NEWS

Seeking Enlightenment - Can You Answer These Questions?

• 253 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #225 on: <06-25-15/0320:46> »
29) To add a bit of whats already been said in regards to Mag Mell and it's location. I believe that 6th World Almanac talks about several mystical islands off the western coast of Tir Na Nog, as far as i recall, they made it sound like these islands were Alchera phenomena.
Probably.

There are similar magical alchera stones in northwestern Spain and I believe in the sea between Eire and Iberia.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #226 on: <06-25-15/1440:27> »
32) any updates on the Church of the Undying Light since the year of the Comet? Did they end up being pawns for DEUS? Legit charity?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #227 on: <06-25-15/1521:33> »
32) any updates on the Church of the Undying Light since the year of the Comet? Did they end up being pawns for DEUS? Legit charity?
Two:

In Sprawl Survival Guide, a runner discusses being a member to the reporter doing the story on runners.

In Loose Alliances, the church gets grants from the UN Development Program. The poster refers to this being the same kind of shortsightedness that caused the UNDP to fund the Universal Brotherhood in the '50s.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #228 on: <06-25-15/1529:33> »
Solid. Please tell me that you have searchable PDFs and are not just coming up with these off the top of your head... either way, i am impressed and grateful. Expect to see the result of your research on today's episode release....

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #229 on: <06-25-15/1722:13> »
Solid. Please tell me that you have searchable PDFs and are not just coming up with these off the top of your head...
Both, depending on the subject. That last one was me searching the PDFs.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #230 on: <06-26-15/0252:54> »
What are the Horizonmini books?

There are three book-length adventures centered around Horizon.

A Fistful of Credsticks
Anarchy, Subsidized
Colombian Subterfuge

And Twilight Horizon. My first work, that!

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #231 on: <06-26-15/0259:58> »
Well, Renraku has been up to something... making money while keeping their head down. They have been playing the ol' "Nose to the grindstone" routine. They just aren't making the wakes in the shadows that the others have been.....

Storm Front, Escaping the Ghost Decade has more on this, too. Short form is that Renraku's turning into "The People Corp", and has been using their massive databases and communication skills to win people over the old-fashioned way. Instead of automated help lines and Knowbots in the Matrix, you get actual human (not Metahuman, just Human!) assistance, people smiling and happy to help you, walking beside you the whole way. Need yoru dog walked? Renraku has a service for that! Need your hair styled? Come in, sit down, and chat with all the friendly people! Read magazines that feature stars from Renraku shows, wearing Renraku clothes, and afterwards, you can go eat in some Renraku resteraunts. Much like Aztechnology, they're using tons of false-fronts rather than pasting their own name on everything, but 'the family' directs people at other 'family members', who use the database build-up to make an experience tailored to what you enjoy. If you don't trust Technomancers and AIs messing with your tech, why don't you come over to Renraku's nice, safe environments, where the computers and drones are never, ever, EVER going to rise up and rebel due to being near-cripples, while real live PEOPLE wait on your every desire.

Renraku, "How can we serve you?"

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #232 on: <06-26-15/0302:26> »
16) Arthur Vogel - from what I can find he was an environmentalist. But Dunky tells him in his will to give up the Toxic stuff. Seems to contradict. Anyone have source material or explanation/story for Mr. Vogel?

There are two types of Toxics.

The Type A Toxic are the crazy pollution people, with radioactive spirits, poisonous water spirits, and so on, who go all Captain Planet Villain and try to sludge up the place.

The Type B Toxic are the crazy enviro-terrorist sorts who want all technology destroyed, want people to live in harmony with nature, and who spike trees to injure/kill loggers or blow up industrial plants to save the Blue-Footed Snail-Warbler.

Vogel's a lawyer with ties to the B-Type Toxics.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #233 on: <06-26-15/0305:02> »
19) Also, looks like something went down in 2054 when the Elves put Crater Lake on Lockdown. Big D and Harley seem to have had something to say about it on Shadowland, but can't find anything concrete. Thoughts?

Harlequin novel for this one. Basicly it was a mana fwoosh from teh Astral, but was used by Harley and ... shoot. Alachia? No. The Dark Elf Who Totally Isn't a Drow. Her son was a half-Horror, who brough the two of them there, and in the end she sealed him into the Astral by using the mana tear, reversing it from 'blow' to 'suck'. It's a long novel and its been a few years, but, "Immortal Elf Stuff" should be enough.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #234 on: <06-26-15/0341:35> »
Careful, Wak.  "Harlequin novel" and "novel about Harlequin" aren't quite the same thing.  Let's not start up a line of bodice-ripping fantasy Immortal Elf romance novels, here.  ;)

(PS, it's Worlds Without End.)

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #235 on: <06-26-15/0646:01> »
Let's not start up a line of bodice-ripping fantasy Immortal Elf romance novels, here.  ;)
Why not? Those things make a drekload of money, you know :D

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #236 on: <06-26-15/1443:04> »
33) Noticed that Ares finally landed a probe on Hally's comet in 2062. Any lead on what they found?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #237 on: <06-26-15/1924:19> »
Careful, Wak.  "Harlequin novel" and "novel about Harlequin" aren't quite the same thing.  Let's not start up a line of bodice-ripping fantasy Immortal Elf romance novels, here.  ;)

(PS, it's Worlds Without End.)

Ah! Thank you on the name! I can never remember that. Harumph.

(And I'd totally write Shadowrun romance novels! BUt I think the bosses would give me the stinkeye if I tried...)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #238 on: <06-26-15/2228:18> »
Well there's that story in Run Faster with Netcat and the toaster ...
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #239 on: <06-27-15/0225:37> »
The authorship of that was never proven.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.