NEWS

[SR6] Power Points, Magic and Physical Adepts

• 81 Replies

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #75 on: <08-14-19/2017:31> »
My opinion is that I don't believe it was intentional that Adepts don't get Power Points when raising magic in chargen but they do when raising magic post-chargen.  But yes as for now it's unfortunately a bit murky.... although less so for Mystic Adepts (pretty clear they don't!).

That being said, the good news is there's an active errata team and we're still hard at work even after the hotfix ;)
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <08-15-19/0815:10> »
My opinion is that I don't believe it was intentional that Adepts don't get Power Points when raising magic in chargen but they do when raising magic post-chargen.  But yes as for now it's unfortunately a bit murky.... although less so for Mystic Adepts (pretty clear they don't!).

That being said, the good news is there's an active errata team and we're still hard at work even after the hotfix ;)

Good to hear! Will be buying the PDF version of SR6 when it drops. I assume the PDF will be updated in 'batches' once errata/hotfixes calm down and address most issues? Any word on the plans to keep PDFs updated?

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #77 on: <08-15-19/0827:01> »
I do believe that's the plan, however I'm not an authority on product releases.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Alrician

• Newb
« Reply #78 on: <10-21-19/0739:43> »
Is there any update if and when this will be clarified? Will the German version of the core rule book be more clear about adepts, pp and such?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #79 on: <10-21-19/0832:29> »
If Pegasus changes anything while it's not confirmed for the english version, it will most likely be basically their own houserules.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Arkas

• Newb
« Reply #80 on: <10-21-19/0853:44> »
Will the German version of the core rule book be more clear about adepts, pp and such?

Yes it will be. However, as Michael already pointed out, it has limits of what it can do, as it does rely on CGL input. Thus, there will not yet be a fix for the terrible power point situation for charGen in there.

Alrician

• Newb
« Reply #81 on: <10-22-19/0951:55> »
Will the German version of the core rule book be more clear about adepts, pp and such?

Yes it will be. However, as Michael already pointed out, it has limits of what it can do, as it does rely on CGL input. Thus, there will not yet be a fix for the terrible power point situation for charGen in there.

Thank you both. Since I am a German, such a "house rule" will suffice.