NEWS

User generated back story

• 4 Replies

Nevyn

• Chummer
  • We are all ready to be savage in some cause
« on: <06-24-15/0951:56> »
Hi,

I have been creating a, rather large, scenario and part of that was writing an introduction to the run, which is itself a run.

I was wondering, would you as GMs and players like to play it out knowing that the end is a foregone conclusion? So - for example - I/we are aware that, out of the 9 runners, only one survives (or is that true?). Not all of the 9 runners would be PCs.

So - would you / your players be up for a, almost guaranteed, death spiral?
speaking out loud
matrix actions/communication
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-24-15/1019:29> »
Sure. If I knew going into the game that my character was either guaranteed or almost guaranteed to die, that would be part of my expectation so I wouldn't be disappointed when it happened.

It'd be similar to knowingly creating a character with the Borrowed Time quality. At some point you're going to kick the bucket, and as long as you're aware of that fact you can prepare yourself for it. Besides, shadowrunning is a dangerous occupation; I firmly believe players should have an expectation that death might come for your character at some point. You can invoke Hand of God to save your character in most situations, but it's not going to save you in all of them (including Borrowed Time).

Nevyn

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <06-25-15/0745:51> »
Thank you Herr Brackhaus, oder genauer gesagt, vielen dank
speaking out loud
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #3 on: <06-25-15/2019:53> »
i would absolutely love to play a character i knew was going to be dead eventually. i wouldent care about doing things i consider very risky/costly with my character.

Nevyn

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <06-26-15/0831:04> »
speaking out loud
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering