NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #360 on: <03-14-15/0127:40> »
Sister Rebecca doesn't have much Edge but by spending a point here to Push the Limit you could buy yourself 4 extra hits (and roll 2 more dice). Nevermind you hit anyway. (Base DV is 7P, -2AP.)

I'm also finding myself far more attuned to limits than I am for most games. They are certainly more relevant for prime runner builds than they are for street scum.

I'll get an IC post up that sets the stage for Sister Rebecca's strike.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #361 on: <03-14-15/0134:01> »
I only got 1 left after that re-roll last time. Gotta save that one for if something goes REALLY wrong.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #362 on: <03-14-15/0152:50> »
Sister Rebecca geeked that Zeke!
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #363 on: <03-14-15/0202:51> »
Post it good, Poindexter. I want some Christian smack talk too.

Edit: Also, gratuitous details.
« Last Edit: <03-14-15/0207:28> by Tecumseh »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #364 on: <03-14-15/0221:35> »
Post it good, Poindexter. I want some Christian smack talk too.

Edit: Also, gratuitous details.

I didn't wanna take too many liberties with how shadowrun vampires die, as I'm not terribly familiar with them just yet. I figured I'd leave its death to rednblack, in case it was meant to talk or explode or something. I only went as far as the killing blow.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #365 on: <03-14-15/0226:43> »
To be honest I'm not sure what cannon is. What I was thinkin is that a Zeke would go to the firm if it's original corpse after death. So a baby vamp might get immediately kinda ripe where a long time vamp would look practically mummified upon death. How does that feel flavor-wise for the group? I'm happy to play it a number of ways, keeping in mind that there has to be something to turn in for the bounty.

Thoughts?

Actually, this might be a good opportunity for the collaborative aspect. Poindexter, since you're the you're the first to geek one, what do you think it looks like?

@all, feel free to chime in with your opinion or canon as appropriate.
« Last Edit: <03-14-15/0230:44> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #366 on: <03-14-15/0231:19> »
I think canon is that they simply die as a regular metahuman would, but what rednblack describes is certainly within the realm of GM license. The departure of their overflow essence could be particularly remarkable on the astral.

What has to be turned in for the bounty? A "sketching"?

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #367 on: <03-14-15/1453:54> »
Actually, this might be a good opportunity for the collaborative aspect. Poindexter, since you're the you're the first to geek one, what do you think it looks like?

I kinda like the whole "dying like regular" thing unless they're really old or powerful or something. I spose then, extra special effects could apply.  I DO think there ought be a bit more blood when a vampire dies than a normal meta. Just a thought.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #368 on: <03-14-15/1630:40> »
Been at a chess tournament all day.

As for how vampires die, they don't explode into dust or anything. It probably should be emphasized that they look really strange after being dead for a few minutes. If you take a look at the descriptions in Runner's Companion for living Infected, just imagine those without a force keeping all of that looking somewhat "alive". They probably look a lot like long-dead corpses, by the time people are done with them.

That being said, I think they just kind of die. You could argue that a recently feeding vampire would nearly explode with blood (it hasn't been "processed" yet), while one who hasn't fed would be pretty empty, IMO.

I'm also not that familiar with them, to be honest. The above is just conjecture.
« Last Edit: <03-14-15/1722:02> by 8-bit »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #369 on: <03-15-15/0020:13> »
I modded the IC post
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #370 on: <03-16-15/1127:00> »
@Poindexter, I dig the modded IC post.  For added fun, why don't you make one small edit.  Instead of Japanese, the Zeke says something in Russian.

ETA: we may be out of initiative order now, depending on what Stake's plans for the next few seconds are.  We have a guy with a shotgun who was last seen heading toward the SE stairwell on the 2nd floor, a sharp shooter who's barely conscious who was last seen near the SW stairwell on the second floor, Stake who has just entered the SE stairwell on the first floor, and Achak and Becca who are near the SE stairwell on the 3rd floor.

@8-bit, how did the chess tournament go?  What openings were you using?
« Last Edit: <03-16-15/1151:28> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #371 on: <03-16-15/1436:02> »
@8-bit, how did the chess tournament go?  What openings were you using?

It went pretty well; I placed first.

I'm not exactly the best player, and my opponents were about the same level as me. About 1600-1700 in chess ratings, if that means anything to you.

As black, I prefer the Sicillian Defense, when playing against e4 (which is what was played against me). I usually go the Najdorf variation; as that's what I'm most comfortable with.

As white, I tend to jump around a bit, but I played the Ruy Lopez in one game, and in the other game I played as white, my opponent played the Nimzowitsch defense. I wasn't very familiar with the defense, so I mostly just winged it and won during the middle game.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #372 on: <03-16-15/1439:12> »
"Pretty well".

Edit: Waiting for confirmation about whether we're dropping out of initiative, although it seems like we might need to deal with the guy with the shotgun on the 2nd floor heading to the SE stairwell, since it sounds like he'll meet Achak/Rebecca if he goes up and Stake if he goes down.
« Last Edit: <03-16-15/1733:08> by Tecumseh »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #373 on: <03-17-15/2138:02> »
We're not waiting on me, are we?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #374 on: <03-18-15/1144:48> »
No, we are waiting on me. 

@8-bit, congrats, man!  I'm more like a 1400, but I understand the rating system.  Since I haven't played really in the past year and a half, I'm probably beneath that at this point. 

@Tecumseh, I think you're right about initiative order.

@All, give me a hearing based Perception Test.

CT 5 IP 2
Achak 17
Stake 10
Sister Rebecca 9
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal