NEWS

[IC] Messy Biz Chapter 0 - Those Damn Aztecs.

• 784 Replies

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #30 on: <04-03-13/1206:09> »
Kitten saw that Legion is not Awakened, he is in a general healthy condition, but something is off about his health. His emotions are currently a mix of curiosity and caution towards the group of new faces.
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <04-03-13/1350:46> »
Assensing result for Punch
[spoiler]The aura of Gibbon showed a mixture of emotions. Basically he felt a bit out of his element but some relief and hope started to appear, obviously the effect of Kitten’s friendly attitude. The dwarf was a mundane, and his body wasn’t whole (Essence 2,66): his eyes, ears and nose were all shadowed by minor modifications and besides some additional ‘wares in the brain, the shadows on his body indicated some kind of reflex-increasing mod. Between the grey areas of cyberware the more subtle indicators of bioware showed up: augmented muscles and joints, something by the heart, and more mods in the brain.
Underlying these, only faintly visible there were scars that indicated some painful and important event in his life. The faintness suggested it happened quite a few years ago.[/spoiler]
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <04-03-13/1701:19> »
"Master shall see you now." The Manservant Drone totters off towards a double door slowly and opens it for you all, leading you deeper inside, expensive painting line most of the walls it seems, similar to the one in the foyer. They are bright and vibrant, but not garish. Eventually you reach a large study, where chairs have been paid out for you all in front of a large oak wood desk.
Behind the desk is an elderly man with a withered face, though his body looks strong, his posture, face and especially his aura to those inclined reveal him to be very sick, likely fatally so. He has time left though, so no fear of him dying before your payment.
"Welcome to my home everyone, I am Mr. Johnson," He coughs slightly but powers through, "As you know I am in need of your particular skills, I'm afraid i am not used to hiring people such as yourselves. I hope you can forgive an old man any ignorance's he may possess."

"You all have AR, yes? Splendid", he brings up an AR overlay in front of him for you all to see, it's inside info stamped with Aztechnologies symbol. It appears to detail a shipment of items being moved from South America to Seattle, the shipping has all ready occurred and arrived if the dates are to be trusted.
"Many years ago I was part of an archaeologically dig, and we uncovered a huge discovery of Aztec relics, never before found. It was a priceless find, such finds were thought to have all been found, you see."
The overlay changes to show a Matrix advert for the Seattle Museum of History, where it says a large display of never before seen ancient treasures will be put on display by Aztechnology 5 days from now. The exhibition is scheduled to last 1 week.

"Aztechnology is supplying the relics and sponsoring the event... and i wish that was where it ended. I wouldn't need you all if it was. A hacker I have paid has discovered their plan is to lock it away inside their own collections after the exhibit, which is just a ploy to appease the public. These Items are a priceless part of humanities history!", he seems to be getting worked up up at this point, "They are for the whole world to be able to see and learn from, not for the megacorporation to claim owne-hack-ownership- " He begins coughing profusely and it is at this point the doors open behind you all and a tall, blonde, Caucasian Human bursts in, a worried look on his face.
He sweeps past you all in his expensive tailored blue and red suit, flamboyantly huge decorative feathers adorning his left shoulder, and goes over to Mr. Johnson.

"Father, I saw the Biomonitor," He speaks in a crisp English accent but one showing pride and upbringing, not polite servitude like the drone. He crouches down to his father and places his hands on his shoulders, "You push yourself too far, please, go to your room and rest, i can handle these negotiations."

"No.. I- can continue.. I must do this-" He clings to the blonde man while coughing harder and harder.

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <04-03-13/1713:23> »
Cookie bit hit his tongue lightly, as he regarded the scene in front of him,  then let his perception shift onto the astral...

judge intentions on the old man (5d6.hits(5)=0)
judge intentions on the son(??) (5d6.hits(5)=1)
assensing on the old man (9d6.hits(5)=2)
assensing on the son(??) (9d6.hits(5)=3)

ooc: judge intentions was done before shift to astral
speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <04-03-13/1735:30> »
Gibbon was curious about the old man. He didn't want to miss a word but the health-related pause in the speech gave him all the necessary time. The question who the old man was and why he hired a hacker in the first place bothered him, so he started three data searches in quick succession. Let's see who you are and what you try to hide from me. He knew he wasn't the best suited to the task but did it anyway.
[spoiler]
Data search 1: a picture of the old man + the address of the house Browse(3) + Data Search(2) + Pushed(1) (6d6.hits(5)=1)
Data search 2: the name of the old man (if i found it) or his picture + archeology Browse(3) + Data Search(2) + Pushed(1) (6d6.hits(5)=3)
Data search 3: the name of the old man (if i found it) or his picture + Aztechnology Browse(3) + Data Search(2) + Pushed(1) (6d6.hits(5)=2)[/spoiler]
The dwarf opened a second AR window and checked from time to time if any useful references came up.
Bulldog
Stake

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #35 on: <04-03-13/1744:11> »
Oh great, he's not gonna croak on the spot, is he? Hell, better ask for a serious advance.
Silk got up, seemed to want to approach but remained standing on her place instead, her whole expression was one of compassion and helplessness.
"Kitten, you're a medic, right? Isn't there anything you can do to help the man?", she begged in a quiet, pleading voice, trying not to be too disruptive.

Quote from: ooc
Judge Intention (17d6.hits(5)=4)
« Last Edit: <04-03-13/1745:51> by Xzylvador »

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <04-03-13/2259:08> »
Legion looked towards the coughing man and then to the one who appeared to be his son. "We believe it is likely this man will pass on while we carry out this job. Is it safe for us to assume you will assume his debt?"
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <04-03-13/2312:16> »
The blonde haired man flashes an angry glare at Legion, "My father will outlive you if you keep talking like that.."

"Please son...", Mr. Johnson pleads and the blonde haired man, who seems to be in his late 20s, 26-28, backs down.

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <04-03-13/2321:47> »
Legion looks back at the man with sympathy. "We do not mean offense death is unfortunate in any form, it was merely an observation."
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <04-04-13/0135:49> »
"I know the basics," Kitten said to Silk, "and mostly on war wounds.  This is just old age, something that will come to all of us.  Although not to many people in our line of work.  But I can try."

She did, however, go look onto the astral to see if she could see what kind of disease, but she couldn't.  The son's aura also didn't reveal much.

"I know something about healing," she said to the old guy and his son, "I'm not sure if it will help, but I can try if you want."

[spoiler]
assensing the old man:
intuition 5 + assensing 3 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=1)
I doubt I will see much.
assensing the son:
intuition 5 + assensing 3 =8 (8d6.hits(5)=1)
also not much.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <04-04-13/0659:55> »
While the attention was on Silk and Kitten, Gibbon whispered to Legion “Would you care not to speak in our stead, especially when you’re going to offend our employer-to-be?” His tone suggested he wasn’t angry with Legion, and that his attention was partly elsewhere.
Bulldog
Stake

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #41 on: <04-04-13/0922:45> »
Legion looked at Gibbon with confusion. "We speak only for us. You might not care about it, but we need this paycheck, and it would not serve us well if he were to die and the son not take on his debts"
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #42 on: <04-04-13/0932:14> »
If looks could kill, the one Silk threw Legion would've dropped him on the spot.
"If you don't stop acting like that, your concerns will be for nothing. There won't be any paychecks or debts to pay because we won't even get this job in the first place. Now shut up and try not to screw this up any further."

Quote from: ooc
Whispered with thrown voice so it's only audible to Legion and maybe the one(s) sitting directly next to him.

Punch

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <04-04-13/1229:27> »
Cookie inhaled sharply, then spoke up...
If nobody minds me saying, I can give a more detailed assesment but just by looking, I can say this is too much for him right now and since it is affecting him this greatly he should retire for now.
I would also recommend you call some in tonight to double check on him and the system he's linked up to, I can do a basic examination to determine if he can continue with the meeting but that may invalidate whoever you have medical insurance with.

gesturing  towards the younger man.

speech; text/matrix; thinking
Cookie's Con Monitor: Phys 11/11; Stun 10/10; Edge 1/2;
PAN: passive,Skinlink ID:Raoul Castus; comlink: Sony Emperor

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <04-04-13/1257:52> »
"See even the medic you hired agree's, come on the drone can wheel you upstairs."

The old man begrudgingly agrees and leaves the room, apologizing to you all on the way out.
Silk and punch have opposing views on the scene that just ended, Silk is sure that, for once, all of this and the Johnson's motives seem sincere, he wasn't putting on an act.
Punch on the other hand is worried the entire thing might be a charade to lure them onto the Johnson's side, why they would need to do this he can't be sure.
The man being very very ill is an obvious fact to all though.
Kitten can tell the "Son" seems to be cybered quite heavily, but that is all she can tell.

"Sigh, i am sorry you had to see my father this way, he used to be such a strong man." He pulls another chair round to where his father's wheelchair had been and sits, "My name is Diego, I apologise but i'm not sure how far my father got in briefing you?"