NEWS

SR5 Season 5 "Hot Patch Errata v1.0"

• 56 Replies

samiam

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <12-02-13/1616:30> »
My understanding is that once CharGen completes your opportunity to make CharGen "purchases" is done.  If you do not take advantage of the cheap assets during CharGen you have lost the chance at them.  So no, you cannot later buy two more Power Points at 5 Karma per after the fact.  The only opportunity for additional PP is via Initiation.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #46 on: <12-02-13/1622:21> »
My understanding is that once CharGen completes your opportunity to make CharGen "purchases" is done.  If you do not take advantage of the cheap assets during CharGen you have lost the chance at them.  So no, you cannot later buy two more Power Points at 5 Karma per after the fact.  The only opportunity for additional PP is via Initiation.

I believe this is correct, for the time being.  The official FAQ/Errata when it comes out should cover this in more detail.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #47 on: <12-03-13/0448:42> »
It is also supported by the German edition, which has implemented the HotPatch and a few more, and states Adepts can get PP in two ways and Mystic Adepts in one way during the game itself, namely Magic+Initiation vs Initiation.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Pixelmancer

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <12-08-13/1927:32> »
Yeah.  I sorta lump Bio and Cyber together. But yeah, can't get used Cultured, since that's tied too heavily to your DNA. :)
What if I have an identical twin? :P

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #49 on: <12-08-13/1932:25> »
Unfortunately, the Negative Quality Evil Twin is not allowed in Missions.

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <05-17-14/1118:58> »
Bull will there be any revised rules for Gencon this year?  I'll be helping my players prep their characters shortly but if there are going to be imminent changes, I would prefer to postpone.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <05-20-14/1334:19> »
Nope.  Just this and the official Errata.  It doesn't look like Run & Gun will be Missions Legal by Gen Con, and I haven't seen anything particularly aggravating in anything else yet.

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #52 on: <05-20-14/1550:23> »
Nope.  Just this and the official Errata.  It doesn't look like Run & Gun will be Missions Legal by Gen Con, and I haven't seen anything particularly aggravating in anything else yet.

Thanks. Moot point since we're no longer in the same events and Shadowrun was sold out before we got a chance to get into more than a couple. My players are in the tourney but I didn't get tickets for that. And conversely, they failed to get into the Missions that I got into.

I assume as long as your character is less than 250 Karma, you can keep using them? I feel less of a need to build a new character now lol

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <05-20-14/1838:15> »
Nope.  Any character that you've played previous to Season 5 can't be used for anything other than being converted per the FAQ and played in the Scramble.  For any Missions module, you have to have a new Season 5 character created using the SR5 rules.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <05-20-14/1900:48> »
Also, show up for any Missions event you want with Generic Tickets.  The GM corp will do their best to fit you in, and will have extra GMs on hand to handle overflow.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #55 on: <05-21-14/0437:41> »
Aw, I figured the negative quality from the Primer, Consummate Professional, would be banned, since it's a positive quality in disguise. And there's also the Rainforest Carbine from Gun Haven that one of my players refused to take unless he was allowed to use it at weaker stats, because he felt like he was abusing the fact it hasn't been errata'd.

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <05-23-14/1419:25> »
Aw, I figured the negative quality from the Primer, Consummate Professional, would be banned, since it's a positive quality in disguise. And there's also the Rainforest Carbine from Gun Haven that one of my players refused to take unless he was allowed to use it at weaker stats, because he felt like he was abusing the fact it hasn't been errata'd.
I've always assumed that Assassin's Primer qualities fell under Code of Honor and were thus banned. They are described as expanded Code of Honor rules. That said, they are also called Assassin's Creed qualities so maybe Assassin's Creed != Code of Honor though I find that argument weak.