NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #135 on: <12-26-15/1641:08> »
In terms of the weapon modification, P115 "Core Vehicle Modifications" lists:
MCT-Nissan Roto-Drone: Three extra Weapon Modification Slots.
So that as least has been kept... and yeah I missed the changes to the Roto-Drone... once again reducing points AND increasing costs.. REALLY?!

Like OK it's not so bad, there's only a net loss of 1 point... but still the price has gone up over 50%!
« Last Edit: <12-26-15/1645:26> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #136 on: <12-26-15/1918:49> »
I mentioned that earlier in this thread; For transportation the biggest difference is that it is now large.
The price is irritating, but Speed 2R is probably not much slower than it was before, if at all. Well, we didn't really have proper speeds before anyways.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #137 on: <12-27-15/0035:10> »
Gonna have to be a nag about this but any ETA on when we can expect to see drone weapon mount prices? It's a pretty damn critical oversight...

I thought I'd posted this earlier! Turns out that it's in the file I sent upstairs but NOT here. Time to fix that!

800$ * MP used. Keeps it simple, but a tad less than core.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #138 on: <12-27-15/0042:25> »
Gonna have to be a nag about this but any ETA on when we can expect to see drone weapon mount prices? It's a pretty damn critical oversight...

I thought I'd posted this earlier! Turns out that it's in the file I sent upstairs but NOT here. Time to fix that!

Going to assume then that Tiny mounts use the "Count 0 as 0.5" thing so as they cost 400 not 0?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

asucrews

• Newb
« Reply #139 on: <12-27-15/0043:04> »
A Bit of clarification please.

"The Pilot program determines the Rating of the drone as a whole,"

Does this mean if you upgrade the pilot program the device rating matches the new pilot rating?

i.e.
Pilot 1 = DR 1
Pilot 2 = DR 2
Pilot 3 = DR 3
Pilot 4 = DR 4
Pilot 5 = DR 5
Pilot 6 = DR 6

asucrews

• Newb
« Reply #140 on: <12-27-15/0104:59> »
ASSEMBLY TIME IMPROVEMENT doesnt say how this actually affects assembly or disassembly times. if the drone takes 2 combat turns it takes 1 now or what?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #141 on: <12-27-15/0108:48> »
I feel bad about spamming, but it's something that really needs to be answered...  Drone movement on standard combat scale.  I can be more specific!

1) Is the Movement Rates Table on SR5 Page 202 still accurate/relevant?

2) Do the new Speed qualifiers (Water, Ground, Rotor, Jet) affect standard-scale movement at all?

3) How does Acceleration factor into standard movement?
3a) Is there a minimum movement per turn? I.E. If you're moving at Speed 3, can you decide to not move at all next turn?

4) How many meters per turn can something with 0 Speed move?

5) What constitutes "Running" for a vehicle or drone?  How does a Running speed work with a set Speed attribute?

I'm also still unclear about movement rates of drones and vehicles on standard-scale combat.  Especially with the new classifications on Speed for Ground and Rotor, I somehow don't think the Kanmushi was ever intended to be able to run at 20m a turn.  And can the Cheetah really go 160m each turn "walking"?  Is it a zero to max thing, too, or do they have to deal with Acceleration and take the Change Speed Simple Action like vehicles?  Do vehicles still have "running" rates, whatever the hell that's supposed to be...?

Seconded. Seriously, are we still bound to these ridiculous exponentially rising Tactical Movement Speeds from the Core Rulebook? If so: Then what is the Movement Rate of the new nerfed-into-oblivion Bumblebee with its Speed of 0?

By the way, with the rules in the book, the Cheetah runs at 238 miles per hour, not 112.  Though it does have a "Walking Speed" of only 119 MPH, as retarded as "Walking Speed" is as a term here.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #142 on: <12-27-15/0804:05> »
If you use the swarm action in tandem with the swarm program, will a drone swarm count as a single drone for the threshold, given they only get a single bonus?
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #143 on: <12-27-15/0905:20> »
So that as least has been kept... and yeah I missed the changes to the Roto-Drone... once again reducing points AND increasing costs.. REALLY?!

Like OK it's not so bad, there's only a net loss of 1 point... but still the price has gone up over 50%!

but its not listed in the stat block at the end of the book. it still listed as 4(4) following that statement it should be 4(7)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #144 on: <12-27-15/1411:30> »

but its not listed in the stat block at the end of the book. it still listed as 4(4) following that statement it should be 4(7)

No because these are three extra points specifically for weapon modification. Being 4 (7) would imply the points could be used for anything.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #145 on: <12-27-15/1936:19> »

Going to assume then that Tiny mounts use the "Count 0 as 0.5" thing so as they cost 400 not 0?

Yup. Use 0.5 instead of 0 for all multipliers. no freebies. :)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #146 on: <12-27-15/1940:38> »
I feel bad about spamming, but it's something that really needs to be answered...  Drone movement on standard combat scale.  I can be more specific!

1) Is the Movement Rates Table on SR5 Page 202 still accurate/relevant?

2) Do the new Speed qualifiers (Water, Ground, Rotor, Jet) affect standard-scale movement at all?

3) How does Acceleration factor into standard movement?
3a) Is there a minimum movement per turn? I.E. If you're moving at Speed 3, can you decide to not move at all next turn?

4) How many meters per turn can something with 0 Speed move?

5) What constitutes "Running" for a vehicle or drone?  How does a Running speed work with a set Speed attribute?

I'm also still unclear about movement rates of drones and vehicles on standard-scale combat.  Especially with the new classifications on Speed for Ground and Rotor, I somehow don't think the Kanmushi was ever intended to be able to run at 20m a turn.  And can the Cheetah really go 160m each turn "walking"?  Is it a zero to max thing, too, or do they have to deal with Acceleration and take the Change Speed Simple Action like vehicles?  Do vehicles still have "running" rates, whatever the hell that's supposed to be...?

Seconded. Seriously, are we still bound to these ridiculous exponentially rising Tactical Movement Speeds from the Core Rulebook? If so: Then what is the Movement Rate of the new nerfed-into-oblivion Bumblebee with its Speed of 0?

By the way, with the rules in the book, the Cheetah runs at 238 miles per hour, not 112.  Though it does have a "Walking Speed" of only 119 MPH, as retarded as "Walking Speed" is as a term here.

Vehicles cannot 'run', only 'walk'. The top speed of their Speed attribute is their *top* speed.

As for the meters per round? Gah. I'd have to do math. KPH*1000 = Meters per hour. Meters per hour -360 gives Meters per second. I'd have to check to know how many seconds are in a combat round (D&D uses 6 seconds, but I think Shadowrun's 3 seconds. I'd have to check.)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #147 on: <12-27-15/2028:16> »
KM/h * 1,000 = M/h * 60 = M/m * 60 = M/s / 3 = M/Combat Round
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #148 on: <12-27-15/2038:26> »
The core book has both walking and running speeds for vehicles and drones, Wakshaani. What do you mean when you say vehicles can only walk?

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #149 on: <12-28-15/0308:30> »
Speed

Water   Spd*15KPH      Spd*12.5m/turn   
Ground   Spd*30KPH      Spd*25m/turn   
Rotor   Spd*60KPH      Spd*50m/turn   
Jet           Spd*600KPH      Spd*500m/turn   

"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral