NEWS

Clutch of dragons metapolots

• 208 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #30 on: <08-09-12/1834:00> »
Well, I default to you and James, obviously, but I'll be sulking for a bit. I guess that Lung and Schwartzkopf just have more *gravitas* in my mind and, as such, should get primacy in their chosen field.

Ghostwalker is top conjurer, however, has no doubt. :)

And, as noted by another, I think Sirrug might be the beefiest physically. Doesn't mean much in THIS day and age, but hey. :)

Gravity and dignity do not make you powerful, unfortunately.  And among dragons, I'd be willing to bet that's a sign that they've learned their limitations,  Likely the hard way.  So they sit back and concentrate on doing what they do.

I imagine Schartz as The Teacher and Lung as the Philosopher.  Lofwyr's the Lord.  Ghostwalker is the Conjurer.  Hestaby is the Sorceress.  Sirrug is the Destroyer. 

Hrmm, I actually like that, assigning titles to the dragons. Anyone got any more (or better ones?)  I imagine most Dragons have their niche, their role.

Alamis: the Shadow
Arleesh: the Sentinel
Aden: The Watcher

*shrugs*
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #31 on: <08-09-12/1920:39> »
First new Passion anyway. Makes me wonder if she'd be as unstable as the Others.
Don't count the old Passions out yet.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <08-09-12/2054:08> »
And now I have this vaguely unformed concept of a Passion based around Canadianism. It involves beer, moose, beaver, and hockey, but is somehow always polite about it.

http://www.harkavagrant.com/nonsense/batchcanadasm.png

Curse you, CanRay!

Curse you for all tiiiiiiime...

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <08-09-12/2107:23> »
And now I have this vaguely unformed concept of a Passion based around Canadianism. It involves beer, moose, beaver, and hockey, but is somehow always polite about it.

http://www.harkavagrant.com/nonsense/batchcanadasm.png

Curse you, CanRay!

Curse you for all tiiiiiiime...

And sacrifices of banana Timbits
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #34 on: <08-09-12/2116:40> »
I'm thinking that whatever happened to Aina has something to do with the mental link the other elves there are finding themselves with. Only have the vaguest of ideas how that could be, though.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Jareth Valar

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <08-09-12/2222:28> »
I'm thinking that whatever happened to Aina has something to do with the mental link the other elves there are finding themselves with. Only have the vaguest of ideas how that could be, though.

And where, by chance, is this mental link mentioned or alluded to?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <08-09-12/2252:05> »
The Clutch of Dragons.

On Sale Now!

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <08-10-12/0449:22> »
Spinrad and Lofwyr go way back.

What Wak said. Basically short of it it, when Lofwyr took SK he pissed a lot of old guard powerful people especially in Europe. Johnny Spinrad is now the groups defacto leader and "face". I don't see this going all that well for them but they will likely cause Goldensnout some heartburn (one way or another). It's a shame though as spinrad is one of my favorite "tier 2" corps and ever since DE:Human Revolution i kind of have this image stuck in my head (accurate or not) of Johnny Spinrad as a David Sarif type figure.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #38 on: <08-10-12/0743:06> »
Matrix Memes, OTOH, are alive and well until cranky old Deckers get their electronic hands on them.

WHat do you think Bull spends his down time doing?  He's got a a really big Black Hammer program and he likes to go hunting.
And what do you think Slamm-0! spends all of HIS time doing? He loves making that ork work. ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #39 on: <08-10-12/2011:50> »
And what do you think Slamm-0! spends all of HIS time doing? He loves making that ork work. ;)
What spare time?  He's a work-at-home Dad.

Netcat, OTOH...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #40 on: <08-12-12/0410:28> »
2. Aden hates Lofwyr and Harlequin and its hinted they are enemies from before but forced into an alliance vs....The Big G

3. Ghostwalker is back. Harlequin is about to go to war with Ghostwalker.

5. Harlqeuin, Aztechnology(yes Harlequin is allying himself with these guys) vs. the Big G

So I was thinking... Next big campaign book: Harlequin's Revenge?
I always felt everyone's favorite painted elf should have a third book named after him :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <08-12-12/0451:56> »
2. Aden hates Lofwyr and Harlequin and its hinted they are enemies from before but forced into an alliance vs....The Big G

3. Ghostwalker is back. Harlequin is about to go to war with Ghostwalker.

5. Harlqeuin, Aztechnology(yes Harlequin is allying himself with these guys) vs. the Big G

I always felt everyone's favorite painted elf should have a third book named after him :)

if they do that, should have a picture of him chewing bubble gum, in the middle of a fight, where he is litterally kicking
someone in the arse, while wearing a t-shirt that says "They live!"

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #42 on: <08-12-12/0558:44> »
if they do that, should have a picture of him chewing bubble gum, in the middle of a fight, where he is litterally kicking

That would kick ass, obviosuly :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <08-12-12/0933:33> »

That would kick ass, obviosuly :)

And be so TOTALLY Shadowrun, too!(because Shadowrun should have homages like that!)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <08-12-12/1025:58> »

I'm reminded of a Matt Damon quote.

"So, you're done the Borne Identity, the Borne Supremacy, and the Borne Ultimatum, will you be doing any more of these?"
"There's talk about it, but I've told them that if I do, I get to name it, and it'll be The Borne Redundancy."