NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #855 on: <11-11-15/1158:51> »
Can we get a physical address for Sunrise? I'm hoping they have an office in Manhattan.

Sunrise has offices in Seattle -- Auburn, Winnipeg, Manhattan, St. Louis, and Denver.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #856 on: <11-13-15/0921:24> »
Girlfriend's birthday party tonight, then various celebrations throughout the weekend. I'll be posting early morning before she wakes up, but expect me to be kinda quiet this weekend.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #857 on: <11-13-15/2023:07> »
I finished reading the Manhattan PDF on the plane ride home on Wednesday. Posting here should improve as Tabula Rasa winds up.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #858 on: <11-14-15/0034:53> »
I'm actually not sure we need to make the trip. Since Sunrise has offices in Seattle we might be able to get what we need from there. Likely he was going there to meet someone specific, but if we can find who that was from the office in Seattle, we can possibly contact them on their commlink and get the info, or even hire out the face to face.

Or maybe who he was going to meet turns out to be the head vamp, in which case we can try luring him/her to Seattle or we can suck it up and go there.

On a separate note, can we confirm that Iki is dead? He might have cancelled the ticket before giving us access to his implanted commlink or he might have escaped/sweet-talked his way out of being dead.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #859 on: <11-27-15/1219:48> »
On a separate note, can we confirm that Iki is dead? He might have cancelled the ticket before giving us access to his implanted commlink or he might have escaped/sweet-talked his way out of being dead.

Given what 3L1 said, this would probably be wise.

Re: Tec's IC questions,  the Ueda SIN is attached to one address in Winnipeg and one in Detroit, and to an Americar registered in Detroit.  Aside from the Sunrise office in Manhattan, he doesn't seem to have any other links with that city.  Perhaps another job?  Perhaps a place to lay low for a few?

As for the MeFeed, it's pretty boring stuff.  He shares some videos, some news articles, some food pics.  The only really telling detail will be described in a short incoming IC post.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #860 on: <11-30-15/1904:28> »
A point of clarification: is the "downtown sushi restaurant" in downtown Seattle or downtown Manhattan?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #861 on: <11-30-15/2017:27> »
A point of clarification: is the "downtown sushi restaurant" in downtown Seattle or downtown Manhattan?

Seattle. I should have been more clear. Iki would probably rather not be tied to Seattle in general, but since he's flying out under a SIN, he would need to create a "paper" trail for his trip.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #862 on: <12-03-15/1940:53> »
Having trouble putting this game back on my radar for some reason.

Anyway, Rusty is giving Achak the cold shoulder and not comming back. Anything else the team wants to do before going to sleep? 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #863 on: <12-03-15/2037:42> »
Having trouble putting this game back on my radar for some reason.

Anyway, Rusty is giving Achak the cold shoulder and not comming back. Anything else the team wants to do before going to sleep?

It's cool dude. I was slackin there pretty hard for a while, not to mention you me and tec had tabula rasa goin there, too.
I'm in no hurry. I'm sure this will work out when it needs to.

also, nothin becca needs to do tonight, she's just nervous about tomorrow.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #864 on: <12-14-15/1725:34> »
Alright, team, are we moving ahead to Manhattan?  Other leads here in Seattle? @Tec, how heavy do you want Achak to lean on Rusty?  If he keeps hassling the guy, he's bound to get a response.

Anything you guys want to check in Grotto1?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #865 on: <12-14-15/1848:10> »
Achak would probably not pester Rusty, mostly because of his prejudice against trolls (and he's a bit afraid of Rusty, having already gotten his ass kicked by said troll in his background).

OOCly, I was hoping that Malevolence/Mercer would tackle the Grotto1 angle, if only because Mercer actually has the access/subscription. I suppose we could say that Achak logs on with Stake's credentials if Mal isn't available.

ICly, Achak doesn't know what to do with the sushi clue. He supposes that he could go to the sushi restaurant and ask if anyone remembers the guy, maybe ask if anyone was dining with him, but that all seems like a longshot and maybe not worth delaying their departure to Manhattan.

Achak would go claim the bounties collected from the club in the Barrens. They need the cash for traveling, plus he owes Elijah for services rendered. I don't know if you want to RP that out or just skim over it.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #866 on: <12-14-15/2050:55> »
Considering his skills as a Face, Mercer should probably handle both the Grotto1 and Sushi angle - though not going alone to the restaurant. There's also the local offices, so I'm thinking it would behoove us to delay our trip so that we can look into these things properly. Mercer also still needs to call the comm code we got off of Iki's 'link. With the holidays though, I haven't had much time to dedicate to prose, so I'm fine if someone else wants to write up the IC for one or more of those things. Otherwise, I'll try to get to it after the 18th when Tabula closes shop (I still owe a post or two there that I'm behind on).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #867 on: <12-14-15/2150:19> »
Alright, let's do a few rolls and handle this stuff in some broad strokes.

@Mal, give me an Etiquette Test on the sushi restaurant for any basic information that a visit may elicit.  If you have specific plans for what you're looking for, give those to me as well as any rolls that may help you along.  This is assuming you want to delay the trip to Manhattan.

For Grotto1, I need a list of what you're trying to find out, and how you plan on finding it out.  If you have an idea of what you want, but are unsure of how to get it, go ahead and list it, and we'll see what we can come up with.

Getting the bounty on the vampires can be abstracted.  Nobody wants to go through two or three posts for the sixth world equivalent to standing in line at the DMV.

If you're leaving for Manhattan in the morning, Abbey needs to be notified -- this can rolled into whatever IC gets you on the plane, etc.  If that's the plan, any research or other legwork you want to do on the way?  Let me know, and we'll figure out the appropriate rolls.  Remember that you have the number for a smuggler.

@Poindexter, I'm always cautious of the PvP stuff, so if the deal with Marcus starts to negatively impact the fun of the game, let me know.  I'm trying to add depth and conflict, not screw you, or the team, over. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #868 on: <12-15-15/0046:06> »
I'm always cautious of the PvP stuff, so if the deal with Marcus starts to negatively impact the fun of the game, let me know.  I'm trying to add depth and conflict, not screw you, or the team, over.

It'll be easier since Becca will be completely upfront with the team about why she's there. A lie by omission is still a lie to her.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #869 on: <12-15-15/0106:31> »
I'm always cautious of the PvP stuff, so if the deal with Marcus starts to negatively impact the fun of the game, let me know.  I'm trying to add depth and conflict, not screw you, or the team, over.

It'll be easier since Becca will be completely upfront with the team about why she's there. A lie by omission is still a lie to her.

Nice.  I look forward to seeing how that plays out.  It will also be interesting to see what Marcus thinks about that, should it come up down the line. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal