NEWS

[OOC] From the Cradle to the Grave

• 1078 Replies

Reminder

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-26-13/1816:18> »
In the past, I have mostly done dice in the ooc part (simply because as gm a lot of the responses go in the ooc post anyway), but if people have strong preferences one way or the other, I can work with either.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #16 on: <09-26-13/1817:18> »
normally nest mine in spoilers just for flow (saves checking 2 threads for one action) but happy to accomodate either way.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #17 on: <09-26-13/1818:06> »
I can work either way. As long as they're in spoiler tags in the IC post, I don't think they're very distracting. Plus they are more easily tied to what is happening, rather than having to hunt through two threads.

But again, I'm down for whatever. Just need to know what the preference is so I can summon my spirit. :D
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Reminder

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-26-13/1823:08> »
I can work either way. As long as they're in spoiler tags in the IC post, I don't think they're very distracting. Plus they are more easily tied to what is happening, rather than having to hunt through two threads.

But again, I'm down for whatever. Just need to know what the preference is so I can summon my spirit. :D

If you perfer the IC thread that's fine for now. We can address it later if need be.

Reminder

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-26-13/1831:43> »
As the game progresses, i will be adding additional information to the initial posts I had reserved at the top of this thread, so check them from time to time.

As for now, for anyone doing matrix searches/using knowledge skills to find out information about Mosi's.
[spoiler]
It is a dockside tavern, at least by intent. Located between the docks and industrial sections of Mombasa island, it is not close enough to either to develop into a thriving business. It belongs to Mosi Bandur and has been in the Bandur family for three generations, having recently been re-branded Mosi's in an attempt to stir up business (which hasn't panned out).

There is no news that jumps out. Occasional reports of minor disturbances (fights, thefts, drunk and disorderly) that would be expected for the area are all you see/recollect. The only point that sticks out is that it has not been cited by the health board at all in the past year, which is a bit surprising, given its circumstances.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-26-13/1834:36> by Reminder »

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-26-13/1859:27> »
One last question: For spirit summoning specifically, do you want to reserve the spirit's resistance roll for yourself or are you okay with me rolling it given that it is on Invisible Castle? About to head out for an event, but will complete my IC post tonight taking me to Mombassa Island.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Reminder

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-26-13/1911:33> »
EDIT: I misread, reading what I had already considered instead of what you actually wrote.

Yes, always roll the resistance test against lower force spirits. With higher ones, you have the option, but rolling ahead of time takes away the possiblity of using edge normally if they throw a high number of hits (though you should still be able to reroll misses in that case).

What I was stating, was that when summoning lower force spirits (ie force 4 or less) feel free to make the opposed roll for the spirit as well just to keep things progressing. If you are going after something higher, I'll make the opposed roll.
« Last Edit: <09-26-13/1942:59> by Reminder »

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-26-13/1924:58> »
Great. I updated the post with spoiler tags for the summoning and will fill in as much as I can before I have to head out. Incidentally, roughly what times are sunset and sunrise in Kenya?
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Reminder

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <09-26-13/1949:21> »
Great. I updated the post with spoiler tags for the summoning and will fill in as much as I can before I have to head out. Incidentally, roughly what times are sunset and sunrise in Kenya?

The short answer: Whenever it makes sense in the story, since time flows as dictated by the actions.

The longer answer: Sunrise generally occurs between 6:15 and 6:40AM, with Sunset following approximately 12:10 later. For playability concerns, let's just go with 6:30AM and 6:30PM to make things easy to track and not adjust by a few minutes as the calendar progresses since the changes are so minor. Being on the equator does have some advantages.

Reminder

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-26-13/1958:34> »
From there, she heads towards Mombasa with Wawindaji in tow.

Does this mean the spirit is physically manifested?

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-26-13/2325:38> »
I had considered it so that it could maintain Concealment on her, but then I wasn't sure what authorities/people would generally think of a manifested spirit. I guess with relationship the corps/gov have with the spirit world, it's probably at least frowned upon. If it would be problematic, she'll have it complete that service and have it follow her in the astral.

Now that I am back from my event, I was going to finish her narrative to the docks.
« Last Edit: <09-26-13/2335:42> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Reminder

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-26-13/2330:35> »
I had considered it so that it could maintain Concealment on her, but then I wasn't sure what authorities/people would generally think of a manifested spirit. If it would be problematic, she'll have it complete that service and head into town with it having been sent to the metaplanes to await her call.

Now that I am back from my event, I was going to finish her narrative to the docks.

It depends on who they are. Spirits have caused a bit of violence in some of the cities, but that is more central Kenya.

That being said, concealment affects perception...it isn't invisibility. If you are walking down the road they might not make you out clearly, but you are still going to be seen by anyone looking at the road.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <09-26-13/2345:14> »
I edited my above statement.

I get that Concealment isn't Invisibility, but it does have the mechanical effect of reducing Perception dice. I figure if she can manage to break LOS with someone and put her chameleon suit to use (or hide in reeds by the riverbank), it should help keep her hidden. I was hoping to keep the power sustained, but I don't think that is possible without the spirit being manifested and that would draw undue attention.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Reminder

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-27-13/0102:21> »
I edited my above statement.

I get that Concealment isn't Invisibility, but it does have the mechanical effect of reducing Perception dice. I figure if she can manage to break LOS with someone and put her chameleon suit to use (or hide in reeds by the riverbank), it should help keep her hidden. I was hoping to keep the power sustained, but I don't think that is possible without the spirit being manifested and that would draw undue attention.

I can see it maybe staying unnoticed for a while in the wilderness, where the spirit isn't bound by staying on the road. In the city though, even with the 100 meter distance allowance, the chances of it not being noticed eventually given the amount of ground you have to cover are pretty much nil.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <09-27-13/0106:12> »
Yeah, for now it is hanging out in the Astral following her around. I may even dismiss it when I get onto the island and whistle up a Spirit of Man to replace it. Bit more useful in the city (actually, a bit more useful all around, to be honest).
« Last Edit: <09-27-13/0127:24> by JackVII »
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal