NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #15 on: <03-19-15/1143:17> »
Arc gave a laugh at Yelena's quip about the intelligent gene pool joke, shaking her head as she eyes herself in the sleek dress.  "take a look around, girl.  Sixth World fragged as it is anyhow...heh..". A quick change back to her street clothes and a purchase later, the two left the shop and found their way to the small oriental shop.  It was cramped for sure, and Arc had little room to move, mostly trying to get out of the way of Yelena and the younger shopkeeper.

When the cheongsam was introduced, the human tilted her head, a small smile flitting across her lips.  "Drek, that's a good one.  Suits you well.  Classic yet relevant.  Not a bad choice, babushka". She chuckled.  Over the couple weeks she had looked up a couple words in russian just for fun.  The pronunciation was terrible, but she was trying. After the purchase, the human picked up her shopping bag and left with the elf, hopping into her slick black Americar...the Scorpion was fun, but impractical for the agenda tonight.  Before starting up, she finally answered Yelena's suggestion.

"I uh...think I ain't gonna take Jaime with us.  If this club be as sketch what SW be suggesting, best not to have -too- much distraction, eh?". She winked, plugging herself into the interface as she fired up the engine.  "far as I'm concerned, I'm out with friends.  Word's been going around too, might be recognized by Barrens folk.  We will see." . Arc honestly doubted that, as her part in the whole deal was small and out of the spotlight, but you never know.  The drive was uneventful, broken only by a stop at a quick burger joint for some grub before returning home, the two needing to clean up and get ready.  The uman showered quickly, just enough to get the grime off, and the dress was on in short order, the matching purse actually strapping to her belt.  No makeup, though, so it must figure that Arc thinks the dim lighting of a club will hide the faded scars in her face...right?

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <03-19-15/2100:26> »
Thurs Morning Dec 4

@ Arc, Feathers, Yelena,  You receive a comm from Sam >>Please meet me at the Seamstress Union at 15:00 so that I can give you all the information I know regarding The Stardust. Ask for John.<<   

@  Marco  You receive a call from the daemoness, >>Marco, pls meet me at the Seamstress Union at 15:00, be prompt. I'm going to introduce you to several people that you will be working with. They know me as Sam. When you get there ask for John.<<     

When you arrive you're directed to the second floor, end of the hall, room on the left. When you go in you're each greeted warmly by Sam. "Thank you for coming and agreeing to look into this. This is Marco, he's already been to the club and is well known to the hostess as a pro looking to upscale his clientele at the new "In" club. It will look very natural for him to bring in new clients to the club tonight." She looks at Marco, "Marco sweetie I've taken the liberty of booking you another VIP table for tonight." Looking back at the group she continues. "I don't have much to go on yet. The similarities a few club goers are exhibiting are subtle, but once they start exhibiting them they disappear. It's what's made this so hard. There are no connections between any of them except that club and those similarities. Becoming very absent minded, a light aversion, skin becoming a bit waxy looking, and all tech around them starting to become glitchy and hard to use. I have a feeling it's the designer party drug that a very select group of club-goers get. And I think they're trying to force some kind of change in their status to Awakened. So far hacking into the club has produced zero results. It's got absolutely the worst security and the worst camera surveillance system I've ever seen That's why I've put the club under surveillance. And what I'm finding is that at the rate of one or two people a week, someone just never comes out. And now that I know what to look for, I can identify who's not coming out. That's why I'm asking you to look into this. You're faces are well known. You're hero's. People will talk to you, maybe tell you a few things about the club. Please don't ask questions, you're not trained in it. Just relax, talk to people, have fun, you've earned it after what happened, and now you have the jing to spend and so you're spending it. I've transferred an additional 2k onto your cred so that it looks like your party-goers looking to spend big now that your able. Marco will give you an ID of a few of the staff at the club." She looks toward Marco and motions him forward.
« Last Edit: <04-07-15/1149:46> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #17 on: <03-19-15/2133:18> »
Arc blinked as she was about to merge into traffic when the comm message from Sam blinked into her view.  Using trodes was one thing, but this rig connecting her brain directly to the Trix was another.  Every time she used it, still, it blew her away.  Glancing over at Yelena, she could tell by her look that the elf received the same thing.  Nodding, the human mentally sent off an acknowledgement whilst locating the seamstress' union.  "Fraggin' finally.  Briefing the day of, least we ain't the only slitches last minute...hope Feathers is around, I heard he moved or some drek..."

Upon entry, and making their way to the meetup, Arc tilted her head at the male figure in the room with Sam.  Get a load of this fragger...  Sticking her hands in her hoodie pockets, she adopted a widened stance, her torn cargo pants swishing a little as she eyed the two of them.  She was about to protest this withheld tidbit of info when their employer spoke up, explaining the sitch to them.

Arc's blood ran a little cold.  MORE Awakened drek?  And this time of more unnatural kind?  Frag me....   She waited for this Marco hoop to speak up, but inside she was practically seething with small dread.  The only solace she could muster was that of thinking the process through, namely how she was going to help with the work.  She could help with surveillance maybe, or help them escape if drek got hairy.  Wait, surveillance...   "Heh...I never took you to get your hands dirty, Sam.  You doing the surveillance work yourself?  Or do you have another team of so-called "hero" hoops doing work outta our sight, hm?"

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-19-15/2310:58> »
The Stardust turned out to be far less impressive in terms of Matrix security than expected. "Whoever owns this place spent a lot more money making it look good than they did securing it." I caught the reflection of my digital persona on a nearby surface and quickly wiped away the scornful look. Facial expressions just looked out of place on an avatar with no facial features.

At least the last minute had been productive. Besides cataloging the various exterior and interior cameras, locks, and sensors, I had managed to copy the last 24 hours worth of security footage with little difficulty. The operators had not even bothered with an archive function for their footage so everything ran on a 1 day loop.

As I exited the restroom with the meager paydata stored in my head, I opened up my facial recognition software and began feeding the various video files through it. After an hour or so of watching the AR displays change through a red Mars-like scene, a spaceship bridge set against a backdrop of the Milky Way, and some sort of wormhole travel, I discovered that the recordings revealed no trace of Kanagawa San.

With a sigh, I stored all of the nights intel in a protected file and then moved the file to a datachip. "No use getting sloppy just because the paydata is drek". I then powered my burner link back up and shot a quick message to my mysterious contact while picking up my coat and firearm on the way outside.

BlackHat: >>My offer still stands. If you want it, you know how to reach me<<

A last look back at the physical exterior of the Stardust told me I had seen enough. I got into the back of the Americar that would take me back towards the more civilized parts of the Barren, and into the waiting arms of the Yakuza with no leads whatsoever.

"Better to deliver bad news in person."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <03-19-15/2320:19> »
At the end I did manage to feel free and have fun... Marco thinks to himself as he wakes up. He blinks a couple of times the place looks familiar... too familiar. Yes, it is his own apartment. He scans his bed, and is eased to see that he is alone.  He is happy, almost too happy as night was so much fun. He vaguely remembers the night ends with the big doctor receiving an emergency call.
I just hope he was clear enough to use his medical skills.   He also remembers a short drink on the bar with Tammie and Bill while he pays for the table and entertainment. Tammie seemed relieved when it was over and Regina just enjoyed the fat tip he left both of them. He assured Tammie that she will see him often at the club.

When he received the message: He texted back -

Dear Shilla/Sam or Demoness -  whatever your name really is.
Thanks a lot for the money I had a great time!  It is always fun spending your money - although I must admit that it feels a bit strange to do so with some other lad. We should definitely go someplace nice soon.

As for your very expensive club review:  We had a good time - but stay away from their space program. I vaguely remember what happens after we started with these Apollo drinks.

They also have special drugs per request that are usually served to clients that are already bored with the regular stuff. It might take a while before any of my regulars is offered this type of treatment. Although the last one is on his way there, he never refused a single party drug the entire night.

Are they dangerous by the way? - I really don’t want to lose any of my clients in the middle of a date. I’ll never forgive you if the good doc drops dead because you wanted to see what these drugs are all about.

Kisses,
Marco.

P.S I will be there no problem.
« Last Edit: <03-20-15/1501:41> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-19-15/2357:22> »
Yelena listens to her friend then looks at her before quietly responding.  "Yelena sorry, Arc.  Not mean to get in Arc's personal life.  It just seem that you not think much of self.  And you wrong.  You are very smart, funny, nice to be with, and very pretty.  Interested person see through grime armor and garage clothes.  Have skills and talents.  Have job and assets.  Only blind person not see and wish for relationship.  Yelena stop talking now in case you stop car and make walk home."

She waits her turn in the shower and uses up the remainder of the hot water allotment.  Stepping out of the shower she calls out, "Arc.  Still think need pay for additional hot water."  She dresses in the sleek cheongsam, forgoing any underwear at all to avoid the lines.  She applies basic make up and the lip gloss she had purchased.  She finds that adding the flower to her hair really does set off her own snow white mane and violet eyes.  Satisfied with the look, she places the gloss in her clutch, along with a credstick, her silver cigar case, and her lighter.  Stepping into the matching slippers, she moves off to find her friend.  When she sees Arc, she whistles softly, "Very nice Arc.  Very nice.  You get many stares tonight."

While riding in the car she says, "Yelena sent message to Feathers to remind.  Hope he makes it to club."  She gets the same message as Arc does and nods her head in agreement.  "Yes.  Sam leave briefing to last minute.  I work decades for gang bosses, and they just like that, too.  Keep information to last so feel important."  Once they arrive at the meeting site, she, too, is surprised to see the other Keeb with the fixer.  *Frag.  That Keeb with Sam looks nice.*  She listens to Sam talk then waits to hear from Marco. 
« Last Edit: <03-20-15/0014:44> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <03-20-15/1241:01> »
The hour was 9:00 Marco started his day at the gym then the shooting range and afterwards had a nice lunch all by himself. He was a predictable fellow with fixed routines and in his way discipline.

Once again the demoness is putting me in harms way. That summarized how he felt about this meeting. He was weak and he did not like it one bit. Absurdly enough she was also the only person that showed real interest in his life. An abusive kind of interest but still. There was something comforting in the thought that she knows who he really is. That he could speak freely with her knowing that she already has all the cards. As perverted as their relationship turned up to be, it was still the most meaningful one he currently had. 

Her colleagues and friends were usually Shadowrunners some of them trained assassins, street mages,  and different kinds of technology people. He knew just what to wear to such a meeting, a dark grey suit made from armored fabric. It was brand new and he bought it after being shot at for the first time. He complemented the look with a red shirt and a large copper earring that celebrated his right elven ear.

In the Vatican, him being elf was frowned upon - some people thought that elves are the children of Lilith and are some sort of sweet talking demons, others just enjoyed the opportunity to laugh at what appeared to be over-sized, pointy ears. Many times he asked his parents *why* they choose this particular kind of education for him. They always answered with the same cryptic answer - vows must be respected. They never said more - but this little he knew.  Back in their early days they promised their first born son to the church - to be a man of god.

A decision like that is typically made under extreme conditions, but his parents never spoke about the past.  He knew this much about them:  they were not Italian like they claimed to be.  They had perfect English despite living in Rome and their Italian was mediocre at best. There was no chance in hell - that bad Italian of theirs was their mother tongue. But that was then and now was now... the feeling of imminent death always made Marco a bit nostalgic. He arrives to the meeting with a bit of dread and the excitement of meeting new people.

He did not listen much to Sam. she said that people disappear at the club - he assumed that there will be some kind of danger and his job was simply to enjoy himself with her friends. This mission seemed to be pleasant, however he assumed that it would turn out dangerous like the previous ones. Once Sam finished he talked I'll be very happy to show you good time at the club. I've grown to like it and by the size of my previous tips expect some royalty services.

He winks to Sam - he'd say something but what he has to say has no relation to the mission. She'll touch his hand if she'll wants to exchange a few thoughts, she already knows his body language very well.

After a short while he adds:
 We will go to the club tomorrow - you'll need a really good dress this place is for the rich, famous and wannabees like us. Imagine like you live in the better parts of the city with all the goodies you could imagine. We still have today tough, we're already here and it is evening someplace I am sure. I'd say lets try the drinks here. We could all use some introduction. Will make us feel more comfortable tomorrow at the club. he smiled... Sam will treat us for  a couple of drinks, are you guys interested? .
« Last Edit: <03-20-15/1402:30> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <03-20-15/1420:51> »
@ Blackhat  Blackhat plays the few security feeds The Stardust has for Kato, the head of Mr Wakasiri's security. Whoever placed these security camera's really should be taught their job, they're placed terribly, most of what you see is staff. "Clever," "
You hear him murmer. "No permanent records and they can plausibly claim that they are making sure staff don't steal. And with most likely timeline for Kagawara entering the club is over 24hrs ago. We can not be sure they did not take her. We can only be sure she is not in the staff areas during the time indicated" He turns to you. "I will report your findings to Wakasiri-san. The club warrants more investigation if they go to these lengths to hide themselves."
« Last Edit: <03-20-15/1450:45> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #23 on: <03-20-15/2241:10> »
Earlier....
Yelena listens to her friend then looks at her before quietly responding.  "Yelena sorry, Arc.  Not mean to get in Arc's personal life.  It just seem that you not think much of self.  And you wrong.  You are very smart, funny, nice to be with, and very pretty.  Interested person see through grime armor and garage clothes.  Have skills and talents.  Have job and assets.  Only blind person not see and wish for relationship.  Yelena stop talking now in case you stop car and make walk home."

Arc lifted her right hand, the metal reflecting the sunlight filtering through the smog as she stopped her.  "It ain't that and you know it, but I appreciate the compliments.  Before this gets awkward, I thinking you be misunderstanding my point, Yelena.  This Sam slitch told us there was weird stuff going on with this club.  Given our work history, probably got hired by her because it be a tad bit sketch dangerous, so ka?  Now I don't know how I feel about Jaime other than I get chills whenever he pronounces manual transmission, but how do you think I would feel if I took him to this place and he got his hoop geeked, hm?  Yeah, that's right...Another time, mayhaps, then you can give me a better lesson~"  She let her hand drop, her light smile faded a bit, but quickly released the tension as she yelled at a jaywalking hoophead that nearly cut her off.

And now, back to the present...

We will go to the club tomorrow - you'll need a really good dress this place is for the rich, famous and wannabees like us. Imagine like you live in the better parts of the city with all the goodies you could imagine. We still have today tough, we're already here and it is evening someplace I am sure. I'd say lets try the drinks here. We could all use some introduction. Will make us feel more comfortable tomorrow at the club. he smiled... Sam will treat us for  a couple of drinks, are you guys interested? .

"Done"  The short stout human had her arms crossed as she looked up to the 'pretty' elf man, an eyebrow raised as a defiant smirk played on her lips, expecting a note of surprise that someone like her, who looked like some street hoop casual, could find something nice for the Stardust.  "No need to go looking for something for me at least.  I'll take the free drinks though.  That way if i have to cap a slitch, I'll fraggin' have a warning first before job goes south, amiright?  Marco, wuzzit?  There's a couple watering holes what be around these parts, know a few myself.  Just one condition"  Her voice lowered as she glanced over at Yelena and (assumedly) Feathers.  "I drive.."
« Last Edit: <03-20-15/2248:13> by SgtBoomCloud »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-20-15/2354:09> »
As Yelena enters the meeting room, she immediately scans it for possible exit routes and points of exposure.  She deftly takes her friend's elbow and guides her to a location that is as much out of direct line to any door or window as possible.  Her violet eyes flick across the female Sam, focusing on the new Keeb, introduced as Marco.  *Nice suit.  Must cost many nuyen.  Armored, too, I think.*  She is not an expert at reading body language, but she wonders if she can detect a bit of tension between Sam and Marco.  Standing next to Arc she listens to Sam talk then looks at Marco for his part of the briefing.  When it does not come, she shrugs her shoulders, thinking *Not unlike gang boss after all. Only give so much information.*  She smiles, although the smile does not reach the eyes that scan the room every minute or so. 

She nods at Marco's invitation.  "Yelena have dress for club.  Can go for drinks now, too.  Maybe you give rest of briefing there.  Would like know about workers and diagram of club.  Also physical security, if know."  She pulls a small silver case from a pocket and takes a thin cigar from it before offering the case to the others in the room.  Lighting up, she draws the acrid smoke in and lets it out, then adds, "You ride with us or have ride to follow Arc to bar?"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <03-21-15/0315:46> »
Marcos thoughts raced, her studied his three colleagues. He knew there is not much time to establish some initial trust, without such trust things can go badly quite fast.

The human lady seemed to know the other two he thought looking at them for approval on the driving dibs. A driver definitely and a passionate one -  either she is really good, or just starting. In any case, with this kind of passion she’ll probably be really good.

The elf lady clearly had Russian roots, might imply the drink selection and social meaning of drinking- stereotypical of course but when in hurry this is the kind of thinking you can do. But what does she do? She seems to be a bit cautious - scanning the room for something either she is into security or she does not completely trust Sam. Probably a bit of both he thought. Got to watch out for this one. She may even carry a gun.

Marco had complete trust in the demon he knew. Despite his complex emotions towards her. He was still alive, that got to count to something. Also with the amount of trouble she went through to gain leverage over him he knew he was a valuable asset in her eyes. An investment probably. He is probably safe until he tries to break free. At Least he thought that way.

The human, what's his story? If he is a mage he may know that I am awakened - I am a bit more difficult to spot as I control my emotions very well but a good mage will spot me nevertheless. He discreetly tried to guess his caliber.

They claimed to have the appropriate clothes to the occasion, either they did some legwork and bought it especially or they are more flexible than their current clothing implies.  Both options are a good sign. He just hoped they’ll feel comfortable in such a place. It was after all his job was probably to make them blend in. This is why he got that pocket money to burn in Wednesday date... Oh that crazy doctor, I really hope he calls me again.
In any case, it will be helpful if they get to know his fun loving side for a little bit beforehand, in a less sensitive environment. Will also imply what kind of drunks they are - if they are the violent kind he'll have to watch out their drinking habits in the club.

He then turned to Arc, I do have some taxi service I am working with. Having the right wheels for the places I typically go is a bit too rich for my blood. However, I’d be delighted for a ride with such a passionate driver. I do have my boundaries by the way,  you’ll have to tell me your name before I get into your car. *All of you*. He giggled.  As he looked at them.
« Last Edit: <03-21-15/0322:34> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-21-15/0509:58> »
Yelena looks at the strange Keeb with interest as she pulls on her cigar.  Smiling, she says, "Am Yelena Petrovna.  We need get to know each other.  Maybe buy vodka at bar?"

She waits for Arc and Feathers to introduce themselves then makes ready to follow them out of the room.  Before leaving she looks over to Sam and says,  "Yelena think you have something about Tsina Molovna.  Will give time to act on it?"
« Last Edit: <03-21-15/1125:06> by Mercy Merchant »

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #27 on: <03-21-15/1228:58> »
Arc graciously accepted the Russian cigar from Yelena, lighting it with the motions of one who has done it several times before, taking a deep inhale before replying to the male elf.  "fair nuff Marco.  Means you ain't total drek in the trust department eh?  You can call me Arc.  Everyone else in this hood call me that."

The human wasn't sure how to size this guy up.  I mean, frag man, he GIGGLED.  Guys don't do that...well human ones at least.  Maybe it's a keeb thing, I dunno... Glancing at Sam, she gave a nod to affirm that this meet was over."Aight.  Y'all know how to reach us.  Let's fragging bounce." "

She led the way to her car, the sleek black Americar just where she left it. In most social circles, this kind of car would be considered low end of plain, but here in the Barrens, any vehicle of this quality and level of care was worth its weight in gold.  Caressing the hood as she passed it delicately, Arc unlocked the doors, letting the others fight over who sits where and whatnot.  "you pick the place, tell me where I go and drek.  If not, I recommend the Drake Pit.  It's a bit of a dive, but the booze is legit."

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #28 on: <03-21-15/1537:50> »
The house was beginning to feel a little more like home now, a few bits from the bric-a-brac store down the road gave it a more rural feel and it felt great to know that there was milk in the fridge and that the shower was going to run warm in the morning.
He spent the day soaring out over the open fields, riding the thermals and generally just enjoying the feel of the wind across his wings with Johannes in close to benefit from the aerodynamic tow of the eddy currents trailing his sleek eagle body. Late afternoon came and the sky clouded over, killing the thermals as the reflectivity of the fields dropped. He swooped in to land and dropped the spell, changing into his clothing in the cold field as the wind whipped at his exposed skin. Grabbing a quick sandwich, he thumbed through his commlink's inbox, seeing a couple of missed messages. *Fuck*, going to be a bit late for that.
Johannes, I've got to head out for a meeting about a job. You ok to hang out here today? I'll let you know if anything requires your assistance.
He smiled and got changed into his new wardrobe of slightly more upmarket clothing and climbed on the bike, heading into town for the meet.
<<Reply to:: SW>>//Ah sorry, I was in the middle of something and only just picked up your message. I'm heading in for the meet now, I'll be as quick as I can//
The traffic wasn't too bad when you rode on two wheels and he made vastly better time than he'd planned on, though he was definitely going to be late, it would only be a few minutes instead of 20 or more if he'd taken the bus.
Hurriedly he pushed through the venue's doors and headed over to the group, now familiar after their ordeal.
Apologies for being late. What did I miss?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <03-21-15/1641:15> »
Yelena looks at the strange Keeb with interest as she pulls on her cigar.  Smiling, she says, "Am Yelena Petrovna.  We need get to know each other.  Maybe buy vodka at bar?"

Marko noded, Marco Black, Indeed Vodka it is for tonight! We definitely need to drink a bottle or two before we can be comrades. 

"fair nuff Marco.  Means you ain't total drek in the trust department eh?  You can call me Arc.  Everyone else in this hood call me that."
"you pick the place, tell me where I go and drek.  If not, I recommend the Drake Pit.  It's a bit of a dive, but the booze is legit."

He answered to Arc: Lets not jump into rushed to conclusions about my drek trust. He smiled, he seemed careless and happy.  Yet, he intentionally allowed a subtle hint of bitterness into his voice. It was intended to Sam and was his own little rebellion. It was as much  bitterness as he could get away with in public. 
... Also - that Drake pit sounds awesome, I’d love to see this place. How is their Vodka? 

Arc is talking about some drinking den... I better put on a tougher face. My feminine gestures from yesterday sort of stick, and well that doctor is indeed a lovely person.  However, my kind is not accepted in these places.  Sexuality as it seemed to him will always be an issue in some places. Being a bisexual, a mage and an high end escort for the rich -  just gave the SINless so many reasons to mistreat him. From plain mockery to fear suspicion or even open hostility.

While his job and sexual orientation where his own creation and he was proud of them. Magic was forced on him since he was a little child. Separated him from a family that willingly gave him away to the claws a of a religion that disapprove anything that he really is...  Not only he lost his family to magic, he also lost his freedom to it, as this demoness sort of captured him for his talent. Forcing him into the shadows where people openly talk about ‘geeking’ mages. The worst part was that somehow, he still was catholic despite all his attempts to scorn his religion.

She did offer money... but money he could get in different more sensible ways. He thought to himself, if I am ever to fully accept my new status I need my own devil deal.  I want her to advance my career and I want to learn about my family and why they did that awful thing to me. It is either a devil deal or to break free, I just don’t know even where to start in getting the kind of leverage that will set me free.

« Last Edit: <03-21-15/1651:54> by gilga »