NEWS

Masque & Reprint

• 3 Replies

ughsoclever

• Newb
  • Not actually that clever
« on: <07-06-15/1936:44> »
What exactly do these do?

From the description it sounds like Reprint gives you new genetic markers, like a face transplant for your DNA? So you're not linked to old DNA records, but if you get your new DNA logged, that'll be tied to you.

But what exactly does Masque do? It sounds like it just makes it so DNA scanners don't come back with a match, but wouldn't that be suspicious as hell? Most SINs are supposed to have linked DNA data right?

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-06-15/2010:16> »
I imagine it would be "bad" to have unrecognized DNA when being scanned. OTOH if you leave DNA behind its great that it can't be IDd
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

ughsoclever

• Newb
  • Not actually that clever
« Reply #2 on: <07-07-15/1631:14> »
I think Genewipe would be better for preventing trace evidence getting traced back to you. If that's all Masque is supposed to do, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than Genewipe.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-07-15/2039:21> »
As I understand it, you still show up as you to a scanner even if you get genewipe--you just can't leave tiny pieces of you behind for people to find.  This is handy since you'll never set a scanner to "ask more questions" mode.  Masque makes it impossible to match your DNA to a scanner (this can be both a good and a bad thing), but doesn't mention anything related to ritual sorcery, so I assume that's still a go.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.