NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5025 on: <05-21-17/0949:44> »
Autopicker only works on mechanical locks, most will be digital!

There's an OP format in the spoiler tab in the first post in this thread if that helps? As long as it's clrear though it doesn't really matter what format is used.
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

fibericon

• Newb
« Reply #5026 on: <05-21-17/1441:51> »
Okay, that should make it a lot easier to read. Thanks for your patience with me.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5027 on: <05-23-17/0804:19> »
@SoP: got my first IC up there...won't be long before we'll get used to checking there for updates but for now I don't mind letting you know here too.  There's no rush to add your own IC, after all I said we wouldn't start in earnest until at least June, but you are more than welcome to if you want.  Mercy, Jack, feel free to edit your initial posts but I'd prefer it if you didn't post until we have a few more voices in the mix!  ::)

Now I need to go and carry on reading the epic backgrounds you've started posting  ;D

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5028 on: <05-23-17/2352:52> »
Ooops.  I did not get this message until long after I had already posted another one on SoP.  Dang it.  Do I need to delete it?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5029 on: <05-24-17/0747:28> »
Ooops.  I did not get this message until long after I had already posted another one on SoP.  Dang it.  Do I need to delete it?
No don't worry about it  ;D

adamu

« Reply #5030 on: <05-24-17/1336:32> »
@Safe for Work

Aria, per my IC, can Al access the ARO configuration (is it being broadcast globally through this place) for an overlay onto our schematic, or will we have to just find them as we run into them in meat-space?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5031 on: <05-24-17/1735:51> »
Which would be more fun?  8)

You will have to go through them to get to Monarch natch  ::)

adamu

« Reply #5032 on: <05-24-17/1739:48> »
Well, if you're giving me my 'druthers I'd like to be able to plan things out....

adamu

« Reply #5033 on: <05-24-17/1824:19> »
Okay - thought it would be better not to give our host advance warning we'll be crossing her line in the sand.

Hopefully, with Improved Invisibility masking us from any visual sensors, no telltale sounds involved, and no wireless communication, she won't know Al is transferring an alternate message to his teammates.

Of course connecting a fiber optic to an invisible person's commlink could be a trick, but pretty sure Al can beat the invisibility - we never had an actual roll for the spell from Obi, but I think my seven successes should do it in any case...
see through invisibility: 21d6t5 7

How you all then access the data I put on your links is up to you...but then we can subvocalize on the non-wifi transceivers to make a plan.

Also, Aria, will be studying the schematics for other ways to reach the guy besides through the AROs.
Obviously all regular passages are covered, but who knows what sort of ways could be contrived in a place like this. Even something too narrow for anyone but skinny, double-jointed, maxed-Flexibility power could be useful.
Or if there is any system of minisubs used for exterior repairs that we could use to go from one docking point to another without crossing an ARO.

Or maybe there's nothing, but worth a look.
I guess I'll roll Logic + Industrial Engineering?
Studying Schematics: 15d6t5 6
Six hits turn anything up?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5034 on: <05-25-17/1010:59> »
Nice try! But did you think it would be easy?  8)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5035 on: <05-25-17/1033:26> »
Easy could happen once in a while, couldn't it?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5036 on: <06-11-17/1800:38> »
Looks like we lost some IC... ah well, we're back on at least! Anyone else finding the site slooow again though? Could just be me, my wifi here seems to be going downhill  :(

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5037 on: <06-12-17/0241:25> »
I tried to recreate my last post (at least I think it was my last post - it's been so long I can't really remember)
And yeah, the forum is again slow as molasses
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #5038 on: <06-12-17/1250:00> »
@SFW

Hey guys - we had a long break so naturally hard to keep the continuity.

But before the break, assuming the walls had ears, we had gone to some lenghts to keep our conversations subvocalized on non-wifi microtransceivers. Adding in the improved invisibility, we were taking a stab at not letting the AI eavesdrop on our plans, and had even avoided any indication of hostile intent....

Can we assume recent conversations are also in the same "stealth" mode, or shall we just let it all hang out?

Goodness knows Al is no black trenchcoat type, so fine with me either way....

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5039 on: <06-12-17/1551:23> »
Ah right, yes. Although we'll drop stealth now anyway, as Rick will have to summon a new spirit. Still, keeping conversations private is still a good idea. So yeah, consider what we said subvocalized.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex