NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [IC]

• 526 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #75 on: <10-05-15/0345:03> »
@Mark say "I'd love to eat something. I had a secure job - physical security but I lived too long. Times changed and technology changed. Youngsters with control rigs doing impossible things started being more and more common and it reached a point where nobody would employ a geezer like me in Europe.  So I came here hoping that I can still do security here because technology is a bit more primitive than Europe. 

But the money run out, and I do not know enough people to be employed. Few days ago I was kicked out of my house for not paying rent. Been wandering the streets ever since. Do you happen to have anything to eat? I am sure I can pay you back somehow once I can find some job, but right now I really have very little to pay with. "

« Last Edit: <10-05-15/0348:24> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <10-05-15/0349:56> »
Cinder had donned an old coat, robust boots and canvas trousers. He didn't blend in totally, but he hoped that it would be enough.
He was tempted to just call in back up for the search - but that would bring more trouble later on than it was worth.
So he moved on, looking around and listening.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #77 on: <10-05-15/0858:08> »
Of course Scarcrow couldn't really blend into the mass of people. He was wearing worn-out trousers, a cheap sweat-shirt and a raincoat and his heavy boots, but no matter what he wore his scars and impressive height made him probably about as unremarkable King Kong in George Orwell's Animal Farm.

The troll looked around, trying to identify who belonged to the aggressive gang and who was just a bystander, checking if his back was clear.
[spoiler]Are we in a bigger street or in a lonely alleyway? And are there a lot of people around us?[/spoiler]

"Whoa, bistarai, chummers.", and he raised his hands in a (more or less) conciliatory manner and took a step back. Puny maggot! I could snap your neck like a spring-roll!
His adrenaline-flooded brain quickly went through all his options, categorizing both fighting and fleeing as a NO, threatening that he was with a policeman as a PROBABLY NOT and asking them about Lucky as TO BOLD TO TRY OUT.  Struggling to find a suitable reaction, he decided to go for his usual three-steps-plan, consisting of step one: negotiation, step two: intimidating and - if everything failed -  step three: beating.

"Listen, if I provoked someone, I'm sorry. I just came here to eat and listen to music, not to pick a fight. Can't a hard-working chummer listen to music in peace?"Get out of my sight or I shall smite you where you stand!

Looking at them, considering wether they would be calmed by him backing off, maybe even by him paying them, or only by his blood on the street, Byron took another step back, signallizing that he didn't want to fight, ready to spurt away if necessary.
[spoiler]Judge Intentions: 6d6t5 2[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-05-15/0924:11> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #78 on: <10-06-15/0039:34> »
Mark

These Nepalis are a surprising folk. Instead of looking down at you, she goes (quite physically) to her knees to be on the same level as you are. She doesn't even flinch as you call her people (or their technology) "primitive". Instead she says: "I know a nice place where you can have something to eat.
Soe she brings to a "restaurant", a small hut with corrugated roof in which there is a big metal pot with steaming rice, another one with lentil soup and a huge wok filled with (over-)cooked vegetables. "Do you eat soymeat?"

Cinder

After a while, you can hear agitated voices. As you briskly walk closer, you're sure they are cheering somebody on. You turn around a corner and see a group of teenagers standing in a circle about something. You can hear groaning and a sharp cry of pain: There's a fight going on.

Scarcrow

[spoiler]It's just another small road in the heart of Kathmandu. It's not strictly speaking anything more than an alley, but it's definitely not empty. Well, not yet: People are preparing to get out of trouble.[/spoiler]

"Ooooh, I'm sorry", the ringleader mimics you. "Better be sorry for your face, old fart."
His voice then changes. What you thought a mere rookie just a second before, you can catch the glimpse of insecurity in his voice. "Now get off here. I'm serious"
To underline his statement, the guy draws his gun, an out-of-date Browning.

[spoiler]Difficult to say (with this roll). I built in your observations in the post.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <10-06-15/0225:26> »
Mark tells the girl "You are very kind, do you have a name to remember you by? I am Mark Stain" ... "I'll eat anything although as I am veterinarian I struggle a bit with soy meat, but I cannot be too picky. Again thank you so much"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #80 on: <10-06-15/0812:36> »
A deep growl leaves Scarcrow's lips as the ganger brings out his gun.
He wasn't much of a diplomat, but he took it that the negotiations were over.
For a moment Byron was about to charge at the man, he was pretty sure that he could be fast enough to get hold of the leader's gun - or simply the whole leader - and then scare the others off, but he was smart enough not to start a feude with a local gang.
So he just took a deep breath and another step back, his hands still raised, looking the leader straight in the eyes.
"Ok, ok, I'll be gone. You ain't see me again."
But what if our man is just behind this corner? He had to try it!
"Do you know a guy named Lucky? I have a message for him. It's important. "
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <10-06-15/0905:47> »
Cinder walked carefully closer. The age group he looked for where notorious for getting into fights. Not necessarily the street musician - but his friends might be involved.
Last but not least he might need to intervene so this wouldn't become manslaughter.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #82 on: <10-07-15/0451:22> »
Mark

"What is a veterinarian..? Are you a doctor or something?"

You chat a bit with the girl. You don't think she is in any way affiliated with the temple, but she's around sometimes and knows the area.

Scarcrow

"What do you fuck want with Lucky? Get your arse outta here, or I'll shoot you a second asshole!"

Cinder

As you come closer, you're sure there is a fight going on. You can approach to a couple of meters without being noticed.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <10-07-15/0713:29> »
Vegetarian it means I do not eat meat... Said Mark.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #84 on: <10-07-15/1107:11> »
She laughs. "I totally heard 'veterinarian'. Well, soy meat consists of soy, so there's no real meat in it. Come, you'll love the soy chicken. With all the spices, you hardly know the difference."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <10-07-15/1143:36> »
Mark comes inside and has dinner with the girl (whats her name?)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <10-07-15/1150:13> »
Cinder went as close as he needed to to get a view of the fight. His hand was firmly closed around the taser in his pocket.
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #87 on: <10-08-15/0236:48> »
Mark

The girl, her Name is Kim (her mother is Corean), invites you to a full meal of dal bhat. It's not bad, nothing special though. You're even invited to a coke. In exchange, the girl satisfies her curiosity:
"Where do you come from?
What are you doing in this place?
Do you have a home?
Do you have family?
What are your plans for future?"

Cinder

Carefully pushing yourself through the cloud, you come closer. The fight looks uneven at first glance, but exciting at the second: A gandharva with brass knuckles is having a terrible and hot fight with an ork twice his size, fists wrapped in bandages. There is red on the bandages, but the ork's lip is broken, and so seems his nose. Every now and then the ork seems to land a hit or grab the gandharva but the latter again and again manages to escape. He's sweating heavily though, and breathing hard.

Then one of the youngsters in the crowd gets aware of you. "Hey, man. This is not for you. Why don't you just spread your wings and fly off?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #88 on: <10-08-15/0301:41> »
"Yeah, yeah don't get your knickers in a twist. Those aren't the guys I'm looking for anyway."
Cinder turned away but kept an eye open for a sudden attack.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #89 on: <10-08-15/0320:32> »
Mark tells Kim "I was born in the UK, but I've hardly been on that island, my family was poor and I needed to provide for them. I did all kind of minor felonies trying to get things to eat and I had to leave the island. The rest of my years were passed in Europe where I learned some technical skills, like driving and matrix stuff. Eventually I converged to an honest living as security professional for minor companies, but then like I told you I got replaced by youngsters with control rigs.

I do have a wife and son but they were taken away, Carla my wife took matters into her own hands and got herself cooperate citizenship and job, because of my criminal past I could never see her again. She took my son with her and at least they are better off than myself.  As for the future I want to get back on my feet and start working again. Security perhaps or what ever opportunities I can find in this place,  I still have some drones and a nice pickup truck that I bought when I arrived here. Can't eat drones tough, and if I sell them I am going to starve for sure.  So my best guess is find someone that need some extra security so I can earn some honest living and rent a house and buy food and stuff.  What about you? Do you have a home? Your name - is not a local name isn't it? "
« Last Edit: <10-08-15/0322:05> by gilga »