NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #315 on: <03-12-15/1237:27> »
Stake is at Initiative 8.  Even at -2 he's at 6, so ok to lose 5 and be at 1.  So Stake Hits the Dirt, ducking back behind the bar just as the shots come his way.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #316 on: <03-12-15/1238:44> »
I meant being at Initiative 8, -10 for taking my turn, and being at -2 Initiative.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #317 on: <03-12-15/1243:22> »
I meant being at Initiative 8, -10 for taking my turn, and being at -2 Initiative.

I believe initiative is only reduced at the end of each pass.  If not, that's how we're playing it.  Otherwise, there's the risk of penalizing high initiative characters
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #318 on: <03-12-15/1245:43> »
Ah, all right then. I'll use Hit the Dirt, since I have the Initiative for it.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #319 on: <03-12-15/1258:41> »
Rednblack is correct. From p. 159:

Once all characters have acted, subtract 10 from all characters’ Initiative Scores and return to step 2 for all characters with an Initiative Score greater than 0.

I probably would have gotten that wrong if they had asked it on the GM Test.

Achak dodge roll: Reaction 7 + Intuition 6 + Combat Sense 1: 14d6t5 1 hit

Ugh. Edge reroll FOR REAL THIS TIME: 13d6t5 2 hits

Ugh. Didn't even get any 6s to reroll, per the houserules. 3 hits total. 2 of 3 Edge remaining.

Wednesdays are almost always my busiest day. I am not going to complain about a lack of activity on Wednesdays.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #320 on: <03-12-15/1329:04> »
Ok, so from becca's point of view, nothing has changed since her last action, except the vampire in the hallway went down, right?
As fas as she can see, everyone is still in the same place?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #321 on: <03-12-15/1334:29> »
Achak also get 1 die for receiving a charge: +1 Receiving Charge: 1d6t5 0  No luck.

Achak has 6P, 0AP base coming his way, staged to 9P for net hits.  Roll a Soak Test.

@Poindexter, the vampire that Becca first shot the nade at -- the one who fled into an apartment -- has re-entered the hallway, and clocked Achak with a ferocious right hook.  In the Astral, Becca sees that this is a magical attack.  Looks like Vampire 1 has some sort of Adept awakened powers at his disposal.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #322 on: <03-12-15/1403:41> »
can I take two free actions if one of them is to simply drop a weapon, not even to gecko grip it and the other is to send a message through a trode issued DNI?

Either way, here's her action.
move: I don't imagine she needs to to get within melee range of this guy, but if she does it can't be far, right?
complex action: melee attack the vampire.
free: if i can do two, I'll drop the launcher and message stake. If I can only do one, I'll gecko-grip the launcher and save the status update for later.

No matter what, the attack roll against V1 is...

Cut the abomination! (Agi 8 + Blades 4 + spec 2 - 2 astral distraction): 12d6t5 2

crappy, so here goes her first edge to re-roll the misses.

Edge number 1: 10d6t5 2

used the wrong code, so I have a 6 to re-roll.

whoops: 1d6h6 0

used the wrong code again, but i did roll a 5, so that's one more hit, for a grand total of 5, which i guess aint bad.

DAMMIT I'm stupid, cause I...

Forgot the sword was a force 3 weapon focus: 3d6t5 1

But then 2 of those misses woulda re-rolled from the edge: 2d6h5 2

for a grand total of eight hits. sword does 7p -2ap.

EDIT: I may have gotten the rule wrong and if so, i do not actually have exploding sixes, which costs me 1 hit, leaving me with 7 rather than 8.
« Last Edit: <03-12-15/1411:31> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #323 on: <03-12-15/1408:40> »
I had checked the rules about receiving a charge. Evidently the defensive bonus only applies if you have a delayed action that you are holding. From p. 189:

If the defender has a Delayed Action
to use against a charge they gain a +1
to his defense against a charging attacker.

Okay Achak, deep breath, time to shake off the cobwebs. Not a friendly game of Tag here.

Body 3 + Full Body Armor 15 + Helmet 3: 21d6t5 7 hits, statistically average! an improvement

Damage does not exceed armor rating so it's Stun instead of Physical. Achak takes 2S.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #324 on: <03-12-15/1423:57> »
I had checked the rules about receiving a charge. Evidently the defensive bonus only applies if you have a delayed action that you are holding. From p. 189:

Good to know.  thanks.

@Poindexter, 2 free actions is fine if Becca has DNI.  If not, I'd rather limit to 1 in this case.  What's the Accuracy of Becca's sword?

Vampire 1 uses Block Interrupt action and 1 edge to re-roll failures, and successfully blocks The Sword of Gabriel . . . barely.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #325 on: <03-12-15/1436:18> »
2 free actions is fine if Becca has DNI.  If not, I'd rather limit to 1 in this case.  What's the Accuracy of Becca's sword?

1- cool. She DOES have a DNI though trodes, but i still dont think she could send mental orders to both the gecko grip AND send a message. Dropping the launcher and sending a message seems more appropriate. One physical free action and one mental one, y'know?

2- the accuracy of the sword is 6. whoops, so 6 hits. I probably should have looked at the errata for some of the cougar fineblades, as they might have suited me better, but whatever. OH WAIT! since I used edge, don't I ignore the accuracy limit anyways?

Vampire 1 uses Block Interrupt action and 1 edge to re-roll failures, and successfully blocks The Sword of Gabriel . . . barely.

Is he armed with a melee weapon or did he do this bare handed? I'm just curious for the special effects team. :)
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #326 on: <03-12-15/1507:05> »
@Poindexter, he blocked bare-handed.  I think edge only ignores limits when you pre-edge.  Page 56, says Second Chance has no effect on limits.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #327 on: <03-12-15/1509:01> »
@Poindexter, he blocked bare-handed.  I think edge only ignores limits when you pre-edge.  Page 56, says Second Chance has no effect on limits.

It also ignores limits if you use Push the Limit after the roll. Second Chance, though, does not ignore limits.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #328 on: <03-12-15/1520:16> »
It also ignores limits if you use Push the Limit after the roll. Second Chance, though, does not ignore limits.

ah, ok  i was thinking of push the limit, which is NOT what I was doing. So 7 hits, reduced to 6 from the limit.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #329 on: <03-12-15/1532:57> »
I suppose action is to me for IP3 then.

Simple: Burst Fire at Vampire
Free: Drop Ares Crusader + Message Stake via DNI
Simple: Ready Weapon - Gunstock War Club

This burst will put me at 6 shots for recoil. I get 1 free point + 2 from Strength + 2 Gas Vent + 1 Shock pad = 6 total, so I think I can shoot this pass without a recoil modifier. I am in melee combat, so that's a fun -3, but I don't have the -3 from the moderate smoke/dust anymore.

Agility 5 + Automatics 6 + Smartlink 1 - 3 in melee combat: 9d6t5 1 hit, the magic continues
I forgot to use Called Shot. I'm at -1 due to my Sharpshooter quality when not calling a shot. Subtract a hit?: 1d6t5 0, no

Shooting wooden flechette. Base damage code is 7P + 2 flechette = 9P +5AP, -2 to dodge from burst. Clip has 34 of 40 shots remaining.

But I'm still fast, right??? Initiative: 3d6+13 27, very fast