NEWS

My most favoritest gun

• 79 Replies

Lysanderz

• Omae
« on: <01-21-16/1711:59> »
So I find myself in recent days infinitely missing the Izom Aphrodite. It's an SMG, it's a Grenade Launcher, it's a whole lot of fun in a package. Has anyone played with the numbers to make it 5th acceptable?

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <02-15-16/1356:22> »

I liked that thing too - hope it comes back!

-g
wdg

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #2 on: <02-16-16/0453:36> »
...still love th FN-AAL Gyrojet. Back in 3E it was the most powerful handgun one could find.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Adamo1618

« Reply #3 on: <02-16-16/0953:35> »
I'd give the Aphrodite a statline of Acc 5, DV 8p, Ap -, Mode BF/FA, RC 1(2), Ammo 40(c), Avail 8F, Cost 1,600¥. Standard upgrades are Electronic Firing and Folding Stock. The GL is SS, has 1(m) ammo capacity and has all ranges reduced by 20%, except the minimum range. However, to balance it a little I'd put the Avail at 11-12F.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #4 on: <02-16-16/1253:10> »
Forget the Aphrodite. I want the Yamaha Sakura Fubuki back. Burst fire with SA recoil, oodles of ammo, all in a Light Pistol package. Always had one for my characters that weren't focused primarily on firearms combat. Never needed to reload during a fight, ever.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #5 on: <02-21-16/0147:55> »
I liked all the Izom weapons, the Aphrodite and RP-63A are my favorites. There was a conversion guide somewhere.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #6 on: <02-21-16/0310:50> »
Forget the Aphrodite. I want the Yamaha Sakura Fubuki back. Burst fire with SA recoil, oodles of ammo, all in a Light Pistol package. Always had one for my characters that weren't focused primarily on firearms combat. Never needed to reload during a fight, ever.
...yeah wondered why it never reappeared

It was the signature weapon for my ambidextrous gun bunny Death Blossom.

Forsaken daughter is watching you

Adamo1618

« Reply #7 on: <02-21-16/1027:14> »
I liked all the Izom weapons, the Aphrodite and RP-63A are my favorites. There was a conversion guide somewhere.

Dunno if it's a legal copy but here: http://cdn.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-content/uploads/Downloads/Shadowrun_Fifth_Edition_Character_Conversion_Guide_(4898820).pdf

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #8 on: <02-21-16/1128:36> »
That is the official character conversion, but it doesn't convert gear, nor does it give suggestions on how to convert gear.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Damian Knight

• Newb
  • CEO and President of Ares Macrotechnology
« Reply #9 on: <03-27-16/1107:16> »
Dear Loyal Customers,
We here at Ares Macrotechnology strive to ensure that our products are at the bleeding edge of technology.
That being said, we are currently developing a new line of longarms that will rock the entire market.
However, at this time we here at Ares Macrotechnology can only provide what is currently on sale: the celebrated Ares Alpha.
This rifle has been the choice rifle for countless soldiers, security personnel, private military companies (such as Knight Errant and Firewatch), and for some of the most daring shadowrunners on the planet.
Time and time again, this rifle has proven to be the most qualified rifle for standard combat, wherever and however that may take place.
Although there are many restrictions on the Alpha, we here at Area Macrotechnology strive daily to make this quality firearm available to a wider crowd of responsible people.
Despite these restrictions and what other people may say about 'concealability' and other details, this rifle is still the best on the market.
It's in the name: Alpha

Please take time to consider all the advantages of Ares equipment.
-Damian Knight, CEO and President of Ares Macrotechnology
Ares Macrotechnology, the Face of Tomorrow

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <03-27-16/1216:02> »
I miss the Nemesis Praetorian
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <04-07-16/1055:38> »
Catalyst really needs to come up with a sheet of arms converted from 4e to 5e for all of the supplements.  As to my favorite I just give my characters a plain old Ares Predator.  For heavy fire power the AK 97.  If you have to absolutely kill everybody in a room except no substitute for the good old fashioned Kalashnikov.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #12 on: <04-07-16/1702:24> »
Actually, the Ares Alpha is a better option, better damage, ACC, recoil reduction (not mod based), and comes with a grenade launcher.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-07-16/1750:43> »
The Franchi Spas-24 is my gun of choice.  Even more so now that Hard Targets gives us back extended clips.   ;)

ordeiberon

• Newb
  • We are but a stepping stone to what we can become
« Reply #14 on: <10-10-18/2355:26> »
So I find myself in recent days infinitely missing the Izom Aphrodite. It's an SMG, it's a Grenade Launcher, it's a whole lot of fun in a package. Has anyone played with the numbers to make it 5th acceptable?

Not sure about a conversion, but if was anything like the new Izom Artemis from Street Lethal I can see why you liked it. I am really liking the artemis especially with the mods I added. Found it in Chummer along with several other goodies from there and had to go get the book. Love the design too.