NEWS

[Resource][Spell]Smite [Infected]

• 3 Replies

Bastwolf

• Newb
« on: <08-09-12/0141:09> »
Hey Everyone!

Recently I came up with an idea for two new spells specific to the infection characters.

Smite [Infected] (Direct)
DV: (F/2)+1   Type: Mana   Range: LOS    Damage: Physical (special)    Durration: Instant
[Infected] Retribution (Direct, Area)
DV: (F/2)+3   Type: Mana   Range: LOS(A)   Damage: Physical (special)    Durration: Instant

These variants of Slay/ Slaughter are specific to Infected Metavariants and when taken, the magician dictates which infected the spell will target. Damage from Smite/ Retribution can only be healed by mundane means. If the damage from Smite/ Retribution is greater than twice a characters body, they become incapacitated for Force/2 turns. Smite is a single target spell while Retribution is an area spell.
« Last Edit: <08-15-12/0111:09> by Bastwolf »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <08-09-12/1301:01> »
One slight change, for clarification's sake. Change "Infected with the Regeneration quality cannot regenerate damage from Smite/ Retibution, but the damage can be healed magically." to "Infected with the Regeneration quality cannot regenerate damage from Smite/ Retibution, but the damage can be healed normally." This still accomplishes your goal of having it be effective against Infected with Regeneration, but allows them to heal at normal healing rates, through use of a medkit/first aid, or through magical means. Doesn't make much sense for an infected without Regeneration to be able to heal the damage by resting up, while one with Regeneration has to rely solely on a magical cure. Especially since you can only use magic once per set of wounds.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-09-12/2036:49> »
Remember that the regeneration power doesn't work on magical damage.  So not being able to regenerate the damage from Smite [Infected] is actually how any combat spell would work.  You don't need the additional wordage.

Bastwolf

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-09-12/2234:04> »
Oh... I did not know that lol