NEWS

[Resource][Spell]SURGEd

• 2 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <07-15-12/0741:03> »
SURGEd (Manipulation Spell)
Type: Physical. Range: LOS. Duration: Sustained. Drain: (Force/2)+5 (Physical +1, LOS +0, Sustained +0, Physical Manipulation +0, Major Change +2, Major Change +2)

This innovative spell allows the caster to temporarily 'gift' the target with 5 x Net Hits BP of Positive Metagenic qualities (Max 35 BP) or 5xHits BP of Negative Metagenic qualities (Max 35 BP). The caster must choose whether to gift the target with Positive or Negative qualities at the time of casting, before the Spellcasting test. After the caster has chosen an appropriate amount of qualities to gift the target with, the game master then picks an equal amount of qualities to gift the target with, of the opposite type. (If the caster gave the target positive qualities, the game master would give them negative qualities, and vice versa.) Only Metagenic qualities may be chosen by this spell. The target gains the full benefit and penalty of these qualities for the duration of the spell, which revert when the spell ends.

Note: Yes, the choice to have the game master decide the opposing type of qualities is deliberate, and consciously intended as a check on players who would abuse the spell. No, the caster cannot 'mix' positive and negative qualities with the same application of the spell. Yes, the spell is resisted by Body (+ Counterspelling, if applicable).
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #1 on: <07-15-12/0953:11> »
I like it, but I'd make the GM's input equal to half the caster's, just so the spell doesn't bite you in the ass, and to keep it in line with the SURGE qualities.

Edited for typos
« Last Edit: <07-15-12/2046:05> by ArkangelWinter »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <07-15-12/1347:08> »
As I said, I put it as equal to the changes wrought, in no small part to cut down on potential abuse. Afterall, things like Arcane Arrester, Glamour, Astral Hazing, and Insectoid Features are metagenic qualities, and these can have some severe impacts on game play.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters