NEWS

How is the legal (real world) backround for translation of SR materials

• 1 Replies

Seras

• Chummer
« on: <01-12-19/1721:24> »
Hi guys,

I'm not sure in which forum to put this, so it goes here. I'm a native american/german so I am fluent in both languages. A few people have given their interest in reading german source material from Pegasus about Berlin mostly, but also Hamburg and the Troll republic.

I would like to translate some of the materials, however I also understand that CGL and Pegasus do this work to pay their bills.

And last thing I want is to put myself or other people !! in legal trouble.

How is the legal arrangement between CGL and Pegasus ?

How would voluntiering work ?

Who would I you ask for permission ?

Thanks Seras

I apologise for my posts beeing weird to read, I am fluent in english, but almost never write in english anymore :-(

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-13-19/1109:02> »
Pegasus has the rights to produce SR in German. I am not sure re the rights of the German-only produced context. I don't think that CGL has a direct rights/access to them...which would mean agreements/etc before you'd ever see any released in English. I've raised this topic in the past and was told it just wasn't an area of focus for them at that time.

There have been "fan-translations" that have popped up over time, but they are not formally licensed. I'm thinking your best point of contact would be Pegasus Press...they may have opportunities working on their current releases and would likely be able to advise re translations of their German-only releases.