NEWS

Double Clutch Discussion

• 39 Replies

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <10-15-21/1049:28> »
Keeps it toasty so you don't have to wait for the heater to kick in.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <10-22-21/1129:10> »
From inside the car? Must be distracting to the other passengers...
That would be!  :)
Lucky for them they are working from the outside in......

Keeps it toasty so you don't have to wait for the heater to kick in.
LOL!

I just want this to happen in my game sometime! ;D
« Last Edit: <10-22-21/1133:52> by cantrip »

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #32 on: <10-25-21/1427:03> »

I just want this to happen in my game sometime! ;D

If someone burned edge to dodge a missile then for sure you want to describe it in as epic a way as possible.  They are out a lot of karma, they can at least get a good story in return :)

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #33 on: <10-29-21/0910:07> »
Should vans (and maybe SUVs) be included in "trucks" for the +4 CF bonus? I find it odd by strict reading they are not.
« Last Edit: <10-29-21/1612:04> by KarmaInferno »

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <10-29-21/2259:03> »
Also tricking out the Opossum II drone to make it a shiva cyberarm backpack is just amusing.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <11-08-21/2112:55> »
Not exactly an errata, but...

The SK Aerospace Blitz MkII is described in Double Clutch as "The fastest unmanned air vehicle in production", yet it's actually the second SLOWEST aerial Large Drone in the game, only beaten out for last place by the Dalmatian.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <12-12-21/2023:14> »
So, is the flying wing thing the rigger is standing atop on the back cover of Double Clutch just an artist's interpretation of the AA personal glider, or meant to be another vehicle entirely?

Voran

• Newb
  • Voran from Dumpshock. Making the move.
« Reply #37 on: <04-03-22/1348:04> »
I'm always glad for rigger stuff, though I do wish at times there were some more pictures to get a sense of what things look like.  I mean sure, with the given stats you don't really need to know what something looks like, and theory wise you can compare stuff to real world, like, "Hm Ares Warmaster must be bigger then a bradley or stryker due to how many people it can fit, and it says its half-track, so it maybe looks something like the Docwagon variant we had an image for in one of the older books, but yknow...more military."

Or community art, "Oh, this looks like the batmobile tumbler had a baby with the Colonial Marines APC from aliens, I can use that."

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <06-02-22/2123:48> »
Does Standard Equipment consume mod slots, where appropriate, or are they considered "designed in"?
I didn't see an answer in Double Clutch.  I assumed they were "designed in", but Genesis has them consuming space.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <06-02-22/2231:45> »
Does Standard Equipment consume mod slots, where appropriate, or are they considered "designed in"?
I didn't see an answer in Double Clutch.  I assumed they were "designed in", but Genesis has them consuming space.

They do not consume slots. 

I believe they do so in Genesis because (I believe) the German language translation of Double Clutch DOES have built-in mods consume slots (ala 5e R5.0).
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.