NEWS

Fake Sin and Fake License.

• 2 Replies

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« on: <09-03-20/1542:43> »
I have question on Fake Sins and Licensees.

In a previous edition, I believe you took 2x Fake rating + (Con or Influence of player) vs Con/Influence + Intuition of person checking.  I am traveling and don’t have those books in front of me. 

I maybe missing it in the rule book.  How does the SIN/License affect a player, say at a traffic stop?  I have looked p272-273, (I have that PDF with me), but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks
SL
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-03-20/1554:17> »
There is no mechanic given for sussing out a fake SIN/license in the 6e CRB.

In 5e, the traffic cop (or cash register, or who/whatever) would employ a verification device.  The rating of the Fake SIN/License set a threshold that the verification device must beat.  The verification device rolls its own ratingx2 in dice.  1+ net hit burns the Fake SIN/License.  0 net hits (i.e. hitting the threshold exactly) results in the verification device alerting the operator to inquire more deeply, triggering a social encounter.  Or not, as many operators (like Stuffer Shack checkout clerks) might prefer to just authorize the transaction and get on with their shift rather than deal with the fuss.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <09-03-20/1808:57> »
SSDR,

Thanks, that was what I was thinking.  Guess I will keep running it that way,  unless anyone has any suggestions.

Regards,
SL
Si vis pacem, para bellum