NEWS

A question from a new GM regarding SR4 to SR5

• 32 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #30 on: <05-03-13/0659:04> »
Using the skill instead of Intuition will have a lesser impact than using the skill instead of having no bonus, so I'll settle with that. As for recoil, you got a good point that it might tie into 5e weapon stats so it would be a bad change to make for now, what with it possibly being geared at 5e weapons+mods, so not working right in 4e.

As for my houserules for Initiative and Dodge, here are their current versions:
[spoiler]Initiative:
- Reaction+Intuition+1d6 Initiative.
- +Xd6 Initiative instead of +X IP from boosts.
- Full Defense lowers your Initiative with 10, costing you the last IP instead of the current.
- +20 Initiative in Astral Projection.
- 2 IPs no actions when dropping out of Astral Projection.
- Cold Sim VR adds 2 Matrix Reaction and 1d6.
- Hot Sim adds another 2 Matrix Reaction and 1d6.
- Matrix IP Boosts add +2+1d6 Initiative each.
- When in AR/VR, your meat-Initiative without d6s is when you are first allowed to act in the meat.
- Combat Paralysis rolls d3s.
- From high to low, then reduce with 10 and again with anyone above zero, until none left.
- Injury penalties apply immediately to Initiative Score as well.

Dodge:
- Reaction + Intuition vs Ranged.
- Reaction + Intuition / Dodge(Melee) / UnarmedCombat(Block) / Clubs(Parry) / Blades(Parry) vs Melee.
- In Full Defense you can either add a bonus a second time, or add Gymnastics(Tumbling).
- Exception: Intuition cannot be added a second time, only Dodge / Gymnastics can be added to Rea+Int.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-04-13/0706:44> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <05-04-13/0126:36> »
...  Why are you having AR work on Matrix initiative?  That's completely contrary to the point of it - AR doesn't interfere with meatspace operation in any way (spam zones aside), and in fact helps (see: tacnets); everyone's using it pretty much constantly (smartlinks, for example, would have an AR feed).
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #32 on: <05-04-13/0706:22> »
... Crap. Don't tell me I recalled the Matrix Iniative rules wrong... AH. Cold Sim vs Hot Sim. Thanks. Editing.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!