NEWS

Panzerknacker [OOC]

• 355 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #105 on: <10-19-16/1533:23> »
Ok, I've added a sentence each to the profiles.

Hopefully that gives you ideas how to delay, repel or distract the other buyers.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #106 on: <10-19-16/1616:57> »
You're awesome, thanks :)

Do you have already something about bnc's Matrix search? The one she scored thousands of hits with Anna's help.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <10-19-16/1702:37> »
One piece at a time. Setting up the right mix of relevant data and red herings is an art form. Especially since you won't be able to get answers to all those questions through a simple search check.

But let's see:

- Who else is interested in the sale?
No-one you can find online - which doesn't mean anything. Tom could have told any number of people directly without using his commlink. But since you are in the round with his close friend, it's likely you get your chance before the other potential renters.

- Has there been any communication between them and the vendor?
That question should be answered by your hack (unless you mean someone else with vendor. I am speaking of Tom Masterson, the landlord)

- Has there been any communication between Mr. Schmitt and the vendor?
None that you could find. And Schmitt certainly doesn't want any direct connection between himself and the boat house. That's why he hired you after all.

- How is the decision going to be made? Is there anything known about the process?
or the criteria?
None that you can find. But you can guess that it's going to be the usual: Stable financial situation, good conduct with the property and its upkeep, sympathetic first impression with Tom and his wife, implying to be a good connection for their interests and jobs.

- Who else has got a say in the decision? Can the family veto? Or his wife?
They both have to agree on a renter. The family would have to prevent you from signing the lease - which they only could if they were present. Once that is done they'd have to go to court to get you out - which isn't likely to be successful from their perspective.
talk think matrix

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #108 on: <10-20-16/1638:03> »
Hey all, just poking my head in to apologize for being a little quiet this week. Excuses aside, I aim to have an IC post up before the end of the night tonight.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <10-22-16/1414:49> »
Hi, Jack does Anna have enough

Assuming that Anna would like to impersonate/disguise I'll roll some dice.

Improve intuition (for disguise): 15d6t5 7
drain: 10d6t5 1 1 drain intuition is raised by 4.

Disuguise: 15d6t5 3  - not her brightest roll. Anyone with high intuition... please help me out in here.

If she get to also augment her disguise with impersonation:  Now Anna will probably approach Whitman with an active improve charisma spell - but I have not rolled it yet, I'll add dice before she actually go.
(do not want to be too speculative before I know if Anna has enough material to attempt impersonation in the first place).

Impersonation: 9d6t5 7

- wow nice!

So with impersonation (providing they are similar enough for disguise/impersonation) 10 hits means that most observers are incapable of telling the difference between the two. (due to mental limit) it will not fool forensic but should be enough for our needs.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <10-23-16/0730:02> »
With your skills it really is no problem to impersonate her - especially since Whitman has likely never seen Tschernenko before in person.

For you disguise roll: Teamwork guys: Even if you don't have it, roll INT-1 to help her with her outfit.  ;)
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #111 on: <10-23-16/0904:24> »
What would be the impact of a critical glitch on a teamwork check?
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <10-23-16/0915:23> »
Are you speaking hypothetical?

"If any assistant rolls a critical glitch, then the leader receives no adjustments to the relevant limit, in addition to the regular effects of a critical glitch. A glitch prevents that assistant from adding an adjustment to the limit."

In that case I'd say you were a bit to enthusiastic with adding something to the disguise and poked her in the eye or drew blood.
« Last Edit: <10-23-16/1013:06> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <10-23-16/0946:18> »
That is going to be hilarious!

Jack is there a way to try again (with -2 I think?) because it seems that that miserable roll is not going anywhere. I rolled the six possible cooperation dice:
 disguise cooperation: 6d6t5 0

(Alternatively, I'll just spend some edge, but we do not seem in any sort of hurry.).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <10-23-16/0954:20> »
Sure, standard retry -2
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #115 on: <10-23-16/0959:35> »
2nd try seems more reasonable, I'll keep it:
retry disguise: 13d6t5 4
retry cooperation: 6d6t5 2

Anna needs 3 additional dice to upgrade her (2nd try disguise from 4 to 6).

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #116 on: <10-23-16/1326:23> »
Are you speaking hypothetical?

"If any assistant rolls a critical glitch, then the leader receives no adjustments to the relevant limit, in addition to the regular effects of a critical glitch. A glitch prevents that assistant from adding an adjustment to the limit."

In that case I'd say you were a bit to enthusiastic with adding something to the disguise and poked her in the eye or drew blood.
Rolling 1-2 dice makes you wonder about these kind of things.

Wait... Oh right Int is intuition and not intelligence (can you tell i play pathfinder?). I have a better one of those.

Disguise Assist (Int-1): 4d6t5 2
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #117 on: <10-23-16/1331:33> »
Grazia Signor Slobber.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #118 on: <10-25-16/0115:29> »
bnc won't add her dice though she'd have a pool of 4 as well, since she's busy and I can't picture her picking clothes ... um, for someone else, that is :D
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #119 on: <10-25-16/1709:55> »
Hey all, just poking my head in to apologize for being a little quiet this week. Excuses aside, I aim to have an IC post up before the end of the night tonight.

Are you all right, chummer?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"