NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #555 on: <05-06-15/1206:45> »
Yes, rebooting the comms was the plan. I'll probably do it before leaving the condo, if sequencing matters.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Is there anything of immediate value or interest in the bucket of personal possessions we liberated last night? It's bugging Achak a little.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #556 on: <05-06-15/1422:01> »
I think he's at a point that he can start. I still need to finalize qualities and then balance his budget/karma, but I can do that as I go. I got slammed at work yesterday and didn't have the time I was hoping for to finish him up.

Just let me know where you need him to hail from - Texas, Denver, Seattle all have a good mix of Native American and Anglo that will work for his back story.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #557 on: <05-06-15/1457:12> »
Is there anything of immediate value or interest in the bucket of personal possessions we liberated last night? It's bugging Achak a little.

We'll need to run some extended tests when y'all got the time to do so. At an initial pass it just looks like somebody took a handful of trays down at the morgue of personal effects and dumped them in a bucket.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #558 on: <05-06-15/1911:23> »
What kind of extended tests did you want when the time comes? Perception?

Second, can you give us some insight as to what's involved in traveling with gear? I'm guessing the licenses provide a bit of flexibility but I wasn't sure if the Forbidden items complicated matters.

Or, stated another way, I'm not exactly sure how to get to the CAS (flying, I presume) with our illegal bits. Or if we have to leave them behind and find new stuff there.

Edit: Achak's thoughts would turn to smuggling, since that's his background, but I wanted to confirm what the IC understanding would be.
« Last Edit: <05-06-15/1913:36> by Tecumseh »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #559 on: <05-06-15/2004:03> »
What kind of extended tests did you want when the time comes? Perception?

Perception, Computer -- if you try to connect any dots via the matrix, and possibly some tests related to appropriate knowledge skills.

Second, can you give us some insight as to what's involved in traveling with gear? I'm guessing the licenses provide a bit of flexibility but I wasn't sure if the Forbidden items complicated matters.

Or, stated another way, I'm not exactly sure how to get to the CAS (flying, I presume) with our illegal bits. Or if we have to leave them behind and find new stuff there.

Edit: Achak's thoughts would turn to smuggling, since that's his background, but I wanted to confirm what the IC understanding would be.

Licenses will help quite a bit.  Forbidden items on a plane are a no-no, so Achak would believe that his background in smuggling could really come in handy if he wanted to get some forbidden gear to the CAS.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #560 on: <05-07-15/1229:46> »
@Mal, let's have Mercer hail from the CAS.  Also, let me know if you'd like any changes made to his intro.  Anything he thinks that would be "off" for your conception of him, etc. can be changed.

Also, I'm going to need some driving tests as you try to keep up with Tiny and the yet unnamed man as they head out in their Americar.  What would the equivalent of "Sneak" be in an automobile?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #561 on: <05-07-15/1315:09> »
Back in 4E this would have fallen under Shadowing, but evidently they decided that was too niche. For 5E, I think they decided just to group it with Sneaking and have Sneaking apply to everything, including automobiles.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #562 on: <05-07-15/1319:04> »
Back in 4E this would have fallen under Shadowing, but evidently they decided that was too niche. For 5E, I think they decided just to group it with Sneaking and have Sneaking apply to everything, including automobiles.

Do you still have people roll AGI+Sneaking, or do you use [Random drive related skill (REA) or maybe INT]+Sneaking?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #563 on: <05-07-15/1346:25> »
The only test that's listed in conjunction with vehicles is "Vehicle Skill + Reaction", so anything beyond that is open to GM interpretation.

Shadowing was linked to Intuition in 4E, so an Intuition + Sneaking test would have precedent to it. I wouldn't think that Reaction or Pilot Groundcraft are as relevant for tailing someone, but I've never done it before so I can't speak from experience.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #564 on: <05-07-15/1433:54> »
I wasn't sure if Stake is calling (voice) or texting. My IC post presumes texting.

Achak's message translates as:
"We're fine. I agree. We're going to a safe place."

then

"Stake, where did we meet the first time?"

Acceptable answers would be Ft. Lewis or Puyallup. More specifically, I imagine that they met at Kadie's, a gentleman's club in Ft. Lewis that Achak frequents.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #565 on: <05-07-15/1514:18> »
First reply: Safe place compromised.  Come here.

The pin is for a location in the southern part of the barrens.

Second reply: Quickly.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #566 on: <05-07-15/1517:32> »
Redmond Barrens or Puyallup Barrens?

I presume Redmond, as the south end if Puyallup is mostly mud and lava flows.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #567 on: <05-07-15/1525:32> »
Yes, Redmond. It's not a location that Achak is familiar with.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #568 on: <05-07-15/1700:27> »
The vehicle's autopilot rolls 12 dice for maneuvering, but only 5 dice (default) for stealth, same stealth as Mercer. I'm  not sure Grid Guide has a "follow that car option", and it certainly doesn't have a "Follow that car stealthily" option, but I'm hoping that a good Pilot program can operate independently of grid guide. If Mercer has to do the driving, he only has 3 dice (defaulting from a REA of 4). Let me know how you want to proceed and how many of each you want.

Also, I'm planning on swapping out his wood allergy. It seemed neat at the time, but he's got wood knucks, etc, and it would just get ridiculous trying to keep track of his wood exposure when he's practically always exposed to it. Just wanted to bring that up before it became relevant. Since I have 5 unspent karma, I might just go for a 5 point NQ and use the karma to make up the difference.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #569 on: <05-07-15/1705:53> »
On a related note, I'm not seeing any infected (at least not on the bounty list) that have a silver allergy/vulnerability that don't also have a similar problem with wood. This is based on the Run Faster info. Is there some house changes that make carrying silver weapons/ammo beneficial over wooden counterparts, or can I just save a bucketload of cash and ditch my sliver plated APDS rounds?

ETA: Table!

Bounties
   Species   UCAS   CAS Vulnerability Allergy
   Bandersnatchii      ¥7,500      ¥5,000    Sunlight (Mild)
   Banshees      ¥5,000      ¥5,000    Silver, Wood Sunlight (Severe)
   Dzoo-noo-qua      ¥2,500      ¥3,000    Sunlight (Moderate)
   Fomôraig      ¥1,500      ¥1,500    Air Pollution (Moderate), Sunlight (Moderate)
   Ghouls      ¥1,500      ¥1,500    Sunlight (Moderate)
   Goblins      ¥4,000      ¥4,000    Sunlight (Moderate)
   Loup-garou      ¥2,500      ¥3,500    Wolfsbane (Moderate), Sunlight (Severe)
   Nosferatu      ¥15,000      ¥15,000    Sunlight (Extreme), Wood (Severe)
   Vampires      ¥7,500      ¥6,000    Sunlight (Severe), Wood (Severe)
   Wendigos      ¥15,000      ¥15,000    Ferrous Metals (Moderate), Sunlight (Severe)
« Last Edit: <05-07-15/1717:56> by Malevolence »