NEWS

[5R5] Excel Character Builder

• 116 Replies

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #30 on: <08-16-13/0756:17> »
Thanks, hannibalisfun! This will come in handy)
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

Wilhelm R.

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <08-17-13/2358:20> »
Using build 0.8.6,  if I set Magic priority to A, and set "Are you an Adept" to 'Yes',  it breaks power points and base magic rating to #N/A

Picesxiii

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <08-18-13/0207:50> »
Using build 0.8.6,  if I set Magic priority to A, and set "Are you an Adept" to 'Yes',  it breaks power points and base magic rating to #N/A

That's cause you cant take Priority A in magic for an adept your either a Mystic adept, a Magician or a Technomancer. Try magic priority B for an adept and move whatever your B was to A.

Slavezero91

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <08-20-13/0055:30> »
great program you made only thing i noticed off was the exotic ranged weapon skill didn't show the points you put in correctly

Neo-Anarchist

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <08-27-13/2328:52> »
Thanks so much for building this, it's the best tool of its kind I've been able to find.

Hope it's not too presumptuous, but I spent some time making a lot of bugfixes, adding some features like different campaign levels, checks on a lot of different limits, and polishing the interface.  Here's my version, hope it's an improvement.
« Last Edit: <11-10-13/2134:19> by Neo-Anarchist »

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <08-28-13/0009:48> »
Neo-Anarchist, One thing I've noticed even with Hannibalisfun's version is that for augmentations that have capacity neither
sheet fills in the correct capacity as they both show 0 for items like cybereyes which does have capacity. Also, any chance
either of you (hannibalisfun or neo-anarchist) could make the qualities section wider or on another page so we can either
add subsections for qualities that have the such as codeslinger (hack on the fly), ect.? Thanks to you both though!

Neo-Anarchist

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <08-28-13/0140:59> »
Good call, I hadn't realized that was missing.  Thanks for the tip, I've uploaded a new version on my original post, see if that does the trick.
Any other bugs or feature ideas?
EDIT: Just added a comments field for qualities too, which will let you specify whatever appropriate detail (for example what the character is addicted to, or what matrix action they're good at, etc.).  I also took out the karma display for qualities on the charsheet, since that's not really relevant there, so there's a bit more room for detail text.
« Last Edit: <08-28-13/0201:23> by Neo-Anarchist »

Rythymhack

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <08-28-13/0358:45> »
I just made an adept with magic priority B. The character sheet listed his magic of 6 in the "Resonance" box. Just thought you should know.

Sahadir

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <08-28-13/0956:48> »
ISSUES:
  • Active Skill selection from Adapt don't show in the Karma tab (and likewise in the character sheet).
  • Distinctive Style quality gives 9 karma instead of 5.
  • Non-defaulting skills (such as Arcana, Compiling ot Pilot Aerospace should have a default value

Thank to both of you!

Neo-Anarchist

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <08-29-13/0011:05> »
Thanks sahadir and rythymhack for the bug reports.  I think I fixed all those issues, although I wasn't clear on your last point sahadir.
I figured you meant that skills you can't default on shouldn't have a "Total Dice" rating on the character sheet unless you actually know the skill, which is a good point, so I changed that.

If there's anything else, hit me up while I'm still motivated :p

hannibalisfun

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <08-29-13/0233:18> »
Neo-Anarchist,  I appreciate that someone is running with my excel sheet.  I like what you are doing to the sheet.  My personal shadowrun game died with a whimper.  So, most of my motivation to work on this had fallen to the wayside until I can get into another shadowrun game.  Although, I am still working on adding a section to auto calculate weapon stuff; die pools, damage, ap, etc.

Neo-Anarchist

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <08-29-13/1107:36> »
if you find the time to add weapon stuff, that sounds awesome!  i have no plans to do anything major like that, just polish the UI and work out the kinks (so I can use it for my own campaign :)
After checking out this sheet, I've been wanting to try some of the fancy scripting ideas in use there, so that may be next for my part.
Let me know if there's anything I should especially not mess with to avoid conflicting with your work.

Volomon

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <08-29-13/1514:59> »
Looks great but one question why is the character sheet split like on the right side?  Also the knowledge skills values don't appear to work.  Where is the karma total?
« Last Edit: <08-29-13/1530:05> by Volomon »

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <08-29-13/1558:28> »
The most about of time I spend, and others spend making characters is choosing what your going to take, and some tweaking at the end. The math is about 2% of the time it takes to make a character. Sometimes I'll use a calculator for alphaware or used ware, to double check.
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <08-29-13/2323:05> »
It's a shame you lost motivation hannibalisfun as your character sheet is one of the best ones so far. I don't know if
you or neo-anarachist was planning on making it as detailed as the upgraded character generator found below but
i'm greatful for both neo-anarchist and your work on it.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=23735

PS: Not sure if linking to other forums is frowned upon here but if it is I apologize.