NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #510 on: <04-20-15/1540:16> »
Thanks for letting us know. Crush that deadline.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #511 on: <04-21-15/1301:35> »
Crush that deadline.

Thanks.  I did.  Big relief.

So, I'm back.  Nothing awful happens overnight, well to you guys anyway.  It is Seattle.  You guys wanna post IC about church and goings on in the morning, or get straight to the meet with Duncan Abbey?

1 point of edge refreshed after a night's sleep and some eats.

3 karma base for the run (I cut karma in half, as you didn't do any legwork, but karma rewards will, in general, come at a pretty good clip.
+1 karma for not killing any club patrons
+1 karma for diffusing the situation with the yaks.
=5 karma total.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #512 on: <04-21-15/1357:28> »
Karma added, point of Edge added (now 2 remaining of 3). I also wiped the 2 boxes of stun.

I'll do a single IC post for the morning, pre-Duncan.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #513 on: <04-21-15/1626:03> »
I'll do a single IC post for the morning, pre-Duncan.

As will I.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #514 on: <04-21-15/1819:07> »
just an unrelated question.

are we writing Stake out, re-casting him, or NPCing him?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #515 on: <04-21-15/1832:00> »

As of right now, NPCing him. He'll probably have something come up that will preclude him from attending the meet, and it is probably time we discuss what we should do about filling his place. Personally, I think a 3 person team is a lot more workable than there just being 2 of you, but I'm willing to play this however you 2 would prefer. Thoughts?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #516 on: <04-21-15/1838:46> »

As of right now, NPCing him. He'll probably have something come up that will preclude him from attending the meet, and it is probably time we discuss what we should do about filling his place. Personally, I think a 3 person team is a lot more workable than there just being 2 of you, but I'm willing to play this however you 2 would prefer. Thoughts?

I'd also prefer a three man team. Any ideas of who to reach out to?

EDIT: I know a lot of people don't like playing a character they didn't make, so what if we just told someone "Look, we need a heavily cybered elf vampire hunter named Stake"? Do you think people would be more likely to go for it? That way, we don't have to write someone out, then write em back in again. We just sorta "Re-cast" the actor who played Stake, y'know?
« Last Edit: <04-21-15/1845:04> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #517 on: <04-22-15/0248:25> »
For Tabula Rasa, I'm going to give 8-bit until Thursday, which will mark two weeks since he was last on the site. I don't want to NPC him since I already have Katsina, but nor do I want to recruit. I will likely ask if anyone is comfortable running two PCs at once, which might work for a game of five players but wouldn't work well for our game of two here. And I'd feel a little naked without a third, so let's find someone if 8-bit doesn't reemerge with a good story about how he got swept up in a torrid affair with Jessica Alba.

I am liking the dynamic of Stake being the leader/strategist, with Achak as the lieutenant and Sister Rebecca as the rookie. Hopefully we could maintain that, although it would probably require a more experienced player to step in as team leader. Poindexter's approach of specifically requesting an elven face-samurai might work well if someone doesn't want to step into a pre-made character. I'm never bothered by playing other people's PCs - I actually kind of like the challenge of playing characters I didn't cook up myself - but I've heard other people compare it to wearing someone else's underwear.

As for the latest IC post, I'm making a few assumptions about where we actually are. Stake lives in a Middle lifestyle condo. This translates to an A/B security zone (with B being more commercial). Two of the more likely candidates for this would be the Elven District (current day South Lake Union) or Capitol Hill. (This map is good. You might have seen it posted under General Discussion on Sunday.) While it would certainly make sense for Stake to have a condo in the Elven District, I put him on Capitol Hill because rednblack's IC post said:

Hearing none, Stake sends the coordinates to Elijah from his comm, and the Bulldog does a 180 off Mercer and heads back east.

This actually demonstrates a good deal of familiarity with the local geography, as the Mercer Street exit (which is very near the 520 merge with I-5) does indeed exit to the west, and a 180 would take us east up to Capitol Hill. (Going straight on Mercer off the exit would put you immediately into the Elven District.)

Achak has a Low lifestyle but I had already been thinking about him living on Capitol Hill too, likely in a very small unit (~270 square feet) that would explain why he's in a Middle lifestyle neighborhood. Plus it seemed reasonable, even logical, that Achak and Stake would live fairly close to each other. Third, my wife and I might be moving to Capitol Hill this summer and I liked the symmetry.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #518 on: <04-22-15/1953:13> »
There's a gorgeous brick building on the southeast corner of 1st Ave W and Comstock Street that has condos. My wife and I wanted to buy there but there were none available when we were looking. The buildings there - especially the taller ones - have a pretty kingly view of downtown Seattle and Elliott Bay. I'm having trouble finding photos that do it justice that aren't also obnoxiously large.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #519 on: <04-22-15/2010:03> »
Also, do we have a channel for the redemption of our bounties? Is Duncan our fence for those as well, or can we claim those directly from the government? Stake and Achak both have National SINs.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #520 on: <04-22-15/2039:45> »
Also, do we have a channel for the redemption of our bounties? Is Duncan our fence for those as well, or can we claim those directly from the government? Stake and Achak both have National SINs.

As does the Sister. She is Samantha Billingsly, the UCAS bounty hunter, according to her lvl 4 fake, anyways.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #521 on: <04-22-15/2214:09> »

You can redeem your bounties directly with the authorities.  I would imagine a municipal government building would be the best bet. 

If anyone has any suggestions for who to reach out to to take 8-bit's place, please PM them to the other 2 the other player and me.  I can also just post a recruitment thread, which would be heavily biased toward Ace runners -- not that that's very foolproof. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #522 on: <04-23-15/1901:26> »
Posting my response in two parts, both for length concerns and time constraints. I'll post again later about the question of ownership.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #523 on: <04-24-15/0241:10> »
Second post is up.

A slight correction to what Duncan Abbey said about the Arrojo regime potentially being a claimant to the painting. Per the Sixth World Almanac, Arrojo's regime fell following Crash 2.0. Presumably Duncan would know this. Here's the passage from p. 204:

Ever since the collapse of the Arrojo regime in 2068, there have
been significant struggles between various megacorps jockeying to
put their people into positions of power while keeping others out.
Although this has caused some chaos, it has not brought about the
democratic reforms many of Argentina’s disenfranchised citizens have
been waiting for, and the voices of revolution have grown louder over
the past few years. Th e surging Democracia Siempre movement has
a horde of international support (including the enthusiastic, though
covert, support of many powerful Amazonians), and they are using
their resources to become a significant element in the struggle for
Argentina’s future.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #524 on: <04-27-15/1327:59> »
@Tecumseh, is there any information on who is actually controlling Argentina in the 2074/75 present?  I was basing my understanding off of the unpublished material in Shadows of Latin America.

We will retcon to avoid making Mr. Abbey wrong in this case.  He has a 6 in International Relations, after all  8)
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal