NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #900 on: <01-13-16/1627:05> »
If the cellular glove molder won't be cumbersome then I'll take it with me. If it's not possible to transport easily in the lined coat then I'll leave it behind. I already have a machine pistol and a club so I'm wary of thinks clanking around.

I'd imagine a lined coat would have a rather sizable breast pocket.  He can stash it in there.  Who knows, if it gets hot, maybe it'll save Achak's life -- or get bricked the old fashioned way with a sudden influx of base metals, the most damaging of code.

Achak will ask Sister Rebecca to assense the men out front (and the woman who arrives) if she doesn't do it automatically.

I believe that was the plan.  Sister Rebecca will need to step outside of the Roadmaster to do so.  Once she does, she see:
Random dude 1: Mundane, healthy, on edge, some cyber in his head
Random dude 2: Ditto above, plus cyberware in his body
Ork: Awakened, healthy, calm
Dude from Eurocar: Awakened, healthy, calm, some headware
Lady from Eurocar: Mundane, healthy, annoyed.

Achak will be studying the blueprints for a back door, or a rooftop entrance.

I will roll Security Design. Chummer has this linked to Intuition, but if rednblack wants to use Logic then we'll drop hits off the end.

Intuition 6 + Security Design 4: 10d6t5 6 hits, capped at 5 by Achak's Mental limit. It's 4 hits if we use Logic instead of Intuition. A good roll, either way.

For figuring out where cameras would be located, unguarded modes of egress or ingress, etc. I would say Intuition, but I think studying blueprints would make it Logic in this case.  So 4 hits.  Still plenty.  There's only the front door for the Sunrise office suite, but the office complex has 2 back fire exits.  Neither of those are covered by municipal cameras, but Nori wants to see if there are any slaved to a building host, etc.  See below.

No roof access, unless you feel like dismantling the roof grates for the HVAC system.  Probably couldn't stuff a troll in 'em, but you three would do ok.

Also, the deployed fly-spys will take a look at the roof and get a bird's eye view of the surrounding area, in case we need that info for escape routes.

There's a four-lane street separating where the Roadmaster is currently parked and the Sunrise office.  That would be the quickest way to escape via vehicle.  There's a chain-link fence around the back end of the office complex, which separates the alley from a parking lot.  Then a street that runs perpendicular to Parker and there's a few closed up shops before you get into residential accommodations.

What does Nori see around as far as devices running silent?

Distance is a little tricky here, but I'm going to say that the office itself, as well as the men outside obviously, would be within 100 meters.  She finds a deck running silent.  She'll recommend that the team turn Wireless Off on all weapons larger than a pistol, unless it looks like things are about to get hot, as it could tip them off.  She also finds the office complex Host and the Sunrise Host, neither of which are running silent.  There is camera at the back fire exits, four cameras in the lobby area, and a camera in each of the two elevators.  The fact that there's only one camera to cover the fire exits is strange.  One would expect two.  So, either one is out of order, or she missed a silent running icon.  The one that she spotted is on the side closest to Parker, so the team could go around back to gain access that way, if y'all want to give that a shot.

Did I miss anything?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #901 on: <01-13-16/2055:00> »
Sorry, I'm still a bit hazy from the holidays and Tabula Rasa.

Hey Red, you don't happen to know what dmg lvls becca was at, do ya?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #902 on: <01-13-16/2115:10> »

Becca took on 4P of Achak's damage.  That was on the third.  Aside from the quick trip to see Marcus on the fourth, Becca hasn't been doing much of anything, so counting two night's sleep and the majority of a day spent resting I'll say that she gets one BOD X 2 test to recover damage.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #903 on: <01-13-16/2151:50> »
Was digging through stuff and found this. It was going to be my character background done in the style of an interview, but I never got the time to finish it. Since we're meeting up with Nori, it seemed apropos.

Mercer> Should I sit or stand?
Nori> Just make yourself comfortable.
M> Alright…
N> Are you ready?
M> I guess. I’ve been around a while, and this may be the oddest favor I’ve been asked.
N> You’ve seen a lot of things. It’d be good to have the details, but the backstory is also important. It’s all part of good research.
M> Can’t argue that. So, what now?
N> Let’s start with the basics. Where you were born, grew up, school, sports, that sort of thing.
M> It’s boring, I warn you, but here goes. I was born Magnus Henry Ford in Lubbock, Texas on July 3rd, 2033 to Henry and Juanita Ford. My whole childhood, starting with my name, made it abundantly clear that they wanted an Awakened child. “A good strong wizard’s name” as dad described it.
Dad. He was a character. His parents had a sense of ambition too, naming him after the industrialist from the early 20th. He was a Ranger for Texas when it was part the old United States of America before that was broken up, then when it was part of the UCAS, when it was part of the CAS the first time, when it was independent, and finally under the CAS again. He saw all sorts of stuff during his career and the war with Aztlan. He was as tough as they come, I tell you - one of the few survivors of the New Alamo. Joined Lone Star when the Rangers disbanded shortly after. Him and ma are still kickin’ around. I only see ‘em around Christmas, but we chat.
So where was I? Oh, yes. My parent’s shattered dreams aside, my childhood was pretty textbook - I did okay at school and sports, but I wasn’t winning any scholarships. I was popular though, on account of my charming personality.
N> *laughs*
M> When I graduated high school I went to the local community college, learned about all the stuff that the CAS felt was important. Then I followed pop into the law enforcement industry. For a few years anyway. Married my wife, had kids. The ol’ CAS dream. Until they were taken from me.
N> That’s when you became a Hunter?
M> Yeah.
N> Can you tell me more about that? What’s the story?
M> My story? Well, I guess my story's like anybody else that does this for a livin'. There are two types o' people that hunt the Infected, if'n you discount the crazies. There are those that been wronged, and there are those that are lookin' for a score. I'm a little bit o' both, truth be told.
In another life, I was happily married to a beautiful Hopi woman. She bore me two sons. And life was good - I was a law man in West Texas, tryin' to keep the peace between the CAS, the PCC, and Aztlan, where all three nations met. The oldest boy was four when my old life ended. Weren't no rhyme nor reason to it. Some zekes come through town one night lookin' for a meal and my place, sittin' on the outskirts like it was, was what rung the dinner bell for 'em.
N> Zekes?
M> Vampires. Something to do with the old Dracula novel and how he was a Székely descended from Attila the Hun. I never read the books myself, but that was what I was told the first time I asked.
Anyway, I came home to tragedy, won't say no more on the subject than that, and I swore revenge, and that was what started me on the road I'm on. It's been near twenty years now since then. Anymore, it's all I know to do. Pays the bills, I guess. Don't get me wrong, I still hate these soulless things the virus makes, but I dunno, it just ain't personal no more.
N> Did you get revenge? On the ones that - on those particular vampires?
M> Yeah, I did. We’d tracked ‘em down to another old house outside of town - they were smart enough to avoid high population density - and I took a couple deputies with me for a pre-dawn raid. Hard to believe I was ever that green as to attack a nest in the dark, but there you have it. Of course, we didn’t even know they were vamps, so we thought we were coming heavy. Ol’ Joe was a veteran and had some pretty impressive cyber, and was the size of an ork besides. Al was scrawnier, but knew his way around a shooting range. He was carrying an assault rifle, Joe had his revolver and a night stick, and I had Bessie, my shotgun. Tac gear, body armor, we were ready to dance.
As soon as we breached the doors things went south. Al was gutted in seconds and Joe was tossed across the room like a rag doll. Bessie spoke her mind and one of the beasts went down, but it had gotten close. Joe was moaning - if it weren’t for the augmentations he had, he would have been down and out. He was able to put a few rounds in the vicinity of the remaining bastard, but none of them hit their mark. It dropped Al and started toward me and even Bessie’s sweet nothings couldn’t strike true. It had me dead to rights until Al, all but dead, stitched it with the AR. It ran off deeper into the house, so I covered Joe as he dragged Al out as gently as he could.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #904 on: <01-13-16/2358:02> »
@Mal, nice. Now I wanna know how it ends.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #905 on: <01-14-16/0010:28> »

Becca took on 4P of Achak's damage.  That was on the third.  Aside from the quick trip to see Marcus on the fourth, Becca hasn't been doing much of anything, so counting two night's sleep and the majority of a day spent resting I'll say that she gets one BOD X 2 test to recover damage.

Healing (Bod 4 x 2): 8d6t5 2

So becca's at 2P? right?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #906 on: <01-14-16/1914:51> »
Achak will be in favor of going around back to the fire exits. The HVAC system, while intriguing, is probably not the ideal approach. It's possible that Achak's Traceless Walk might be used to Traceless Crawl, but Mercer and and Sister Rebecca would probably bang around. Mercer would for sure, what with his Matrix-esque arsenal together with his Sneaking 1.

Hopefully the Fly Spys can answer the question of whether there's a second camera and, if so, whether it is clearly out-of-order or if it looks functional and might be operational and running silently.

Achak will look at the blueprints and try to determine if there's an obvious place where a second camera might be (e.g. if there's a location that would be symmetrical to the location of the first fire exit + camera.) If so, he will try to figure out if there might be some connection to Sunrise, e.g. whether that fire exit is adjacent or near to the Sunrise offices in the complex.

If the presence or functionality of the second camera can't be determined with certainty, it might be safest to deal with the first camera. If it rotates, perhaps Achak can time it and slip by between rotations. If it's static, perhaps Nori can knock it out or put the visual feed on loop until Achak (and anyone else) gets inside.

Achak will be treating this as recon, with no goal of picking a fight, even if these are the goons that had a hand in Stake's death. He might suggest going in on his own, or perhaps with Sister Rebecca, while Mercer mans the drones, covers the guards out front, and drives the Roadmaster in case of rapid egress. Nori may wish to hack from the Roadmaster rather than her Toyota for similar reasons.

I'll IC this once the discussion is a bit further along.

Did you already say how many floors the building is? and/or what floor the Sunrise offices are on?

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #907 on: <01-15-16/1814:32> »
Mercer will trade out the shotgun for another sawdust grenade so he isn't quite so over the top. However, I forgot to include that he has his Survival knife (wireless off, at his belt). He's considering the Shock Gloves, but going to pass.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #908 on: <01-18-16/1805:08> »
@Poindexter, correct.

@All, anymore planning we need to do before advancing things ICly?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #909 on: <01-18-16/1913:35> »
Mm, yeah, we have all the questions from my previous post still.

1) Did you already say how many floors the building is?
2) What floor(s) is/are the Sunrise offices are on?
3) Can we run the Fly-Spys out back to see if the second camera is missing or is operational (but potentially silent)?
3a) If the second camera can't be safely identified, try to identify methods to sneak past the first camera.
3b) If sneaking past the first camera isn't an option, have Nori hack it.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #910 on: <01-18-16/2123:38> »
Mm, yeah, we have all the questions from my previous post still.

1) Did you already say how many floors the building is?
2) What floor(s) is/are the Sunrise offices are on?
3) Can we run the Fly-Spys out back to see if the second camera is missing or is operational (but potentially silent)?
3a) If the second camera can't be safely identified, try to identify methods to sneak past the first camera.
3b) If sneaking past the first camera isn't an option, have Nori hack it.

Bah!  Whaddya mean you were waiting on me?

1. Two floors. 
2. Sunrise is on the second.
3. The housing is intact.  But, the first camera rotates to make a sweep of the area, and the second isn't moving. 
3a. Assuming the second camera is out, you can get to that exit without being in the field of vision of the first.
3b. Nori can try to hack the first camera, if y'all want her to.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #911 on: <01-18-16/2308:36> »
Do any of the other offices in the building belong to a company that is still open at this hour that three folks such as ourselves could be believable patrons of? I'm wondering at the difficulty of just walking in the front door.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #912 on: <01-18-16/2340:49> »
Do any of the other offices in the building belong to a company that is still open at this hour that three folks such as ourselves could be believable patrons of? I'm wondering at the difficulty of just walking in the front door.

No. Very difficult. For the other suites think payroll processing, low-end chiropractic, that sort of thing.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #913 on: <01-19-16/1342:50> »
Low-end chiropractic sounds like the type of place where it would be easy to walk in through the front door, but perhaps it is after hours and they are closed. I'll take the GM's hint that the front is sharp and prickly while the back is the soft underbelly.

I'm still worried about the second camera and whether it might be playing dead but really be active. Which direction is it pointing? (Away from the door or toward it?) Does it look visibly broken or does it look functional but just not moving?

Achak will ask Sister Rebecca to summon a spirit that can make them stealthier and/or faster.

I'll IC Achak's thinking up to this point.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #914 on: <01-19-16/1409:45> »
During business hours it will probably be quite easy to walk in the front door. But nothing seems open for biz right now.

I'll say the camera is pointing slightly to its left -- toward the middle of the building. Hugging the wall, it might be possible to access the fire exit without getting in its field of vision.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal