NEWS

[5e IC] Tribal Beats [2075/6 Game Thread]

• 279 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #270 on: <01-26-16/1421:04> »
Thorn was now slightly more nervous than before. And the ice might not be as cold as before, but on the other hand, half a ton of water did take more time to thaw than that.
"Try not to stumble on another mafioso fucking his girlfriend."
With that he moved again across the street, looked to see if Al was in position and strode confidently towards the parking lot as a brand new BMW made his way into the space slightly to fast, relying on his carbon fiber breaks to make an exiting entrance.
The moment came and, Thorn stepped out with a spring in his step to get his feet from the ground.
The next moment he seemed to have been hit by the fist of an angry god...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #271 on: <01-26-16/1642:00> »
Ouch!

That really looked like it hurt. But it had the desired effect - Thorn had managed to make an awful ruckus in getting hit, the brakes had been loud, and some passersby started shouting for an ambulance. Everyone in the vicinity started looking that way, some out of concern, some hoping for the worst.

None looking at Arty's Nocturne.

Resisting the urge to see if Thorn was all right, Al ran to the luxury car, squatted down, and used his commlink to key in the backdoor he'd programmed before handing the car over to the mob boss. The door clicked, and he folded his tiny frame inside, ending up upside-down on the driver's seat, legs on the headrest, head next to the acclerator, looking up at the steering wheel. It took him  fourteen seconds to open it up, five to double the propellant, six to apply the resin, and twelve to close the thing up. Less than a minute after he'd keyed the security code, he was back in the alley.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #272 on: <01-26-16/1727:49> »
Thorn looked up into a mass of worried faces. He tasted the Ketchup in his mouth and felt it dribbling from his open cheek. A he tried to right himself up, someone pressed him down gently: "Careful man, you might have broken your spine, don't move."
'Shit, I didn't expect those people to be actually helpful'
For a moment he was unsure if he really was hurt - the pain wasn't bad and he felt his feet, that was definitely a good sign.
He opened his mouth to speak but had to spat out the crumpled ketchup packet first.
"Oh my god, bit off his tongue."
"Oh, shut up. I'm fine."
Ignoring the hands, Thorn got up. He was a bit shaky on his feet and his backside hurt like hell, but all in all he had managed to fall exactly right.
The BMW looked a lot more worse for wear than him: The front window was cracked and deep gouges on the roof showed where the heavy ork had tumbled across.
"But your face, you've got... you've got a hole in your cheek."
"Preexisting condition. Damn it, can't a man just get some tomato juice without being run over.
Hey you, I need your name and address, so I can have you as a witness when I sue this ass."

Those words did the trick. Suddenly all the concerned helpers remembered that they had other places to be and Thorn could get up. Only the BMW driver seemed to be interested in him now.
"My car, you stupid oaf, can't you look where you..."
Thorn bumped into the man, sending him sprawling to the ground
"No."
And with that he staggered away from the restaurant
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #273 on: <01-27-16/1847:07> »
Al cut back to the truck, then scooped Thorn up once the ork was a safe two blocks from the accident scene.

"Hoo-eee, kemo sabe, that were one righteous stunt. Didn't hurt did it?"

He made a left, drove eight blocks, and pulled into a big parking structure. Slotted some cred at the automated gate and went all the way to the top. No one else was up there because earlier in the day they'd strung some old discared crime scene tape across the final ramp up to the roof.

Then the took up their position. It was about a half klick from where they figured the accident would happen, but they could see the ice block clearly. Only because they knew what to look for though, since they'd spray painted the cardboard box it sat in a dark matte black.

Now they just had to hope they'd judged the traffic patterns and Arty's route home correctly. But sure enough, there was the Nocturne, humming along at a good clip, one left turn away from the ice block.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #274 on: <01-29-16/0834:02> »
Thorn allowed himself a moment of relaxation. He'd probably need a bit more time to heal up than he let on.
Now they were in position, but of Rocky there was no sign.
<<Damn it Rocky, where are you? The T is moving you have about 45 seconds to get ready.>>

Only moments after he had sent the message the massive form of the troll in clown make up came out of the pizza place, trailing toilette paper from his shoe and a half eaten family pizza in his hand. Thorn didn't want to know the sequence of events that led to this particular get up.

And there the car came - slightly above speed limit and no sign that he intended to slow down on the roadwork sign.
<<Now, kick the carton>>

Rocky rolled the rest of his pizza up, threw the casing away and stomped over to the black carton from which a clearly visible puddle had formed. With a mighty kick of steel clad boots he shoved the half ton of water into the road - and immediately started hopping in place as the pain of such an obvious bad idea reached his brain.

Yet the carton moved like a glacier into the street - much to soon at that. The car had ample space to evade and adjusted its course just enough to avoid the obstacle...

... and than some idiot in a SUV from the other direction completely failed to slow down or recognize the other car that had pulled up slightly beyond the divider markings.
With a terrible screech the other car touched the mafia car, it's driver tried to compensate came with one wheel into the open street and managed to aim directly for the pedestrian street light. There was a loud crash and the blaring of the mafia man's horn.

"I think you overdid it slightly with the solid explosive stuff. The whole driver side window is full of blood..."
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #275 on: <01-29-16/0842:40> »
Al shrugged. "Airbag murder's an imprecise science. Let's go collect yer chummer an' go git drunk."

As they maneuvered the truck down towards the parking structure exit, he added, "An' seriously, man, thanks. Whatever comes, that needed doin'. Ol' Al owes ya a big one."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #276 on: <01-30-16/1557:41> »
"I... thanks I guess. Let's just hope this is the end of our troubles with the mob.
A beer sounds great, but after that I need to sleep this whole thing of.

Besides I'll probably have to cover another shift if Rocky really hurt his foot as bad as it looked. And the tribe will surely have something to do for us also. But if you need help with another heist, just give me a call."

Rocky luckily wasn't hurt much beyond a sprained ankle. Still, the troll wasn't to happy with Thorn's commands:
"Really, "Kick the carton" why did you have to say that."
"For the sixth time, that was just an expression. I didn't mean for you to literally kick it. And we wouldn't have had to hurry so much if you'd been on post and not feeding."
"Very funny, stationing me for hours in front of a pizza place and not expecting me to eat something."
"It was exactly two hours. Normal people can stand that long without having to eat something."
"Do I look like normal people?"
"You... ah, what the hell. Touché."

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #277 on: <01-30-16/1604:03> »
Sounded like Thorn had his own life to lead. Hopefully he'd be able to - Al figured they had maybe a fifty-fifty shot of this not coming back on them.

He thanked Rocky copiously for his little contribution and headed back south. He had a truck that needed a lot of work, a scary dwarf that would probably want him to actually do his job in the morning, three snakes and a dog to feed, a fridge full of beer, and a girl to keep trying to forget.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #278 on: <02-06-16/1424:54> »
A few weeks went by with Thorn only appearing occasionally at the tribes' base and more specifically at Al's garage.
It was Monday morning when the bouncer woke Al with a really loud and incessant knocking.
"AL, AL, wake up! The drek has hit the fan at about 3000 rpm. A bunch of mafia goons where at Moma's looking for you. They know you and me had something to do with that accident and more specifically with the disappearance of that other guy."
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #279 on: <02-10-16/1802:41> »
About one in four nights Al actually was able to sleep, and this had been one of them.

One more reason to hate the mafia.

He staggered up, swung the door open, then shuffled back to the sofa to find his shorts.

He'd known this day could come. If he was honest with himself maybe he'd hoped it would. He'd even made the necessary preparations.

Looked like he was on his way to London.

He told himself it was because Tony Franciosa had relocated there, though from what he'd heard, that bridge might now be burned before even being crossed. Carl Ryder passed through there quite a bit, giving red belt workshops to double-platinum dojo members, and promoting his chips.

But deep down he knew the real reason why, of the whole world that wasn't Seattle, he'd chosen London.

And he still probably wouldn't call the number.

He poked around in the moldy sofa cushions in search of his first smoke of the day - the only good thing there ever was about waking up in the morning. Pointed at the fridge, and Thorn knew what to do, opening it up,taking out two beers, and tossing one to Al.

"Well, kemo sabe, looks like we done gambled an' lost." He shrugged. "Still, reckon we did pretty good fer our first premeditated murder. Now, though, it ain't jist Arty's pack of imbeciles. He was a made man, an' now they all gotta come after us, with all they bought cops and hackers on tap an' pet Satanists with they rituals. Only thing ta do is beat feet as far an' fast as we can. Now ol' Al, the fucking picture o' prepartion an' foresight, done already arranged a flight fer Frisco, off the books, under the radar, an' flowers in my hair. They's an extra seat if ya want it. And...or...if they's anythin' ya need my help wrappin' up afore leavin', jist say the word amigo. Jist say the word."
« Last Edit: <02-10-16/1859:02> by adamu »