NEWS

www.shadowrunsixthworld.com - counter.

• 166 Replies

Nemo

• Newb
« Reply #150 on: <06-29-19/0622:07> »
Now I don't know what's true. In the first post DC is among the cities lost matrix traffic (by Glitch), and it turns out DC wasn't blocked at all. There are attempts to make everything looked normal, and to make it looked worse. Seems nothing can't be forged. I wonder if the tentacle terror is also a fake.

David Chart

• Newb
« Reply #151 on: <06-29-19/0707:44> »
We know one of the Kays is fake. We don't know which one. Maybe DeeCee is down. Putting up basically accurate accounts that can be shown to be made up because the people supposedly reporting them could not have would be a subtle way to hide the truth, and well within the capacity of anyone half-way competent.

Come to that, maybe Slamm-0 "forgot" that he was a Sysop because this isn't Slamm-0; the thing that got into Netcat's head took the real one out.

I mean, there's no limit to the paranoid speculation possible at this point. 8)
« Last Edit: <06-29-19/0739:01> by David Chart »
David Chart
Waiting for Ryumyo
http://www.davidchart.com/

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #152 on: <06-29-19/0815:17> »
Well, according to the podcasts the power came back shortly after the Terror V’Golkatl got thrown back into its cage though I suspect there’s more behind it than a locked up Terror in Chicago.
Why does that city keep being the center of world balancing events?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #153 on: <06-29-19/0819:02> »
The same reason a tire punctures near the previous weak spot: the damage is done.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #154 on: <06-29-19/0834:09> »
Even Shadow Social Media gets hacked!

I’d call that a flaw of their only the special people can be part of our group system. It’s not hard to target specific people. A more open system is more prone to mass bad reports but nothing is inherently trusted.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #155 on: <06-29-19/0835:01> »
Slamm-O! forgot for a second that he's one of a triad of admins and also has to help with the security. :P I feel his pain. The glee when others have to take on the tough work and then to find out you have to step in as well...

I had read that as a rhetorical question.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #156 on: <06-29-19/2247:11> »
Come to that, maybe Slamm-0 "forgot" that he was a Sysop because this isn't Slamm-0; the thing that got into Netcat's head took the real one out.

I mean, there's no limit to the paranoid speculation possible at this point. 8)

You've made Plan9/10 proud... ;)
And I'm hoping that group/haven gets smashed this Ed and we can return to the Datahaven as the Runner repository of knowledge.
Oh, and I want Cpt. Chaos back from his box to run it again. Or at least be one of the big defenders of it.

Well, according to the podcasts the power came back shortly after the Terror V’Golkatl got thrown back into its cage though I suspect there’s more behind it than a locked up Terror in Chicago.
Why does that city keep being the center of world balancing events?
Yeah, I'm getting tired of "Offical Cannon" being given out on multiple hours of podcasts without some form of data dump for all those that just don't have the time or means to sit around and listen for that damn long.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #157 on: <06-29-19/2327:14> »
Calm down, keep calm. There is no official canon being given out by podcast. The various in-character podcasts just got permission to do a tie-in. Chicago wasn't being played with much in the Cutting Black/30 Nights stuff, so we used Chicago since the Neo-A Podcast was already set there. Nothing from the podcast should inform your SR metaplot information other than to confirm there is a blackout.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #158 on: <06-30-19/1618:32> »
How do we know that Kay St. Irregular is still...Kay as we know him? I mean...which of his appearances is fake...that one from DC a few days back? Or the recent one?

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #159 on: <06-30-19/1739:06> »
We know one of the Kays is fake. We don't know which one. Maybe DeeCee is down.
Or maybe they're both real, just not in the same world. Maybe the barrier between this Earth and another very similar one has been weakened to the point that news stories and reports are leaking from one to the other.

I admit that one's pretty far out there, but I don't think it can be ruled out.

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #160 on: <07-05-19/1415:01> »
Is my browser broken or hasn't there been an update for some time now?

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #161 on: <07-05-19/2151:50> »

It's still the same as before; they're discussing the video and Kay Street Irregular, then hear from him.

Grizzly

• Newb
« Reply #162 on: <07-06-19/0614:36> »
So it smells a lot like a false flag sig-int operation.  Spread a lot of fear and panic and watch how the enemy reacts in order to uncover their forces and resources.

I mean, that vid.  If it was real, someone went through a lot of trouble, knowing they would get shut-down and not knowing how long they had, to just spout off vague threats and panicky calls to action.  A true chummer would have been shouting "It's Ares!" or whomever over and over until their hoop got fragged.  So likely part of the fakenews game.

Unless it was Plan 9.  If he turns up dead then maybe it was real because "you know who they are!" is about as explicit as he gets.

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #163 on: <07-06-19/1211:13> »
So it smells a lot like a false flag sig-int operation.  Spread a lot of fear and panic and watch how the enemy reacts in order to uncover their forces and resources.

I mean, that vid.  If it was real, someone went through a lot of trouble, knowing they would get shut-down and not knowing how long they had, to just spout off vague threats and panicky calls to action.  A true chummer would have been shouting "It's Ares!" or whomever over and over until their hoop got fragged.  So likely part of the fakenews game.

Unless it was Plan 9.  If he turns up dead then maybe it was real because "you know who they are!" is about as explicit as he gets.

Imo its the NULL doing their powerplay and many other factions using the chaos to their own benefit which makes it seem like a big conspiracy when its actually all unrelated.
And out of character Catalyst is probably just showcasing the bigger metaplot threats for 6E. Bugs, Elder Gods, Anarchism and so 8n.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #164 on: <07-07-19/0618:11> »

It's still the same as before; they're discussing the video and Kay Street Irregular, then hear from him.
On the bright side, it has captions now. ;D
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!