NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #330 on: <03-12-15/1615:08> »
@8-bit, thanks for the clarification.

@Tecumseh, -2 for previously defended, -5 for 6 round burst leaves Vampire 1 with 2 defense dice.  He gets 1, so grazing hit.  No base damage, but he is briefly exposed to his allergen.  No regeneration for the 1P he takes unresisted.

@All, go ahead and roll initiative when you get a chance.  Hope to get an IC up soon.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #331 on: <03-12-15/1618:39> »
initiative for next go round is...
Initiative rnd 3: 2d6+8 19
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #332 on: <03-12-15/1619:44> »
Kamikaze kicks in.

Initiative (Intuition 5 + Reaction 4 + 5d6 - Wounds 1): 8+5d6 20 [1, 3, 4, 2, 2]

Bollocks.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #333 on: <03-12-15/1641:28> »
@Tecumseh, -2 for previously defended, -5 for 6 round burst leaves Vampire 1 with 2 defense dice.  He gets 1, so grazing hit.  No base damage, but he is briefly exposed to his allergen.  No regeneration for the 1P he takes unresisted.

I would imagine only -1 for previously defended (just Rebecca's blocked attack) and I only used a 3-round burst, not 6-round. When I was saying 6-rounds I was doing the cumulative recoil calculation between IP2 and IP3.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #334 on: <03-12-15/1651:51> »
I would imagine only -1 for previously defended (just Rebecca's blocked attack) and I only used a 3-round burst, not 6-round. When I was saying 6-rounds I was doing the cumulative recoil calculation between IP2 and IP3.

he also may still have some - from the nade earlier.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #335 on: <03-12-15/1719:44> »
I am going out on a limb to guess that a 27 allows me to act first. I suppose a vampire could use Edge to Blitz or act first in the pass, but failing that there shall be beatings, Inshallah.

Oh man, I'm getting nervous to roll these days. I just added up my rolls to date. Total is 95 hits on 348 dice, for 27%. Ouch. Highlights include:

Perception: 39 of 140 for 28%
Clubs: 17 of 67 for 25%
Dodge: 9 of 41 for 22%
Sneaking: 3 of 30 for 10%
Shooting: 3 of 17 for 18%

I need to regress to the mean, and hard. Let's see if we can bludgeon the undead into the post-afterlife.

Agility 5 + Clubs 6 + Specialization 2 + 3 weapon focus + 1 Friends in Melee: 17d6t5 5 hits

Normally I would be pleased with 5 hits but here I can't help but think that it's still below average.

Base DV is 9P. AP is 0 because I'm going to try to break off the wooden stake/head on the club if I land a hit. See this post for reference.

Stake breaks off? Breaking wooden stake: 1d6t5 0, nope, my average sinks further

Reach is 1 so Vampire is at -1 in addition to other negative modifiers, including previously defended.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #336 on: <03-13-15/1115:32> »
CT 5 IP 1
Achak 27
Stake 20
Sister Rebecca 19
Vampire 1 16
AY 10

For Achak's attack, I have -1 Previously defended (Becca), -1 Previously defended (Achak) -1 Reach = -3.  Am I counting that right?

If so, Vampire is taking -5 to Initiative for Block (updated in initiative list) and scores 5 successes.  Achak gets a glancing a hit.

Stake and Sister Rebecca are up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #337 on: <03-13-15/1139:21> »
Well, where can I run to? Do I need a Perception check?

Basically, I don't really feel like staying behind a bar with bottles of alcohol that are about to explode on me.

Also, I'm going to try and get these bartenders out of here. They really don't need to be in this crossfire anymore. Can I safely cover for them so they can run, or am I going to have to lie through my teeth?

Also, just OOC, where the hell is the third Vampire? Is he just a deep sleeper? Something tells me he isn't. Let's just hope he doesn't make an escape.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #338 on: <03-13-15/1155:59> »
Stake is currently at the southeast corner of the first floor.  The stairs leading to the second are mostly in front of him, and he could leave cover and reach the stairs in 1 pass.  There are some yakuza on the ground, though most of the club goers have fled.  The yaks would constitute difficult terrain, but Stake doesn't think they'll put up any fight by the looks of them.  You could send the bartenders either out the front door -- where they would have to leave cover and traverse quite a bit of open flooring until they reached the exit, or he could direct them down the stairs toward the basement, where they wouldn't leave cover for long at all. 

Stake could also head to the southwest stairwell, keeping mostly under the balcony, and neither he nor the armored yaks would have shots, unless the armored yaks back-tracked to get them. 

As for the 3rd vampire, no signs yet.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #339 on: <03-13-15/1207:45> »
All right, I'm going to head towards the stairs. That will get me out of the suppressive fire, correct? Do I still have line of sight to shoot that guy?

My first thought was to send the bartenders down through the basement, but I don't want them trying to leave through the basement and get shot by Elijah's drones. I'll just order them to stay put where they are, and move after I've attracted the shooters' attention again.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #340 on: <03-13-15/1238:11> »
Plan with bartenders should work. Also, I don't know how it escaped me before but you could send them out the front door. Shooters will probably e busy focusing on Stake.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #341 on: <03-13-15/1242:31> »
So, what kind of test do you want me to do to convince them?

Also, do I still have line of sight after running to the stairs to shoot any of the AY?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #342 on: <03-13-15/1512:46> »
Stake will still have a shot at the yak with the machine pistols. Also, with Stake in the stairwell there is no natural light hitting him so said yak will be unable to return fire as a silencer eliminates muzzle blast.

Since the Bartenders are already under Stake's influence give me a Leadership roll.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #343 on: <03-13-15/1600:44> »
CT 5; Action Pass 1; Acting on Initiative 20

Move Action - Move towards stairwell (Does this put me into the running range? It affects a few things, if it does)
Free Action - Command Bartenders
Simple Action - Take Aim (+1 Accuracy, +1 die)
Simple Action - Fire Semi-Automatic Shot at Machine Pistol AY

Commanding the Bartenders (Leadership 1 + Charisma 8 + Tailored Pheromones 3 + First Impression 2 - Wounds 1): 13d6t5 4 [1, 2, 1, 1, 5, 6, 3, 4, 1, 6, 4, 5, 3]

Waiting on the running question before rolling the attack.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #344 on: <03-13-15/1659:40> »
Move: none
Complex action: Melee attack V1
free: none, save maybe some battle talk with the vampire.

Cut the abomination! (Agi 8 + Blades 4 + spec 2 - 2 astral distraction): 12d6t5 3

dun look good.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english