NEWS

Trigger Talk

• 428 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #420 on: <05-28-11/1823:06> »
I can't photoshop the two together.
Thats ok, I never expected you to photoshop them together, you've got 5 days. Make it happen.  :P (jk)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #421 on: <05-28-11/2133:34> »

Booya.

-k

Cass100199

• Chummer
  • Truth hurts only if you're a dumba**.
« Reply #422 on: <05-28-11/2138:47> »

Booya.

-k

If you play a troll and don't immediately beg your Gm for this, then you should have to start over  and play a gnome.
You can't tell me what toys I can play with.

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #423 on: <06-02-11/0138:11> »
Here's an awesome video of future runners!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #424 on: <06-02-11/0236:05> »
Here's an awesome video of future runners!
Already got a good start on the Pink Mohawk style of gameplay.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

savaze

• Omae
« Reply #425 on: <07-02-11/2157:36> »
Here's so more fun gun videos...

Glock 18 with more than enough rounds to do whatever... Tacticool AR-15 spoof - classic - And finally, an Eliza Dushku clip in the spirit of SR.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #426 on: <07-02-11/2204:13> »
Oh man, the Tacti-Cool...

Anyhow, here's what I want when I go Canada Goose hunting.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

savaze

• Omae
« Reply #427 on: <07-03-11/0058:28> »
The rate of fire on the AA-12 is absurd, but I wouldn't complain if I had one...

Deliverator

• Chummer
« Reply #428 on: <07-03-11/1408:04> »

Weapons can only take so many modifications.  Since only fully automatic weapons can be converted to HV, one has to modify the Barret to full auto first (taking 4 of 6 "slots"), then modify it for HV (taking the remaining 2 slots).  By doing this, it is not really a sniper rifle, and is now a HMG.

Which, of course, references a previous gripe I had with the damage codes of both the sniper rifle and HMG.  It makes no sense that the sniper rifle does more damage than an HMG with a longer barrel and the same ammunition.  Weapon accuracy is represented by both the range of the weapon and the proficiency of the shooter, it shouldn't get "bonus damage" simply by virtue of being a sniper rifle.  For example, the Browning M2 has comparable range to many modern sniper rifles, and comparable accuracy.

Bumping the HMG damage up a point or two or dropping the sniper rifle down a point makes more sense, and it avoids ridiculous situations like the one mentioned, where someone makes a Vulcan cannon out of a single shot precision weapon.

and considering that the M2 and the Barret use the exact same round that makes sense, and considering that a marine came up with the idea of a .50cal sniper rifle, is just icing on the cake.

my personal preference is the AS-7 with a customized load depending on the situation, (flechette for sewer work, EX-explosive for armored foes) a Salvette Guardian with EX explosive as a standard sidearm, and a silenced AP3 with standard rounds. Then again i tend to tailor my loadouts for the mission.

And considering the m107 (civilian moniker M82) was thought up AFTER Carlos Hathcock killed a man in vietnam with a browning M2 with his optic attached using a custom bracket at 2,286 yards. In fact I believe the barret prototype used a browning M2 barrel to begin with. It is the same round in a different gun. I don't care how much better your workmanship is any round of ammunition within spec can only do so much no matter what weapon it is in.