timeline available.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-30-14/0515:23> »
Can we get some kind of update???

It's in progress, no timeline available.

Would be nice to hear something about it, though..since it is supposed to be out in Spring, per the
Year of Shadowrun advert/teaser/whatever you want to call it. So it should be almost ready. Heck,
they should be at least where Ninja Division is with Robotech Tactics, and be able to be showing
us some of the minis by now. I look forward to picking it up when I go to GenCon this year!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-30-14/2144:58> »
Massive update posted on the blog; some additional art on Tumblr. Lots of concept art and renders...looking really nice ;D

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #5 on: <05-30-14/2306:52> »
Yeah, the big issue (for a long time) has been the miniature side of things.  We've had bitchin' concept art forever, and solid playtest rules (and feedback from them, and changed rules, and more feedback, and on and on)...it just kind of stalled out without that critical missing like, awesome minis. 

I'm as psyched to see this update as you guys are.   ;D

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #6 on: <05-31-14/1115:53> »
Very cool indeed.  I like the direction of going in smaller chunks, and I think a lot of people here will appreciate the outright admission of biting off more than CGL can chew.  Personally, I'm just happy to see some traction, and it doesn't matter to me how it happens so much as that it happens.  I am a little concerned about Hardpoint's model though.  Specifically, I wonder how well that drone will hold up with the smoke trail behind it.  It makes me wonder if the thing might snap off at some point.  A lot of that is going to depend on materials, and so far I have no reason to doubt Green Brier's ability to make a solid model so I'm hopeful.  Just cautious.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-31-14/1416:22> »
Green Briar did some nice work w/ ZApocaplypse and their recent KS focused on a Steampunk setting. I like where things are heading. I would love to see a little more modularity with sculpts, but appreciate that that would simply add more complexity to the process. If they can maintain the level of detail being displayed, they should be a huge hit.

I really think that this game would do amazingly well via a KS campaign...likely bring in more than enough to establish critical mass and add the resources needed to support a dedicated miniatures game/line.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <05-31-14/1617:33> »
I was on the border for their steampunk KS and if this announcement had come out in time I would have pulled the trigger and given them my money. I love what I'm seeing and will gladly throw them some money to show my support for the project

I like the idea of creating RPG game supplements that can then be used in gangers at a latter date.

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #9 on: <05-31-14/1619:15> »
I love what I am seeing. And I am sorry Catalyst is having troubles with their miniatures; I've noticed the entire miniatures industry has run into production and quality problems as of late. I am glad to see those problems are being worked through, though!
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Sentient Bean

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <06-01-14/0037:24> »
Very much looking forward to this release and I'm glad the miniatures side of things is getting on track.  To be brutally honest, miniatures rules are a dime a dozen, but 21st Century official Shadowrun miniatures are long overdue.  Unless the game mechanic is out of this world, you are selling the game on the IP and the quality of the figures.

Get the miniatures right and you will tap into the miniatures market.  Release a sub-par set of miniatures... might as well not bother, it's that simple.  Too much competition in the marketplace to produce something sub par.  Look at the Infinity range for inspiration.  I know for a fact that the freelance sculptors that work on Infinity: The Game are not that expensive to hire.  Don't ask me about actual production costs though  :)

« Last Edit: <06-01-14/0039:57> by Sentient Bean »

Sentient Bean

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <06-01-14/0044:42> »
I should also note that CAD is not always king.  The renders look a bit too "busy" to be achievable.   Perhaps get a traditional miniatures sculptor to replicate the concept art and have the CAD people scan and design their figures from that.  Anyway, this isn't design by committee, but that's my 2 nuyen.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <07-22-14/0857:25> »
From the CGL Tumblr, some rapid prototypes:

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <07-26-14/0238:23> »
Sweet! Those look pretty nice. Since they look like Reaper's Bones series, I'm guessing you don't need to prime them first, before painting?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #14 on: <07-26-14/0247:29> »
Sweet! Those look pretty nice. Since they look like Reaper's Bones series, I'm guessing you don't need to prime them first, before painting?
I wouldn't bet on it.  Something being made of white plastic doesn't mean it's really very much like the Bones line, and even with the Bones line, the "no priming" claim is a little shaky, all depending on what paint you use (I've had to prime all of mine to get anything halfway even and smooth, for instance).

So...yeah.  I wouldn't bet on it.