NEWS

[Salt Lake City] The Whole Valley

• 2 Replies

EltonJ

• Newb
« on: <03-28-16/2328:17> »
This is the link to the map of the Salt Lake Valley I'm using for my players for my campaign I'm starting:
http://static-sothebys-summitsir-production.gabriels.net/resources/v_3_9_3_12/siteresources/my%20folder/images/maps/salt-lake-valley-community-map.jpg

The game starts on April tenth, so after the players recover the MacGuffin on the first mission, new missions start with a new fixer, the Changeling Surge III that looks like a lizard man.

The background count is back to zero.  FanPro's reasoning for it to be permanent mana ebb -3 was stupid.  Here's some of the rest of the background I'm using:

Where everyone lives in Salt Lake City.  I can't believe this, I'm Building the barebones of a supplement.  Hurrah.  Anyhow.
Lets start with Orcs and Trolls.  They mostly live in the following suburbs: Magna, Kearns, South Salt Lake, and Millcreek.  Along with humans.
Humans mostly live in West Valley City, Taylorsville, Midvale, Murray, Herriman, and Bluffdale.  Dwarves are found in West Jordan, Magna, Copperton, Riverton, and Sandy.  The Elves are found in Sandy, Draper, Cottonwood Heights, Holliday, and North Salt Lake.

Salt Lake City's government encourages education, so it's literacy rates tends to be higher than average in than in most parts in the PCC.  Salt Lake City is the home of many respected companies including USANA Health Sciences and Adobe (which moved their offices to Salt Lake City after Crash 2.0).

The University of Utah has two departments dedicated to the study of Hermetic Thaumaturgy.  One for Applied Thaumaturgy and the other for Theoretical Thaumaturgical studies. Most that graduate from the first usually are Awakened Magicians who find themselves work with respected Corporations.  Those who study in the second field find little work and will usually find themselves teaching or working on ley lines feng shui.

Shamans
As for Shamans.  They usually find a spirit or a shaman of themselves to teach them the ways.
----------------------
The rest is for my eyes and players' eyes only.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #1 on: <04-01-16/1038:19> »
Actually, in SR pretty much all of the LDS enclave - SLC and Provo - would be aspected towards LDS theurgy; mildly across most of the area, but strongly (very strongly) at the temples.  (And I personally never agreed with anything that was done wth the enclave, or with how the Church handled magic.  Unfortunately, it'd take a pretty strong monkeywrenching to make my ideas of how it WOULD work to fit into current SR magic systems - which means that I'm still working on it.)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

EltonJ

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-02-16/1840:26> »
Actually, in SR pretty much all of the LDS enclave - SLC and Provo - would be aspected towards LDS theurgy; mildly across most of the area, but strongly (very strongly) at the temples.  (And I personally never agreed with anything that was done wth the enclave, or with how the Church handled magic.  Unfortunately, it'd take a pretty strong monkeywrenching to make my ideas of how it WOULD work to fit into current SR magic systems - which means that I'm still working on it.)

Quite true.  But I'm playing it straight in my game because I don't want to force it down my player's throats.  So I downplay it and just mention that the U of U has a dept. of Hermetic Thaumaturgy and the Shamans are left to themselves.  The last time I tried to handle it, I got a virtual slap in the face for making the Church look bad.  I was specifically told not to do it, so in my game it's all up in the air.  Oh but the things I want to do to the PCC and to make the enclave to become more Sovereign with a magic styled Reckoning.  I don't like how the PCC operates.  Worse than the Azzies in some respects.

Sorry to leave you in the Lurch at the moment, but if you ever need help just PM me for ideas.