NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <05-08-14/2231:43> »
Clem sat down and laughed internally at the situation. She didn't let anything show, but she definitely thought O'Connor wasn't the worst dressed anymore.

Glad Torley was handling things, she looked over the other runners, eyebrow raised, at the mention of the pay. ¥500 a day wasn't much unless it was a minimum of a week. She'd have to let the talkers do their thing.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <05-08-14/2326:25> »
O'Connor took his seat and was unable to decide if the cowboy look was cool-in-a-retro-way, or just plain dumb. After hearing the job description, he slumped a bit in his seat.  500¥ a day for a cakewalk sounded nice, but O'Connor didn't want nice, he wanted a bit of action. While Slade and Torley negotiated, O'Connor occupied himself with the view of the bay. As he watched the octopus move by a few disjointed thoughts filled his head, *Closest I've ever been to an aquarium...Wonder if the one in town has sharks...It'd be pretty cool to see some sharks in the flesh...Fighting some would be awesome...I need to buy a harpoon gun...*
« Last Edit: <05-09-14/1606:39> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <05-09-14/1037:59> »
Having taken his seat, Sam noted Clem and O'Connor's reactions, but kept his attention focused on Mr. Slade. "Before we rush into determining payment, I think we need a better understanding of what it is that you're looking for, sir. Basic security for a few days is something you can hire ex-Lone Star agents for. Hell, you could probably just get some thugs from off the street; make sure they're from different gangs, and they'll even make sure that they protect your stuff from each other. Probably only cost you a few hits of Zen each."

Leaning forward, he continued, "You're familiar with our line of work, and so you know that we offer more specialized services than you've described. You've asked me to "go easy", so I will: if you just want some guys to stand around guarding your luggage, I can get you a line on a security firm for a small fee. But if you've got reason to be working with us, you're going to have to tell us what it is."
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <05-09-14/1229:17> »
The elf grins and taps on the brim of his hat, "Well, you are right about a few things, but a little off on others.  I could hire some security firm, wouldn't really even need your help, though I thank you kindly for offering.  Going that route means a whole lot of paperwork and datatrails I would rather avoid, plus, with the timetable, I would definitely have to pay them more.  I'll shoot straight with you on this point, I think the producer on the movie put one over on me for budgeting, so I am trying to cut costs where I can." He pauses at this point to take a pull on his drink.

"But as for going the real low rent route, that would be just plum stupid.  Yeah I could get a few thugs, but I bring that kind of trash onto a set and they'll know I'm skimmin', plus I'll have to worry about them acting stupid or trying to rip me off.  Any of that happens, I can kiss my professional reputation goodbye, inside the shadows and out.  So I figger, higher some pros that got their own reps to protect, they get an easy payday, I get to save a few bucks and the job gets done, everybody wins."

He leans back and grins, "Plus there is the matter of the cute little injun girl back in LA that put me in touch with ya'll.  She seemed REAL interested in helping me with this problem, and I never could say no to makin' a pretty girl smile."

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <05-10-14/1025:10> »
Sam smiled warmly. "See, now we're getting somewhere. Swift, discrete protection with minimal red tape. That's more in line with our usual services. Naturally, we provide a package deal--physical, astral, and digital avenues combined. Total protection. As you pointed out, professionals do cost more than amateurs, but you get what you pay for, right? 1,000 each per day, minimum four days, half up front, remainder at completion. Plus room, board, and travel expenses."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <05-10-14/1036:19> »
Sammy smiled when he mentioned Melissa.  She could so see the 'negotiations', as she knew that Melissa always had a thing for older men.   Well, if it helped her to a job, she didn't care.  For now, she would let Sam do the negotiations, as he was on a roll, but she did have a question.
"Mr. Slade," she said, "maybe you can tell us what we'll be guarding and where, as that can influence the price as well.  I mean, guarding some old cars in a warehouse is not the same as guarding some trid star who thinks she really needs to see the inside of the Barrens."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <05-10-14/1519:28> »
"I just told you flat out I am tryin' to make a few bucks on this deal, not give you more than I'm a gettin'.  The job is local, so all that travel and room stuff don't apply, but I'll get you fed, they'll be catered on set.  I have no idea how long I'll need you, but it will be at least to days cuz that is what they told me the shoot will be.  I will give you 6 per day, first day up front with each one after paid at the end for as long as you are needed, but not a nuyen more." the elf is firm in his offer and puts out his hand, "Shake on it and let's eat, or am I riding alone?"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <05-17-14/2108:26> »
Sam didn't blink at the reduced offer. The money wasn't all that important to him, though he knew that some of the others would be disappointed. He took a quick glance at the others to gauge their reactions before responding.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <05-18-14/0138:42> »
O'Connor shrugged, giving his assent, "A job's a job, and money's money."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <05-18-14/0351:08> »
"Like I said, depends on what the job is," Sammy said, "for that money I'm not going to babysit some trid actress in the Barrens.  But standing guard over some equipment in a warehouse at the harbour, no problem."
It was kinda ironic that she, a former trid actress, was talking about babysitting said actresses where only a year ago, she would be the one being babysat.  But then again, as mage, she was useful even when not acting, while some of the people she had worked with wouldn't be able to find the door to their trailer if someone didn't guide them there.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <05-19-14/0156:30> »
Clem takes a moment to assess the other runners' reactions before finally nodding to Torley. O'Connor was right: money was money, and Clem needed some. Besides, if the job was just guarding some movie prop, why not?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <05-19-14/0632:20> »
"I can only offer so many details a'fore the job is accepted.  Y'all will be protecting and guarding unique and difficult to replace props while they are on the set, since they ain't no studios in this town, the set will be in a public place.  But that place will not be in the Barrens, I ain't getting paid that much."  The elf finally replies to Sammy.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <05-19-14/1335:42> »
Taking in the others' reactions, Sam nodded to the elf. "Alright, Mr. Slade, sounds like you've got yourself some guards."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <05-19-14/1520:18> »
“Great! I’ve rustled a great many collectibles throughout the years. I’ve recently started working with Ben Howard—you know, ‘Big Ben,’ made that blockbuster last year for Pathfinder? Tremendous artist for sure, and just the kind I like to work with, likes lots of realism. “

“I’ve secured the gear at a safe house of mine. What I want you to do is to protect my gear when moving it to and from the house and while it’s on set. That was my agreement with Ben. Tomorrow, meet me at this address and I’ll give you IDs to bring my equipment on set. And hey, I’ve heard that Pandora is the leading lady in his new film. Maybe you can get her autograph!”

Trays of butter, razor clams, and filets of some fish arrive, along with your drinks. Slade grabs a napkin, “Now enough yappin’, it’s chow time!”

The address you are given is in the downtown district, over near the Federated-Boeing Complex, so storage site security is not in question.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <05-19-14/1546:39> »
'So that means we need to take our 'security' clothes,' Sammy thought, 'time to take some of the others shopping.'
She did remember the name Pandora although she didn't work with her.  The same went for Big Ben, simply because she hadn't worked for Pathfinder.  But she did know them.
"Mr. Slade," She asked after a while, "where will filming be?  Just so we can have a look at the location and see what kind of security is needed."
She didn't know if it was on the matrix somewhere.  It probably was, but it was easier to simply ask.